Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Spacetime - sci-fi game from PB offshoot Piranha Bytes RED (cancelled)

Inspectah

Savant
The bridge command stuff is pretty interesting and unfortunately not a lot of space sims go for it.
The only ones I remember are the star trek one and Gemini something(I remember it not being very good)

roshan

Arcane
MOAR shitty ACTION RPG's.

Where is my fucking TURN-BASED RPG Renaissance?

:rpgcodex:

Isn't it happening in pretty much full force? We already got Legends of Eisenwald, Invisible Inc, Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, Banner Saga, Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin, Expeditions Conquistador, Antharion, Telepath Tactics, Halfway, Lords of Xulima, Might and Magic X, Neo Scavenger, Paper Sorcerer, Aarklash Legacy, Blackguards, Blackguards 2, Dead State.....

And with upcoming games there's Battle Brothers, Underrail, Torment Numanuma, Shadowrun Hong Kong, Darkest Dungeon, Banner Saga 2, Whalenought's Cyberpunk project, Expeditions Viking, Balrum, Bedlam, Age of Decadence.....

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Isn't it happening in pretty much full force? We already got Legends of Eisenwald, Invisible Inc, Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, Banner Saga, Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin, Expeditions Conquistador, Antharion, Telepath Tactics, Halfway, Lords of Xulima, Might and Magic X, Neo Scavenger, Paper Sorcerer, Aarklash Legacy, Blackguards, Blackguards 2, Dead State.....

And with upcoming games there's Battle Brothers, Underrail, Torment Numanuma, Shadowrun Hong Kong, Darkest Dungeon, Banner Saga 2, Whalenought's Cyberpunk project, Expeditions Viking, Balrum, Bedlam, Age of Decadence.....

Might as well list Grimoire while you're at it m8.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The bridge command stuff is pretty interesting and unfortunately not a lot of space sims go for it.
The only ones I remember are the star trek one and Gemini something(I remember it not being very good)

Starpoint Gemini 2?

525833b.jpg

Looks great on the picture, but unfortunately has no bridge commander feature. It's boring 3rd person ship view from outside. There is even a thread in the developer's forum of people requesting bridge command. But it ain't gonna happen. I wonder why they're asking, did the first game have this feature?

Inspectah

Savant
Starpoint Gemini 2?
Looks great on the picture, but unfortunately has no bridge commander feature. It's boring 3rd person ship view from outside. There is even a thread in the developer's forum of people requesting bridge command. But it ain't gonna happen. I wonder why they're asking, did the first game have this feature?
Yeah, that's the one. I though I read somewhere that there was bridge control, because you control a big ship instead of just a fighter, but I guess I just misremembered

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Based on the comment of the developer here (german only), they only showed the technical prototype behind closed doors in the business section of GC. Though it seems to have convinced the audience. Developer says you can currently only land on the moon, weapons fire only automatic (but will be changed), and the bridge will be reworked. All this info is of course useless if we haven't seen the prototype. They hesitate to announce it publicly yet until they achieve a more fleshed out version. Fair enough, until then we must wait. I guess 'Into the Stars' will happen earlier.

Morkar Left

Well I guess they don't want to throw to much attention away from ELEX, too.

Darkzone

Arcane
Piranha bytes RED
C'mon, thus guys cannot be serious lmao
Literally beer copying potato neighbor
From time to time there is a unicorn. But yes, the poles can finally shout that they are much better than the germans (at least in this department).

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
GybanMc.jpg

The "Subsidiary" website as of now, clicking Imprint opens up a series of hoops for you to jump through - with "Spacetime Productions" being the name of another company, further links back to "PB Outsourcing".

Found this from Piranha Bytes' Russian Wikipedia page (lol) - original quotes/citations from reference (W.o.G forum...surprise...) appear to have been deleted.
October 24, 2014 EuroGamer.de announced a new project by Michael Hoge called "Spacetime". It became known that the well-known game developers of the Gothic series already work in the team of Mike: Karsten Edenfeld and Sasha Henriks, as well as Jan Kerntke, the concept artist Piranha Bytes. Later they were joined by Kai Rosencrantz himself, the former composer who left Piranha Bytes.

Michael Hoge and his new team henceforth call themselves Piranha Bytes Red , Michael himself commented:

"
Đ Đ’ and Đ Đ’ RED are two completely independent firms, although we at the same time, if possible, contact, exchange opinions and consult.

...So it is specifically planned that our teams exist "on their own". We sometimes (very rarely) load technical problems with PB programmers. In the medium term, you might think about giving each other "mutual support," but time will tell. We PB RED, as I said, everything is just beginning. "

Perhaps they did all of this to keep the Gothic I.P safe, should THQ Nordic + Elex go bad? Would explain why Piranha Bytes never speaks about Gothic at length - even after getting the rights back. They put it under Michael Hoge's name?

Mike probably got bored and leaked those old "Gothic Sequel" assets himself haha.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane

Latelistener

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom