Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Germany for example will have the "jew" class renamed.

I think Ubisoft may have decided to not even sell it in Israel because of this. :x Like anyone would even notice.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I honestly feel this renaming business is extremely ridiculous.
In the preview video we saw the jew class running around with the Israel's flag as cape, the staff etc. renaming the class alone won't help at all. I would imagine Cartman will have some more nice comments throughout the game, do they bleep all that out? Creating special scripts for a few select markets doesn't sound worthwhile economically speaking.

And the Israel ban... well those Orthodox guys can be quite vocal and actually aggressive when it comes to this stuff I imagine. And they got the influence.

hiver

Whats a ban in the age of digital distribution?

What they should do is add more of such classes.

I honestly feel this renaming business is extremely ridiculous.
In the preview video we saw the jew class running around with the Israel's flag as cape, the staff etc. renaming the class alone won't help at all. I would imagine Cartman will have some more nice comments throughout the game, do they bleep all that out? Creating special scripts for a few select markets doesn't sound worthwhile economically speaking.

And the Israel ban... well those Orthodox guys can be quite vocal and actually aggressive when it comes to this stuff I imagine. And they got the influence.

In fairness, I don't think Matt+Trey are expecting Tom Cruise, Mormons or anyone with ginger hair to buy their game either.

hiver

I think a nazi and a nigger class would be excellent additions.

Also gay and transexual classes.

Chinks... anyone?

nah... doesnt have a bite to it...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Going back to the actual topic of the thread: that gameplay video has actually convinced me to take interest in the game. No farting jokes in the first 13 minutes at least. I only wish the party size was larger than three characters.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Going back to the actual topic of the thread: that gameplay video has actually convinced me to take interest in the game. No farting jokes in the first 13 minutes at least. I only wish the party size was larger than three characters.
Because the tutorial person didn't make a mage. Mages are the fart-class.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Better toilet humour than Terrance and Philip bullshit.

Deleted member 7219

They are one and the same. Terrance and Philip is toilet humour. You've also got that episode 'More Crap' which is about Randy Marsh taking a dump.

I much prefer SP when it is either the kids being kids (Imaginationland, Good Times with Weapons, Lil Crimestoppers) or taking a dig at American culture (Christian Rock Hard, Trapped in the Closet) than anything with farts and shit in.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued

They are one and the same. Terrance and Phillip is toilet humour. You've also got that episode 'More Crap' which is about Randy Marsh taking a dump.
Yeah but Terrance and Phillip are supposed to be ironic or meta-toilet humour. Or something. To be honest it's the only part of the series I never truly understood.

I think the quality of humour of each episode is highly accidental, especially the social commentary-type ones. I strongly recommend watching the mini-documentary on how SP episodes are actually made, available on their site. hmm it might have been available only temporarily

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
More speculation fodder for a possible DLC as Brian Heins (Senior Designer on SP) got promoted Project Director.

Last edited:

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Why do Australians want the aliens censored...?

:suspicious:

If it's a serious question

There are two things which get any media instabanned in Australia: showing positive effects for real life drugs (i.e. permenant healing for morphine in FO3 hence the rename to Med-X, or gaining superpowers in Saints Row for smoking weed), and sexual violence 'without context'. SR4 (I believe, haven't played it) gave you the alien anal probe gun after you finished the mission, giving essentially a 'press M1 to anal rape' button, which is a big no no. I believe that if the gun had been contained to within the alien abduction missions it would have been okay (as that's sufficient context, as would be an antagonist raping someone to show that they're a baddie as per Clockwork Orange or whatever). I assume this game must be similar - one of the weapons will allow for sexual assault of other characters, albeit in a silly, paper cutout kinda way.

So yeah, it's pretty stupid that these get an auto ban but at least it's not a distster any more like when we were banning games left right and centre for being too violent for 15 year olds.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah but Terrance and Phillip are supposed to be ironic or meta-toilet humour. Or something. To be honest it's the only part of the series I never truly understood.

But you did understand them. It is ironic, meta-toilet humor, a commentary on how the show itself was perceived by many at the time. I guess at the beginning it was also supposed to be a parody of Itchy and Scratchy but they dropped the idea of making it a recurrent gag after the show settled in (mind you that i stopped watching the show after season twelve, after which i'm sure they started to recycle a lot of their older catch phrases or tropes). Personally, i think the show really took off with season four, with the first seasons having too much random for the sake of random and trololo, with Terrance and Phillip being a part of that.

Deleted member 7219

But you did understand them. It is ironic, meta-toilet humor, a commentary on how the show itself was perceived by many at the time. I guess at the beginning it was also supposed to be a parody of Itchy and Scratchy but they dropped the idea of making it a recurrent gag after the show settled in (mind you that i stopped watching the show after season twelve, after which i'm sure they started to recycle a lot of their older catch phrases or tropes). Personally, i think the show really took off with season four, with the first seasons having too much random for the sake of random and trololo, with Terrance and Phillip being a part of that.

Brofisted for the stuff at the end. Best seasons have been season 4 onwards. 7, 8 and 9 in particular have some really great episodes and not many awful ones.

Snozgobler

Educated
Ubisoft blog post including a video interview with Trey and Matt. Blog post is from today, video was posted to YouTube last week though, so you might have already seen it. Nothing particulhttp://blog.ubi.com/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-making-of-video/

*Edit* actually, I feel like the video must be older than that (perhaps from another source) because I'm sure I've seen it myself a while ago...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom