Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Rangers: A War Apart (SR2 HD Remaster)

Discussion in 'Space Games' started by Heresiarch, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Latro Arcane

Latro
    imo, just mod out the pirates on a first playthrough, and then re-enable them for the extra content and shenanigans

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    NO. playing without pirates is wrong. just play the damn thing. dont start with impossible difficulty its pointless. modify difficulty as you see fit and enjoy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    But is it true that one of the only ways to really get by with the pirates in the game is by joining them? I don't want to be shoe-horned into siding with a faction just because that's the only way to get by in the game.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. SerratedBiz Arcane

SerratedBiz
    I've never had an issue with pirates. Just don't muck around with the difficulty settings and you'll be fine.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Terra Learned

Terra
    I also didn't have any problems with pirates in my playthrough using standard difficulty settings. Keep an eye on the map screen as I think it highlights ongoing battles which you'll want to head to in order scavenge equipment, even if you can't/don't want to use it, it sells for a pretty penny. Be prepared to run away a lot when doing this and just pick your battles in general. Much later in the game I eventually sided against the pirates and they ended up pretty much wiped out. Only reason I never finished the game was one of the dominator bosses ended up being a pain to find/beat (I can't recall, it was years ago I last played).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ggeore Barely Literate

ggeore
    url is changed ?

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    that first post

^ Top  
  8. flushfire Augur

flushfire
    Just played this again and I just remembered how stupidly strong the pirates are if they are set above normal. 3 years in-game and they hold all but 3 non-dominator systems. Only 8 rangers left in the game. Devs should've been a little more creative and made them into something else because why would they resort to piracy when they can take over the whole universe instead. I like the added difficulty but Reboot was better balanced and more fun overall.

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Are the rangers also pirates? I know I committed my fair share of Ranger-Piracy. I usually went and found whichever Ranger was ranked above me, and then blew him up to see if he had any loot. And to boost my own ranking.

^ Top  
  10. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    if i remember correctly there were some ranger pirates

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)