Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Like a nuclear strike from clear sky - got featured on the frontpage of grandaddy of Fallout sites - NMA!

NMA-frontpage.png

Thanks Bigg Boss , Black Angel

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm sure you will get a lot more press from the dear Codex, but I am glad to help. Good luck with everything.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Nothing major, adjusted colours for DOS theme of the game. I think this nu blu is easier on the eyes

new-blue-inventory.png

new-blue-dialogue.png
new-blue-dialogue.png

new-blu-gui.png

And, just for the reference, this theme used to look like this:

DOS-theme.jpg

Oh, and I changed the font as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Starting to get SPACE QUEST vibes from this game. Roger Wilco totally could have been sent on this mission.

Black Angel

Arcane
Character design update. Now fully isometric.

NEW vs OLD
SW-isometric-flat-comparison.gif

And, just to be clear, yes, it's Terenty fault.

Looks more and more like Underrail old vs. new, I'm expecting a greatness just as much if not more than Styg's incline :salute:
When it comes to graphics calling this game an abomination is understatement.
Filthy fucking graphic whores need to be tagged and dealt with accordingly
:imperialscum:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
It's a fantastic improvement, congratulations on it!
Graphics are best left for later stages, but do consider tying the palette up once the game's done, it's the only glaring aesthetic faux pas I can see at the moment.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Nothing major, adjusted colours for DOS theme of the game. I think this nu blu is easier on the eyes
Oh, and I changed the font as well.

Don't you think that with the environment's flashy colors, retro black fonts on white background would have been preferable art- and readability-wise ?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
So now everyone in the game is a hipster?

See how she moves! (Bloopers)

SW-ministry-of-silly-walks.gif

Don't you think that with the environment's flashy colors, retro black fonts on white background would have been preferable art- and readability-wise ?
I was going for kind of LCD style displays. This one comes from:

images

Black/white looked a bit too CRT when I tried.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is it...first ever recorded case of Space Wreck memefication? ...Achievement unlocked!
You should put in an instance where your character will perform the somersault in the gif, kinda like how in Disco Elysium we can give the finger to the bar manager when failing the checks, which then unlock the Shooting Stars achievement.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it...first ever recorded case of Space Wreck memefication? ...Achievement unlocked!
You should put in an instance where your character will perform the somersault in the gif, kinda like how in Disco Elysium we can give the finger to the bar manager when failing the checks, which then unlock the Shooting Stars achievement.

Make it the animation when the character, for whatever reason, gets flushed out into open space.
Then you literally turn into a shooting star.

Black Angel

Arcane
Playing Fallout, I was blown away first time I realized you can set a timer on a bomb and reverse-pickpocket it on NPC. And blow it up!

So, naturally, I had to have it in my game as well!

SW-place-an-armed-stealth-bomb-2.gif
I'm wondering, have you played Fallout 2 TC mod, Fallout of Nevada? I really like how they utilize the reverse pickpocket mechanic more, like the instance where your task is to sabotage a guy's business by poisoning their booze, and the way to do it was to reverse pickpocket some poisoned beer to their patrons. I hope you took inspiration from that and give players more opportunities to use reverse pickpocket.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Various sets of armour / clothing in "Space Wreck":

They function the same as in Fallout/Fallout2 - each armour set is an item that you can equip and it changes your sprite. These items have both AC (basically DT) and stat bonuses associated.

~BTW, game art is done by fellow codex old fag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom