Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*SPOILERS* Avernum 1 - battling with the bottle

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm horribly stuck in this wonderful game. I'm in Grah-Hoth's Prison and I already killed all the black shades, golems and guardians (yeah, I know you can turn it all off but I found the hidden room after most of the fights). The problem is that I can't get to the locked room in the northern section of the building. The chance for lockpicking is 0% which, I think, means that I need to find a unique key, but I have no idea where to find it.
I have the Blessed Athame.
I already went to Akronath and have the Royal Seal.
A few months of game time ago I went to the volcano near Akronath and some lavaish entity appeared and, iirc, said "Come back when you're ready to fight Grah-Hoth" (or sth). Now everytime I go there, it doesn't want to talk to me.
By walking into walls I noticed that there was a magical barrier near the locked door, but I dispelled it and it didn't help.
I have the Demonslayer, Onyx Sceptre, Silver Circlet, Metal Triangle, 3 words of the password and a dozen keys.
So, does anyone remember how to get the key to that door?

PS. I used the character editor and made my caster know the Unlock Doors spell at 3. To my astonishment I managed to open the door with the spell! It would I think be stupid if the game required such knowledge of this spell, so my question still stands.
I want to finish the game "legitimately", so anyone please either answer the question above or just tell me how to learn the Unlock Doors spell at level 3.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ugh, it turned out that the last thing I wanted to check before writing that long post above was the way to go. I managed to learn the spell by talking to a certain statue.

But then again, do I really necessarily need this spell? Or is there a key hidden somewhere?

Seven

Erudite
Elwro said:
Ugh, it turned out that the last thing I wanted to check before writing that long post above was the way to go. I managed to learn the spell by talking to a certain statue.

But then again, do I really necessarily need this spell? Or is there a key hidden somewhere?

It's been a long time but I don't recall a key (but there probably is one as a group without a wizard would have a hard go of it).

Good Luck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom