Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Square Enix is asking for feedback regarding their late games

J1M

Arcane
And yeah, second page is entirely dependent on what you pick as the last answer. Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider, Chrono Trigger and Thi3f seems to entirely skip it.
That's because they don't have those games in development right now.

darthaegis

Cipher
genvruhm.jpg

:rpgcodex:

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I decided not to risk killing my credibility by sourcing RPG Codex anywhere, since I don't know what Square Enix thinks of all of you. I gave them legitimate criticism regarding Shitman Abortion. I might do it again regarding the Tomb Raider games, although from an even more limited perspective.

pippin

PCoqstJ.png

Worst case, it would alert more people to the first game.

Let's not talk about what happened when a certain game with a 3 on its title was released.
Will do this. Seems interesting.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Be amusing if we get Square Enix PR people trying to chat to Codexers, if they have any complaints be sure to direct them to site feedback.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I see, so it only asks follow up questions if you're 'actively playing' a specific title.
Which can be the only reason it didn't ask me more in depth about Sleeping Dogs, Dragon Quest, and Deus Ex.
I did give them a lot of good feedback on final fantasy, though I doubt they'll read it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Action role-playing games (e.g. Fallout, :negative:

EDIT: When they asked what game I'd like to see them make in the future I said "I have no good expectations about Square Enix products made in the future" and explained in the next text box.
I wrote in "a real Thief game".

Then I told them Thi4f and PE3 were terrible.

I picked Thief as my favorite series, but now I wish I picked DX.

J1M

Arcane
Action role-playing games (e.g. Fallout, :negative:

EDIT: When they asked what game I'd like to see them make in the future I said "I have no good expectations about Square Enix products made in the future" and explained in the next text box.
I wrote in "a real Thief game".

Then I told them Thi4f and PE3 were terrible.

I picked Thief as my favorite series, but now I wish I picked DX.
Click the link again. Wish granted. :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
FPS games and such apparently don't exist for S-E either, even if they have the Deus Ex title to themselves.

Anyway, filled it and went on to write a mini-essay on what they should do with their titles in order to avoid the shit reception that Shitman and Thi4f got (contrasted with Deus Ex). Nobody's ever gonna read it, but whatever, at least I fucking tried.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Here's what I want Squeenix to do in the future: fucking commit Sudoku. Fallout is an "action role-playing game"‽
:x

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I chose Deus Ex as my favorite series, and if I had to describe it in one word it'd be "Warren Spector's magnum opus, plus a prequel that's kind of okay".

Lord Romulus

Arcane
I may be autistic enough to do this survey multiple times just to complain about all the different franchises SE has butchered over the years, though the increased chances of winning doesn't hurt either.

pippin

Well, the survey was somewhat redundant. I asked for a PC port of Bravely Default et al, and also

a sequel to DE: The Fall, as it was originally promised

pippin

I just want them to make Deus Ex 4: Not a Shitty iOS Game Edition.

They will make DE4; The Fall was more of a side project thing. I know it's bad and somewhat broken (patches seem to have fixed the most urgent problems the PC port had), but it ended just when it started getting more interesting. The last section even featured a "stealth" option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom