Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spider-Man (PS4)

Ash

Arcane
Game looks like a Crapman: Arkham Shitty reskin.

rating_shit.png

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
From what I heard

:nocountryforshitposters:

In the game you swing using the R2 button, a button that summarizes a couple of mechanics like running on land and walls from example. With the X button, you can impulse yourself for going faster. The thing is you don't need it. With the proper execution you can gain speed with free falling, then you can use the swing keeping all the inertia. And travel using it until it decelerates. So yes, you use the game's physics and not just animations. The only shabby thing is that you can't crash yourself against a wall or a window.:lol:

Diving to gain speed doesn't necessarily mean that the swinging uses a physics system instead of being primarily animation driven, as it could mean that the game just uses a particularly well-scripted animation system. I'm guessing the technical truth would be somewhere in the middle, but outside of some developer declaration as to exactly how they got it done, I'd also guess that it doesn't really matter to the bottom line as long as the swinging feels good and is fun to do.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I spent the whole fucking weekend playing this goddamn game and I could barely stop. It's weird, because design wise it's Ubisoft school of boring open world shit: towers, collectibles, random combat. But the traversal system is so much fun that I don't care. I'm just loving swinging around so much that I don't mind mindless collectibles. In fact I've already done all of the backpacks, stakeouts and landmarks. And a huge chunk of gang shit. Usually this kind of shit annoys the bejesus out of me, but this time I'm just happily swinging from one map marker to another. Oh and it's great seeing the proper love of spidey on the streets. It's been a great antidote to Battlefield V fiasco. GG, Insomniac.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Very strong time for console gamers, with Spiderman, dragon quest, tomb raider (also getting excellent reviews), red dead redemption 2.

Even with dragon quest and Tom raider being on pc, the PS4 is still the superior platform to play them on.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is the Tomb Raider game best on PS4? Has that been stated somewhere?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Did they ever bring back Lara Croft's gigantic tits or is she still a 12 year old boy?

deuxhero

Arcane
That gives me an idea: Someone should make a Punisher game with fun less lethal options and Alpha Protocol's hospital bills statistic where killing a non-dirty cop (or other innocent) is instant game-over.

Last edited:

Squid

Arbiter
I feel like a Punisher game could be really cool. Apparently starting with this game, they plan on doing a shared universe like they do with films. Since it's done well financially and critically, that will probably continue onward.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Tom Ley should move to some third world hellhole where the icky cops don't protect his ass allowing him to devote his pathetic life to reviewing video games

P.S. He spent a "chunk" of his weekend playing it. Is only a few hours in. Which one is it Tom? Try to keep your story straight, at least in the first couple paragraphs of the summer book report that passes for an article you published for actual real adults to read on the Internet you fucking manchild.

Ash

Arcane
I feel like a Punisher game could be really cool. Apparently starting with this game, they plan on doing a shared universe like they do with films. Since it's done well financially and critically, that will probably continue onward.

There was a Punisher game. It was from 2005 and it was pretty cool. Better than any AAA super/antihero game you'll find of the past decade and a half.

Squid

Arbiter
There was a Punisher game. It was from 2005 and it was pretty cool. Better than any AAA super/antihero game you'll find of the past decade and a half.
Weird... I looked it up and just never heard of it somehow. I might check it out at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom