Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SoZ Portal Crash- FIXED!

Redeye

Arcane
Sorry if this isn't the right place.

I crashed repeatedly trying to get from Samarach to the Sword Coast via the Lantanese Lumber Camp Portal.

I searched the Web and found little of help, and wanted to post my fix.

No way I was joining the forums that had threads about it.

So I will drop the fix here with search tags so that people may find it in future searches:

SoZ Storm of Zehir Crash Portal Loading Area Unloading Module Loading Module Lantanese Lumber Camp CTD Error Report

ok, that should do it

I fixed it by resetting all graphics (regular plus advanced) to the minimums (including shutting off shadows, effects, etc. - unclick all of the little "x"s), removing shiny magic weapons from hands, getting rid of cohorts, and switching to Exploration Mode.

Probably just the first step mattered.

Seriously- it took me 5 minutes to figure the fix, most of that searching for web solutions.

Then just going "doh!" and easing the strain on the buggy, unoptimized engine.

Worked.

Redeye

Arcane
Update: i tried switching back to higher graphics after getting to Sword Coast- same shit started again.
Switched back to low graphics and it was okay again.

but:

West Harbor is not responding to the fix.

Found a post about metamagic in hotbars doing it, and something about overloaded containers.

More experimenting to do now :(

Redeye

Arcane
Got in to West Harbour.

Ditched my Cohort after trying all of the thing listed above.

Also defragged/etc. - might help others even though it didn't help me- I tested 4 times after defrag and eliminating metamagic on toolbars didn't help even after that and all of the other stuff.

The only change that worked was cohort elimination.

It Worked.

Now let's see if I can *leave* West Harbour without a crash.

Edit:

Left West Harbour without crash.

I set horizon distance so low I can hardly see the map- makes it spooky as hell; probably not necessary.

Redeye

Arcane
Keeping it at lowest graphics levels; still get crashes, but they are recoverable with just 1 reload.

Don't give up!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom