Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Citizen

AoD figurine, MCA portrait, fallout brahmin toy, ORION (as in Master of Orion?) text on a fly-by wreckage

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Oh wow, guys, you nailed the references in like a blitz. RPGWatch got 1 and PCGamer 1.5? Wow.

Anyways, while I am working on larger content piece, here's glimpse at small animations update.

SW-cambot-shoots-ray.gif

While exploring Junkspace, you are likely to run into a cambot. Once a popular and cost-effective all-in-one security solution, they still guard company's property blissfully unaware of decades passed

This is a concept for screen what you get when travelling between various wrecks.

animationcockpit.gif

Oh, and btw, how many obscure games related references can you find in this GIF?
The interface reminds me somewhat of the EVA suit section from Space Quest V.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Only one of the options gets you what you need, but all of them have skill-checks. Fail, and it may get you in trouble.

SW-multiple-choice.gif

How to make the informed decision? Explore, gather information or pass perception check to read the NPC's psychological profile.

I am trying to mitigate infamous `click-to-win` gameplay that is quite common in many RPGs, even the good ones: you see a skill check and most likely go for it, sometimes even without reading.

There will still be cases with `skill-check === good` scenarios but I am trying to mix it up a little bit here and there.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Do you like mines in your RPG? I like mines.

Not the part where you step on one - that's just annoying. But I really like the creative tactical solutions they provide.

SW-place-a-mine.gif

You can place mines. Be careful though, once it is set it does not magically recognize you - it will detonate on anybody indiscriminately.

SW-fail-to-disarm-a-mine.gif

Mines can, of course, be disarmed. It is a SCITEC skill roll and if you fail. Well, you've got 2 seconds to get away

SW-succesfully-disarm-a-mine.gif

...but if you succeed, you can pick up disarmed mine for yourself and place it wherever you need it.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way the mine is represented on the floor makes it kind of hard to figure out what it actually is. Maybe some sort of a highlighting feature or a change in the art would be good.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
The way the mine is represented on the floor makes it kind of hard to figure out what it actually is. Maybe some sort of a highlighting feature or a change in the art would be good.
Good point. I was going for oh the mine is masked as a random debris! but, yes, probably makes sense to make them more easily detectable. Penalizing pixelhunt is not the most rewarding type of gameplay.

Black Angel

Arcane
Better yet, why not make it like Underrail? Only this time it CAN be masked as a random debris but by rolling detection/trap skill your character can recognize a mine from some distance based on skill by alerting you, and then your character automatically avoid it once they noticed it. You can even put a perk that allows the character to not trigger a mine like Fallout's Light Step but balanced in that can only be done after noticing the trap.

Black Angel

Arcane
Very nice.

Also, would you consider more elaborate traps, other than landmines? Like booby-trapped containers, and perhaps traps that triggers gates closing. Fallout has booby-trapped containers and a specific instance like pitfall in the farm near Modoc, and if I'm not mistaken also some wire traps? But other than that, nothing more elaborate. Same with AoD, and it's a shame Underrail has no more elaborate traps other than landmines and bear traps.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This looks cool. Always good to have a non-fantasy RPG that isn't made by retards.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This looks cool. Always good to have a non-fantasy RPG that isn't made by retards.
Yo old fuck, why ain't you and the boys over in NMA not talk much about the game over there https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-inspired-isometric-retro-indie-rpg-spacewreck.218724/

We don't talk about video games. Only politics.

I'll have my guy do a news post for it

I ended up doing it. The art style reminds me of Neo Scavenger.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
This is something I wish more games did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom