Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

a cut of domestic sheep prime

welp, I picked it up. Graphically looks p nice and the storyfaggotry itt sound interesting.

also, I heard it recently got mod support, so maybe there is some small incline to be had here.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even on replay the writing holds up
The writing was surprisingly good. Dialogues felt natural, for lack of a better word.
But do they have barbarians?
They have the best orks i have seen in a game,for first time in my life i liked orks :obviously:.
Yeah, they were a bit like Klingons. An actual culture that strives for improvement through struggle - and not just barbarians with teeth :lol:

Their buildings would have really required a much better UI, though. They can build basic units practically from everywhere, but instead of being able to just order a unit and the next-closeest production facility gets the task - or at least being able group those buildings to have it all on one key - you have to move to each building or assign a key to each building for production.
Really hampers the potential.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Even on replay the writing holds up
The writing was surprisingly good. Dialogues felt natural, for lack of a better word.
But do they have barbarians?
They have the best orks i have seen in a game,for first time in my life i liked orks :obviously:.
Yeah, they were a bit like Klingons. An actual culture that strives for improvement through struggle - and not just barbarians with teeth :lol:

Their buildings would have really required a much better UI, though. They can build basic units practically from everywhere, but instead of being able to just order a unit and the next-closeest production facility gets the task - or at least being able group those buildings to have it all on one key - you have to move to each building or assign a key to each building for production.
Really hampers the potential.
Yeah,the UI is pretty shit,also the camera rotation and collision is bad. But as in any game you get accustomed to it.

Mazisky

Magister
The game is pretty good but i don't know why they removed the day\night cycle that was present in previous games :\

vazha

Arcane
I remember in earlier Spellforces, if you were sawwy enough, you could forego the strategic path altogether and successfully adventure with your party only. Or at least keep the building/economy whatevs at bare minimum. Is the same kind of leeway allowed here? so far the game has been persistent in imposing his strategy features on me. Don't want that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
In previous games, at least in 1, it's actually much easier to go with your party alone on some maps, especially on hard mode. There was a mission where you control the elves, but you were constantly assaulted from 3 sides by different factions. I couldn't beat the mission without exploiting the fact mobs don't start spawning before you claim a monument and you only have to kill the static ones with your heroes. Don't know about Spellforce 3, though. I think it works much the same way.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember in earlier Spellforces, if you were sawwy enough, you could forego the strategic path altogether and successfully adventure with your party only. Or at least keep the building/economy whatevs at bare minimum. Is the same kind of leeway allowed here? so far the game has been persistent in imposing his strategy features on me. Don't want that.
I'd say it is about the same or even "worse" (depending on how you look at it).
Especially in later missions, your party is so strong that they can basically permanently replace a whole army (or are even stronger than an army). However, your party can only be in one place at a time, so you have to at least hold your ground with your other forces. I don't think you are allowed to lose your stronghold, but then again I never tried...

One "trick" is to clear the map with your party before the RTS part even starts. Of course that isn't possible in each mission as you might start with a base already or certain areas are locked until you have a base.

I'm a bit split on this.
On one hand, I'd prefer RTS missions to not rely so strongly on your party. On the other hand, the UI leaves so much to desire that relying on the RTS part alone would be rather painful.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
ghkohaR.jpg

They just announced a stand-alone expansion with a new campaign, adding dark elves, dwarves and flying units.

Jinn

Arcane
Looks great. Still really want to play Spellforce 3, but have been waiting for a little deeper sale than they have offered so far. Hopefully this expansion will bring such a sale about!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope that means they'll sell Spellforce 3 for cheaper. It's been pretty expensive.

deama

Prophet
Hopefully they'll add decent skills, cause the OG ones were crap.

Lhynn

Arcane
You can thank you-know-who on that. Apparently Underworld Ascendant is more RPG than this and this game had to be confined Strategy.
You mean someone wants to be de-modded?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom