Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

AdolfSatan

Arcane
About an hour for a single playthrough IIRC.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I'm getting Space Station 13 vibes from the graphics
Nice! Space Station 13 is totally something I don't mind being compared to in any way.

how many hours of content the game has?
The plan is to have an RPG you can complete in an evening. And then, if you liked it, you can play through the game again (with different character build/choices, endings etc.) next evening. I estimate it should be about 4-6hrs for a 1 play through but it depends of course. For example, if you have the right build and do right things, there's a [rational] way to complete the game in 20 minutes. It's not default path, though. The general idea in content creation is and presumable will continue to be - more options, not longer main quest.

I certainly can enjoy 100+ hr RPGs but there's also an argument for short and focused role-playing session, a oneshot. That's what I am aiming for.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

Combat is optional. But if you want, you can opt for violent solution but even then it does not necessarily have to be lethal. You can role play as bully - intimidating and beating up people, yet never commiting a murder. Unarmed combat is considered non-lethal and regarded by NPCs as "one's business" in most cases, that means, no mass aggro. Reach for a gun, or knife and it's completely different story.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You can role play as bully - intimidating and beating up people, yet never commiting a murder. Unarmed combat is considered non-lethal and regarded by NPCs as "one's business" in most cases, that means, no mass aggro. Reach for a gun, or knife and it's completely different story.
Ok I'm sold. We need more games where violence and combat don't always have death of opponents as the only successful outcome.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Feeling that there might be some questions players would like to know about the universe (as in, game's setting), I decided to introduce an in-game / immersion-non-breaking mechanic - a friendly A.I. assistant/help-desk bot F.A.Q. Man

SW-F-A-Q-MAN.gif

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Working on a new map - dilapidated industrial area.

Robot-Reassembly-Plant-3-DPrinter-Room.png

Last weeks I've been dealing with balancing issues and high level planning after a round of comments from curators. And, formally added Steam API integration, so, while there's nothing in yet as per achievements etc., this is already a Steam game.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Feeling that there might be some questions players would like to know about the universe (as in, game's setting), I decided to introduce an in-game / immersion-non-breaking mechanic - a friendly A.I. assistant/help-desk bot F.A.Q. Man

SW-F-A-Q-MAN.gif

Dialogue-screen ripped from Copper Dreams
:shunthenonbeliever:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Dunno about you but I really liked and appreciated the fact that original Fallout games had description for every single freaking object, tile. It feels something of tabletop quality - you could ask GM at any moment to investigate any object in game, map, to get description. And, sometimes, player would be rewarded by deciding to pay attention (e.g. the rad scorpion cave entrance in Fallout). Many games - even kind of great RPGs - don't have this level of detail/freedom. You just get few "hotspots" you can activate to get more info. Them being so few makes them stand out while being able to investigate anything at any time is more natural experience.

To many that could be secondary non-important feature but for me it was one of the things I really wanted to copy from Fallout. So I did.

SW-inspect-tiles.gif

Prehistorik

Scholar
Dunno about you but I really liked and appreciated the fact that original Fallout games had description for every single freaking object, tile. It feels something of tabletop quality - you could ask GM at any moment to investigate any object in game, map, to get description.

This. Still remember how unreal it felt for kid me, very immersive.

This gives me some Glow vibes (the most tense dungeon in rpgs), hope to get some of that in Space Wreck!

All in all it's D1P for me, any price.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Very tiny design update. Switched from rotating toggles to illuminated "rubber" buttons in mode switcher. The toggles seemed cool, but IMO was hard to quickly get a read whether it's OFF or ON.

Old:
Robot-Reassembly-Plant-3-DPrinter-Room-2.png

New:
SW-toggle-button-set.gif

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This art style is amazing. Beautiful looking game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom