Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Turisas, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    Tell us at least if we should cancel our pre-orders.

^ Top  
  2. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
    I wouldn't if I were you, it's great (and probably the most polished Obsidian game as far as bugs go).

^ Top  
  3. Western Arcane

Western
    Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    There should be a ginger class, visitor class can be added in an expansion (it will have a suitable disguise, perhaps sunglasses and a large hat).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    Actually Trey really does hate gingers. He goes into a whole tirade about them in the commentary for the ginger episode. So I doubt you'll ever see a ginger class in the game.

^ Top  
  5. Western Arcane

Western
    Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Grimlorn All the more reason to have a ginger class, they can have special resistances due to being soulless, but can't cast magic or be affected by blessings or curses. They can also have a special soul drain ability that if used on vulnerable enemies turns them into ginger thralls . However when engorged on soul energy they become extremely vulnerable to blessings, curses and magic. Fortunately they can expel the soul energy with enhanced attacks or diabolical magic, just like in RL.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Arcanoix Scholar

Arcanoix
    I remember being personally told they weren't authorizing any review copies / early copies, yet seeing this and seeing Pewdiepie play it makes me sick to my stomach... -.- Not going near it. Might even yoink it.

EDIT: First post in forever. Actually managed to get a life, start a pretty good sized channel on the Tubes, and make something of myself in the last - how long has it been? 3 years? Anyways yeah, how the aforementioned Codexian's even have the game and how child mascots like Pewdiepie can be playing this game this early is beyond me, but it's pretty conclusive that even the smaller studios are selling out to the boys that can bring them massive exposure. As a result, I reserve the right to 'acquire' these sort of titles by my own means. Money saved, money earned. AND HOLY SHIT More than one line in a reply! Woo hoo!

^ Top  
  7. canakin Arbiter

canakin
    That's some pretty intense butthurt.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  8. Calapine Educated Patron

Calapine
    Codex 2014
    That all sounds a bit:

:butthurt:

(No offense!)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Arcanoix Scholar

Arcanoix
    When fucked in the ass, you fuck right back.

^ Top  
  10. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
    The butthurt is palpable.

It's pretty much industry standard for games journalists and Internet sensations to get prerelease copies of games. Did you just leave your bunker for the first time in twenty years?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. dukeofwhales Arbiter

dukeofwhales
    What an absoutely moronic excuse for piracy.

^ Top  
  12. Caim Arcane

Caim
    Agreed. You got a pretty decently sized channel on the Tubes? How big we talking here? Thousands of subscribers? Hundreds of thousands of subscribers? Or are you perhaps Angry Joe?

And yes, Pewdiepie is often annoying but on the other hand without him I would not have known that you can have Mr Slave anally consume hobos in this game.

^ Top  
  13. Answermancer Educated

Answermancer
    Not sure if this qualifies but in the 13 minute video they released of the start of the game, the PC is white and when choosing classes when they mouse over "Thief" Cartman says something like "A white thief? I don't see it but okay..."

That makes me think there will be some reactivity to race but who knows.

^ Top  
  14. Onholyservicebound Arcane

Onholyservicebound
    Yeah, heard that one, there was also the "A jew from jersey, so pretty much Kyle's mom.", when you had spray tan + jew. I'll probably roll a magical negro..It would be nice to see race reactivity for all race choices, even if it's just in the early game. Although throughout would be better, and probably get more people butthurt. :troll:

^ Top  
  15. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    So I enter this thread hoping to find some bros describing the game in great detail and I leave it searching for PewDiePie videos on youtube to satiate my thirst. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect this turn of events.

^ Top  
  16. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    bundle fodder.

^ Top  
  17. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    unlikely.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    Pre-Load is now available on Steam.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
    I already shot my load.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    Any Australians care to weigh in on why their country is apparently filled with censor-happy pussies? What the fuck is it with you guys and censoring video games? Enough already.

^ Top  
  21. dukeofwhales Arbiter

dukeofwhales
    I wrote about it a few pages back. Technically the exact same rules apply to video games as they do to film and tv, but the specifics (esp. the sexual assault 'without context' mean that it's more likely to occur in video games). Unfortunately the ratings board are just applying the rules which have been put in place (which were significantly improved last year with the R18 rating, but there's still come stupid caveats).

As to why exactly, I think it's just because people are too lazy to get it changed, and it's super easy to make a 'save the children' argument against it. We don't have this 'fight for your freedoms' mentality that a lot of Americans seem to have.

It's interesting because there's actually much less censorship in film (cinemas do not refuse to show NC-17-equivalent films), tv (there is swearing and boobs on free to air) and music (there are no stores which refuse to sell cds with swearing, so the idea of a 'clean' cd is nonexistent), it's just video games.

^ Top  
  22. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    weird. steam store page lists march 6th as the release date while the coming soon tab has march 4th (but sorts it below games coming out on the 6th)...

^ Top  
  23. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
    It's March 4 in North America.

^ Top  
  24. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    i guess it's early unlock proxy time again.

^ Top  
  25. ColCol Arcane

ColCol
    Going to buy on the first day despite being disappointed with Obsidian. Come Obsidian Come, feed me like the pig I am, put anything in the trough.

am. [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)