Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

tindrli

Arcane
But Bros, did I killed anything at all?

Sorry for the late update but back there in CDC office they gave me a top secret mission and they told me that if exploring we encounter any military patrol we just use word ”donkey balls” and we can move on

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Matalarata gets batshit crazy every time somebody tries to take his rifle away

e2d749d18106455f07fa8296a7212914d6aeb6ce36713c407c09d695577cb93d.jpg

Edit: illiterate fucks, unable to write a meme without torturing grammar...

1.jpg

Tastes like chicken, I swear...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
hchedwoejm.jpg

Everything is so weird. Hostergard tells Spigot to be on guard. Wait, Spigot is not even in the awayteam. Who are you talking to?

akgcdrytzy.jpg

Well, shit. You won't be the first crazy person on SS Codex, but I never get used to it.

kslflyidfe.jpg

Oh? Oh. Oooohhh. How great it is that Lizzurd is dead, and Matalarata took his place.

Azira recovers.

ldcfqvgcon.jpg

Recovers from what, you ask? Exactly.

Danger zone!

dytlznvxsi.jpg

Let's shoot now, and regret later.

osayjfdkfq.jpg

Nice! Ignore the ground rumbling and carry on.

xeiedrvphx.jpg

... Ok, now it's getting hard to ignore. What say you, men? This planet is more than it seems, I can feel it. But 1000+ C temperature doesn't help. Staying here any longer is risky. If we're lucky, we might lose some men. If we're not, the ship will drown in lava.

Lhynn

Arcane
Space is a big place captain, there will always be other planets to explore.
Is the ship cursed by the way? its not the first time i notice an entire breakdown of the ecosystem as soon as we land.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
- Pah! What's a few lava baths between men?
- Stay here for the flowers, captain. They will fetch a good price back on the station. Not to mention the local fauna is made of luxury items!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Is the ship cursed by the way? its not the first time i notice an entire breakdown of the ecosystem as soon as we land.

SS Codex corrupts everything it touches, for such is its nature.

A lot of things is wrong with this game, so it's sort of a flawed gem among roguelikes. Magellan fixes and balances it every now and then, but some of the issues are left untouched for whatever reason. They've been around since early versions.
- The fucked up equipment system;
- Every planet is so small, it's ridiculous.
- Your ship carries an invisible Doomsday Device on board. Every planet you find existed for millenia, and was doing fine. BUT ONCE YOUR SHIP LANDED

lightbane

Arcane
Your ship carries an invisible Doomsday Device on board. Every planet you find existed for millenia, and was doing fine. BUT ONCE YOUR SHIP LANDED

That explains many things. I was already wondering why every damn planet of this sector is so volatile.

Morkar Left

Nice going. Don't be pussies and explore the whole planet!

Regarding the ammunition: energy weapons don't use ammo. That's why you don't have to pay for resupplying on a station. I guess changing the warheads affects only other guns or probably only rocket launchers. Oh, and instead of guns for your ship better invest in a better engine.

And buy cages. Probably not only for wildlife but for mutineeing crewmembers as well.

The game has some weird glitches with numbers e.g. manually changing the height in char gen always gives me 1.xxx cm. Or changing weight to e.g. 80 stores it at 78. I guess the planets temperatures are equally fucked.

If (hopefully when) Magellan gets back to fixing the game he should start with the equipment bug and the weird numbers before adding further game expansions.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hey, we could just stay here, like, and not worry about booze anymore. Lookit dem pretty colours!

The officer has spoken! I should stop listening to drunkards and addicts, but my split personalities are no better.

We were exploring the planet, trying to avoid lava and gather some flowers (we are fucking sick, I tell ye), but then

nbytglptud.jpg

kwdaakiowp.jpg

trezkwprht.png

WE CARRY ON AND ENJOY DEM PRETTY COLOURS

KILL EVERYTHING THAT SLEEPS

zhezitllki.jpg

NO WAY THROUGH

AZIRA HALP

qcfujsoqfx.jpg

HE WILL COME SOON

GATHER MORE FLOWERS WHILE WAIT

WHERE THE FUCK IS HE, WAITING TOO LONG

rjxfukkypi.jpg

HURR DURR

ylnarvkmva.jpg

NOT FEELING GREAT MEN

hmyoazcpot.jpg

AZIRA ALMOST LANDED ATOP OF MY HEAD

MY FUCKING HEAD MEN

uapdrbkvpy.png

TAKE US HIGH AZIRA FUCK FUCK

otzdvqamfl.jpg

Phew. That was FUN! Captain Grimwulf is so stoned right now.

zqfbniatkl.jpg

That's enough space adventures for today. But as for tomorrow, WHO VOTES FOR LANDING ON THIS PLANET AGAIN?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
TAKE US HIGH AZIRA FUCK FUCK
- You are already high.
- Wait, if the doctor has failed to cure anyone, but we went from 2 sick crew down to 1, does it mean we left someone back on the planet? We must go back and check!

Lizzurd

Cipher
Switzerland, if you meant it, probably is one of the worst places for this.

Or I may try to follow the thread a bit more :M

Last edited:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
*cough cough* It's full of stars and flowers and puppies... pollen is love, pollen is life...

... Wait, I don't get any xp? So I'm gonna stay this cool forever? But, but... Oh well. At least I have my own gun now. And boy do I like it! Thanks Captain Grimwulf (he said while talking to a vacuum cleaner), you're the best.

pollen

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Azira recovers. Recovers from what, you ask? Exactly.
He is sober for the first time of this journey I guess. Maybe that's a... good thing?

Even tho I am late for the party (and better equipment may lead to fewer death-- ahahaha no), I hereby apply for a spot on the fabled SS Codex, bringer of incline! What do you say? Wages are at 9 drinks on the station and free chems from the ship's stash? Sounds good enough for me! God I hope I don't end up as a scaly midget, or 9 drinks may not be enough to ever get laid on shore leave...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Men with a deathwish STRONG DESIRE FOR GLORY

Can i sign up and embark at the next stop ? I'll fill whatever role is needed.:salute:
On the other hand, recruit my Red Alert personality freely when needed. Call him "Servant", and he's good to go.

maxresdefault.jpg

He likes machineguns, tanks, flamethrowers and NUCLEAR POWER.

Doesn't like flying, Helicopters, rough landings, water and Swedes.
Even tho I am late for the party (and better equipment may lead to fewer death-- ahahaha no), I hereby apply for a spot on the fabled SS Codex, bringer of incline! What do you say? Wages are at 9 drinks on the station and free chems from the ship's stash? Sounds good enough for me! God I hope I don't end up as a scaly midget, or 9 drinks may not be enough to ever get laid on shore leave...

Teh SPACE ADVENTURES will resume later on, since the crew is busy sending congratulations to their wymin. Speaking of which. Put me on the loudspeaker, Matalarata. I need to adress the crew.

HRAARHEM! This is Captain speaking. Are there any women on board? I repeat, ANY WOMEN ON BOARD? TRANNIES? Please come at the bridge and say so! Due to international womyn day, you are granted a day-off. Spigot the Bear will perform a "happy 8th of march" dance and sing some shit for you.

Meanwhile, all men gear up and get ready for another landing at orbit 1 planet. As a true gentlemen of SS Codex, we shall gather some pretty flowers for non-men. That is all. Captain out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom