Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Square Enix is asking for feedback regarding their late games

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Not sure where to put this, tell Square Enix how much their games blow or rule: https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/574013714069778433
Shape the future of #SquareEnix! Take a survey for a chance to win $100 to the fancy new Square Enix Online Store! http://svy.mk/1Cy65Jr
Here's a cute little option:

7zOhVH2.png

Not like it'll make much difference, but I recommend everyone who actually does this shit selects the demo option for great justice.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I chose the footage thing. Demos are not always accurate, they don't get updated and put a lot of pressure on development that could have been used in the final cut.

Also game genres in 2015 are not divided by mechanics but platforms and monetiztion models

QPZ0uA2.png

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I could think of a billion other things that developers do that are worse in regard to pressure on development and production of a final version.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Demos ... put a lot of pressure on development that could have been used in the final cut.
whatthefukamireading.jpg
is that 1990-2001 again?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Demos ... put a lot of pressure on development that could have been used in the final cut.
whatthefukamireading.jpg
is that 1990-2001 again?
Getting a vertical slice stable before release date is a milestone on itself, which takes away from working on the main branch and the release milestone. Works for any software piece. And you've heard about the pre-con crunch from many sources this very year.

J1M

Arcane
If you mark Deus Ex as your favorite series they also ask you some more specific questions about it.

It is a good opportunity for you guys to fill in that what you liked about it is massive levels, and what you did not like are small levels caused by consoles and XP for actions instead of objectives.

One game you would most want Square Enix to make?
"A proper Legacy of Kain sequel written by Amy Hennig" :smug:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Getting a vertical slice stable before release date is a milestone on itself, which takes away from working on the main branch and the release milestone. Works for any software piece. And you've heard about the pre-con crunch from many sources this very year.

The reason of my chuckle was that - the games are so bug ridden that sacrificing some things allow devs to improve game. Or by "improve" you mean "closer to playable state" or more chance to launch without serious issues (crash, freeze and all that this exclusive for PC and avaliable now for consoles).
You know, I never worked in the industry, I'm just customer tired of that (broken) crap.

Edit
Saturday Night of Borked Quotes.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Under further comments I also asked for their :desu: (Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default etc.) games to be ported to PC if they want me to play that shit. Also to make Tomb Raider games like they used to, because they sold for a reason and not listen to Polygay and Cocktaku.

If you mark Deus Ex as your favorite series they also ask you some more specific questions about it.

It is a good opportunity for you guys to fill in that what you liked about it is massive levels, and what you did not like are small levels caused by consoles and XP for actions instead of objectives.

One game you would most want Square Enix to make?
"A proper Legacy of Kain sequel written by Amy Hennig" :smug:

I asked them for another Sleeping Dogs game or Legacy of Kain title. Thinking about it I'd also like something like Startopia again.

And yeah, second page is entirely dependent on what you pick as the last answer. Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider, Chrono Trigger and Thi3f seems to entirely skip it.

If you pick Finaru Fantasy you get this:
eIzhQiv.png

If you pick Kingdom Hearts you get this:
e4iPKhe.png

If you pick Sleeping Dogs you get this:
W3HFPcD.png

If you pick Hitman you get this:
5qcMrVa.png

If you pick Deus Ex you get this:
b2IOFYx.png

Ninjerk

Arcane
Action role-playing games (e.g. Fallout, :negative:

EDIT: When they asked what game I'd like to see them make in the future I said "I have no good expectations about Square Enix products made in the future" and explained in the next text box.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom