Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I really hope that was the only stash Azira had. Can't handle any more. That last bottle was especially foul.

You're in the Awayteam again, Azira. That'll teach you. Full security staff is joining us too, so it's basically the same team as last time. Now take us down to dat earthlike-atmosphere-planet in second orbit. Preferably avoiding crash-landing.

vnosghvcew.jpg

We've almost landed on a pile transuranium metal! You're just getting better and better at this, Azira!

Ok, let's DEFY the 1,6 gravity and go on a stroll. Anybody else has a fogged helmet?

tmtdblzqhp.jpg

No, wait. We don't wear helmets, coz the atmosphere is breathable here. It's the steam. Can't see shit. You there, what's-your-name. Zephyr? Take my hand.

... Ok, stop it. That's just homo. LOOK OUT!

ybhnfdzija.jpg

Look at what you've done with a perfectly good spacesuit, Zephyr Arsland. What? You suffered a burn? Spigot the Bear will patch you up when we get back. But I would recommend to let the wound heal on itself, because you know. Spigot.

Avoid the clouds and carry on. This planet is full of acid geyzers.

vdwqizufpv.jpg

And the ground is rumbling more frequently than before.

kgzycmyrnw.jpg

But we've almost mapped the whole planet, one last chunk is left. The ship is near, but we won't get a bonus if we leave now.

What say you, SPACE MARINES? Anybody else feels DAT GREED taking over common sense? Shall we exlore this last chunks, despite the little shakiness of the ground?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I can see my space-grave (a can of beans with a hastily-scribbled post-it note) "Here lies Zephyr Arsland. What we could find of him, anyways. He was skillful and resolute, but one day the very air dissolved him. We should've returned to the ship. We didn't even get the vibro sword back"

I vote we go back and cut our losses.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Carry on, this atmosphere is invigorating! :salute:

Too late.

:negative:

I vote we go back and cut our losses.

Grumbling and swearing, Cpt. Grimwulf orders aborting the mission. Take a last breath of the sweet local air, men. Nothing beats the smell of deep-fired ammonium in the moring.

Anyway, back in the orbit.

khzacjajdq.jpg

Who just said "FUEL LOW"? WHO WAS THAT? Eh, The ship's system? Ok. We ignore it completely!

Planet in orbit #2 or #3 seems to be the most tempting. One of those.

We need more gayzers. Land us on planet 3!

pmwlnbevte.jpg

Barely landed and not very happy in general - that's SS Codex for you. Let's get to work! Yes, Azira is coming along again.

Look! A gazor!

fshugkbnjr.jpg

Ever heard the story about famous space pirate Captain Starbutt? They say he burried his ill-gotten treasures deep inside a gayser on a secluded planet.

gfktirdgbn.jpg

I say we check it out.

puezxdojon.jpg

No luck. But one of these days, the treasures of Spacebutt will be mine.

Ok, keep on mappin'. What a nice, tranquil planet. A good place to drop a mining bot.

ybuxccgecq.jpg

The real challenge here is not to forget where I dropped it.

Aand we're done here. Back to SPACE. Time to give this system a name.

gijvvumcjt.jpg

What? The pilot managed to win the Captain's bet here (pure luck); he's been choosing the planets to explore (every time it was a low-risk profit, just how I like it); and also accompanied the Awayteam in most of expeditions. So let's name it Azira System, and never come back here again.

Our fuel situation and lack of any weapons forces me to consider flying to Spacestation 1. I remember there were some cheap ship lazers, as well as firearms. Could use a couple of fresh recruits too, and I also promised to raise yer wages a little.

BUUUTT, still got enough fuel for a short stop on our way there. What route shall we take, men?

cyjqjgpkpi.jpg

White route leads us through the Safe System - there is a peculiar planet there that's still unexplored (the one we found in the asteroid belt).

OR we can fly through the twin stars, and scan the local planets. I don't think we should land on any of them due to fuel shortage, but scanning alone should gather enough geodata to sell.

Or maybe we can take some crazy third route. What say you?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Twin systems. Better learn if there is something valuable in there so that we may loot it later when I am on the ship again. :M

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I say we scan crazy hidden dwarf planet and see if there's anything of value there.

EDIT: Wait, my opinion's not needed, is it? As a security detail, I only get to vote sparingly and when on Awayteam. Sounds about right. Carry on then...

Ashery

Prophet
EDIT: Wait, my opinion's not needed, is it? As a security detail, I only get to vote sparingly and when on Awayteam. Sounds about right. Carry on then...

That's why there's that little thing known as mutiny.

So, what are our new wages going to be? :smug:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The Captain came up with a new challenge for Azira. It's called "try to figure out next destination by Captain's gestures only".

He passed the challenge again.

:negative:

tbwdgragnd.jpg

Or maybe he just took us all where he wanted. Either way, we're here in the Safe System.

The Awayteam is full security and Lizzurd. Time to see what's dis DWARF (get it? sqeecoo) planet has to offer.

vczgqcpefj.jpg

Well, shit. The visibility is 2 (usually we have 5), which means it's gonna take a while to map. And additional risks of being ambushed and whatnot. But no point in complaining.

Time passes. We're travelling around, gathering dat geodata little by little. We can see jack shit around here, probably because the star is very far away and blocked by the asteroids. But hey, at least Lizzurd said there is no lifeforms, so nobody will ambush us all of a sudde

dtyuprrwaj.jpg

Oh, fuck you Lizzurd.

What in the name of ff

cfizbonjgp.jpg

OK, MEN. We have a FLYING ARMLESS HUMANOID PREDATOR WITH SPIKED TAIL AND A FUCKING TRUNK! Also, MIDGET! Do we let sqeecoo try and find common language with this thing? Do we attack right away? Panic-retreat? Bribe? Take off the helmets?

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
We should take off the helmets and try to negotiate. It is obvious that it is intelligent and is my distant relative!

beat the shit out of it. we've yet to kill anything, have lost several men and suffered a number of tactical retreats; morale is low. let the men work some of their anger out on this dumb conehead before they start getting into brawls on the ship.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
That's why there's that little thing known as mutiny.
Oh, no, I could never do that. Not without some assurance that I wouldn't be the one taking the fall when we inevitably fail. And things are not so bad,.. trust me, captain Grimwulf is far from the worst CO I've ever had.

As for the "Flying Raptor Elephant", I'd say we replace its internal organs with mushy vibro-mess. Lizzurd ,sir, with all due respect, you're wrong. I don't see any sign of intelligence on those "eye spots". I see claws and a spiked tail. How can this thing be related to your pacifistic, scaly people?

tl;dr : attempt to maim/kill/burn ugly thing.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
AWRIGHT, YOU WORTHLESS COWARDS! Why do we even consider trying to negotiate with this:

yhnqoqmskc.jpg

Leave it alive, and it will come for your wives! Do you want to see your girlfriend raped, Tindrly? Or you, Dayyalu? THEIR VIRGINITY DEPENDS ON THIS VERY MOMENT!

NOW SHOW THIS PROSPER SOME CODEX HOSPITALITY!

tgbmsnwuho.jpg

YEAH! WOOHOO

dxzfhgmolo.jpg

It's wounded! WE ACTUALLY MANAGED TO CAUSE DAMAGE, MEN!

bzffbkaael.jpg

Oh, shit. GRIMGRAVY AND IYUL CHETVERTI ARE WOUNDED! Damn. Not Grimgravy.

Do something, Iyul! Command your damn men!

wvotwcqrcc.jpg

:dead:

Oh, noes

jeaafduxhp.jpg

IYUL IS DEAD! Grimgravy and tindrli are wounded! But the thing is SORT OF HURT too!

ysoiqozade.jpg

Its dead body will fetch a good price! Do we FIGHT TO THE DEATH, or RETREAT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
STEP ASIDE, men! I'll show you how it's done. HU

gcweenkrdn.jpg

See? NOW EVERYBODY DO THE SAME!

upcbehjurk.jpg

Shit.

Ashery, Grimgravy, Tindrli, Dayyalu are wounded! Iyul is still dead!

YOU SAID IT YOURSELF - TO THE DEATH!

yjneyotjhv.jpg

FUCK, SHIT, SHIT

wqzzafkfgy.jpg

Dayyalu is dead! What am I going to tell his girlfriend now?!

LIZZURD IS WOUNDED! AT LAST!

Why is sqeecoo perfectly fine? HEY! ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING, YOU DAMN MIDGET?!

mthjdjlzdr.jpg

LIZZURD IS DEAD! LIZZURD IS DEEEEAAADD!! Shall we go back to the ship to celebrate?

sqeecoo, tindrli, Grimgravy and Ashery are wounded. The thing is still at 9/12 condition. Pretty sure it's our last chance to run, but who knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom