Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hardly. Might mess up my landings in the future. +M

Well, your landings can hardly be worse except for a total crash---- somebody give that man/lizard/midget/CIS a bottle of potatojuice STAT!

tindrli

Arcane
Bros, did anyone noticed that 24h has passed and we didnt even blinked.... maybe we stucked in some kind of temporal distortion

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
AWRIGHT, Captain's Call! To make this day memorable and prove our gentlemensness, EVERYONE WHO HAS A GIRLFRIEND STAYS ON BOARD! All others - go out there and gather flowers.

Let's see.

vztuquwgus.jpg

Cpt. Grimwulf has SEVERAL womyn, obviously. Nadja the station commader, Claudia the freelancer, Dayyalu's ex-girlfriend, Lizzurd's corpse. Obviously, I stay on board and send dem emails and shit.
Spigot the Bear stays, coz he met somthing on online dating. Or so he says.
Tindrli has a girlfriend/boyfriend on Spacestation 1. The poor guy.
Nevill Kolne #1 has a soulmate, Nevill Columbus #2 does not. Makes you think, righ? No? Oh, shuddup.
Lhynn is not alone. Unlike you, lightbane

NO GO AND MAKE PAPA GRIMWULF PROUD!
psst, Matalarata. If anything goes wrong, we can leave them below and fly away, hue hue. What? You are in the Awayteam? Oh. Hhappy expedition then!

Azira?

dxikwvoohi.jpg

Oh, ffuck shit, will there EVER be a safe landing? Git out of my ship! Always wanted to say that.

Gathering fowers, shooting space mammals, doing your best not to drown in lava. That's life, men.

At some point, Azira and Cassidy withdraw to the ship. I have no idea why. No explanation followed - they just came back here (high as fuck) and that's it. OK THEN

geyyfypkkk.jpg

The rest of the awayteam is doing just fine. Dodging lava ain't easy, tho

omdrsbtmky.jpg

As sqeecoo and lightbane quickly find out.

Did I mention that Cassidy and Azira didn't JUST ABANDON the expedition, but also took the gyro jet rifles with them? The rest of the crew avoids the local wildlife from now on. Thankfully, dem mammals are just as high as we are.

uirdyumwxv.jpg

Azira, you hullucinating ship wrecker, let's relocate and pick up the awayteam, wherever they are. Seems like they didn't find anything after a... O-ho!

czpsctdopp.jpg

Codexmen. We found it. The Big Whoop.

rxoegaegfx.jpg

Abandoned ship. In order to reach it, we have to go into SPACE once again, and land our old barge right next to it. Yes, we're going to land on this planet for the third time.

The risks? We might ACCIDENTALY crash-land on the mountains, or dive straight into the lava.

Why do I even ask your opinion? Because I need to blame somebody in case we all die. So what will it be?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh, ffuck shit, will there EVER be a safe landing? Git out of my ship! Always wanted to say that.
My future executioner captain, may I humbly suggest the creation of the "Azira Success Support" fund (the A.S.S. fund)? Technically it would be just a healthy supply of potatojuice on board (locked away until needed), to make sure he is properly fueled before flying, landing or talking. The costs of that would be minor compared to possible damage to our beloved space-'dex. (It would also be within your authority to substract that amount from Azira's wages, and he would have drunk it all away anyway)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Technically it would be just a healthy supply of potatojuice

Any suggestion involving potatojuice automatically receives my approval. I am ready to invest a grand sum of 9 Credits to make it happen.

OSLO, I was about to order landing near dat ship, when Matalarata noticed that it's located atop of the mountain. We need some GEAR to get to it. Not sure which, but probably jetpacks.

In any case, we're done here for now. The holiday is over, you may take off your dresses and bikini. Let's decide on our next destination, men.

jruvqwloyf.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Lhynn is not alone. Unlike you, lightbane
Bah, what do you know? I have SCIENCE! as my eternal companion. I need nothing else, really. Love is an outdated and non-existent concept and... And... :negative:
Forget it. Changing the topic, I vote for the Earthlike planet as well.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
How Earth-like? As in "evolved in a parallel dimension where Leonidas was crushed by a cart as a infant" or just... *cough* it's the pollen. Sorry. Let's go there.

hostergaard

Educated
You can use jetpacks, I recommend them in fact, with them you can traverse any mountain.

But I also recommend a mining drill or laser drill. They are awesome, like oxygen you have a limited amount of jet pack fuel, but the drills you can fire as much as you want and even level the whole plant if please. And you can even use them as weapons and attack the ground the enemy stands on!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Fasten yer seatbelts - we are flying towards earthlike planet! Just kidding - this ship has no seatbelts.

Off we go!

kflqtizefq.jpg

CONDUCTOR, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! There is no conductor on this ship either. And I'm just hallucinating.

ilrjectlqq.jpg

Surely Spigot the Bear will help me eventually.

Azira, why does our ship only have 3 hull points?

swnfsmqcck.jpg

We had 5 when we left Spacestation 1. What? Just my hallucinations? Hahaha, ok.

A new star spotted!

lzjjvevkkm.jpg

Aand Spigot does the job, fucking finally. The ghost of Kalin haunts me no longer. His demands of payment were quite ridiculous.

Wait, the fuck happened to my fuel reserves?

abcxwpsarj.jpg

Azira! :argh:

Almost there anyway.

ihsuatsaej.jpg

... Or not. The ship's systems are malfunctioning, and gas clouds prevent safe passage to our destination. We've spotted a star in those gas clouds, but we won't take any risks, considering our current condition. Captain's Call!

FIND A WAY THRU, AZIRA!

mnbeshovlb.jpg

Goddamit!

Ok, men. Time to make dat KEY CHOICE once again. Not much fuel left, so it's probably a smart idea to turn back now.

However, we didn't make a whole lot of profits this time. The expedition was a failure. So MAYBE we should give that gas cloud system a shot on our way back. At least let Matalarata work those scanners. The risk here is we'll probably die the moment we fly into this thing.

Or maybe there is a third option I don't see. So what's it gonna be?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I suppose we could risk a little scan, what could possibly happen...?

The officer has spoken. Azira, you know what to do.

ssvmgxldza.jpg

So the situation is this: we have one last hull point left. Which means that any landing might be our last. So we won't land.

Scanning those three planets might be safe, or might not. If the pilot fails at keeping the ship stable, he will need to correct the orbit. And that might just be enough to finish us off.

My split personalities can't come up with a singular decision, so I ask my officers again. Scan one planet? Two? Three? Or just fly back to Spacestation 1, praying that we have enough fuel to get there?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Since Azira obviously drank our spacefuel after draining all the potatojuice reserves, I suggest returning to the station and make sure both ship and Azira a fueled to the max. With just 3 hullpoints left even a botched (because sober) scan would probably end the proud legacy of the spacedex before it really begins.
Do you really want to end this with the sentence: "Then we all died because Azira tried to play a game of chicken with the planet's moon."?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
With just 3 hullpoints left

It's 1 hull point.

:negative:

You can see it on the previous screenshot, it's right ther... Hm, I might as well explain the UI.

kgwkkpmmnv.jpg

HP = hull points
SP = shield points (if you have a shield system installed, otherwise it's zerp)
Pi = pilot's xp level (in case you don't have a pilot, it will be 0)
Gu = gunner's xp level
Sc = scientist's xp level
Dr = doctor's xp level
Security = number of security guards, including specialits (squard leader, sniper, paramedic)
Sensors = sensor powah (duh), the bigger - the better
Engine = engine power, the number in brackets tells how many movement points you have during space battles.

Better late than never.

zzmbhvyqgk.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Are there risks in just scanning from orbit? I know little about the game mechanics... Since we're here I'd say scan at least one planet, more if you feel confident enough and then head to the nearest station for repairs hoping we've got enough duct tape fuel.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You can see it on the previous screenshot, it's right ther... Hm, I might as well explain the UI.

kgwkkpmmnv.jpg
So finding all those non-lifeforms and not-curing sickness made our sci/doc better, yet after all that ship action our pilot is still only slightly better than nobody sitting at the steering wheel? Sounds about right. :salute:
But seriously, get our asses back to a station. With only 1 hullpoint I am afraid even running into a bulkhead would blow up the ship.

Also, what happens if you run out of fuel in space? Game over, or just be forced to pay for rescue?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Since we're here I'd say scan at least one planet, more if you feel confident enough and then head to the nearest station for repairs hoping we've got enough duct tape fuel.

The officer says that scanning 1 planet should be ok.

Also, what happens if you run out of fuel in space?

We'll find out soon!

Ok, let's check out the furthest planet from the star.

cjnwelwcvu.jpg

Butiful. I want to come back here sometime. Now, just keep dat ship steady, Azira...

tmmzlmvqpn.jpg

Ma man! It's a miracle we are alive right now. OKAY, Spacestation 1! Full speed!

dmkqcekvst.jpg

Merchant fleet! Maybe they can sell us some fuel. Azira, make radiocontact with... huh

utjihjltwy.jpg

Two merchant convoys nearby. And something else that indentifies as "pirat...g. Yes, pirag fleet. Don't mind us"

Men, I have a bad feeling about this place. Should we even try to contact anything? Staying here might be risky. Dat pirag fleet looks sorta fishy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
"Pirag fleet" sounds like the bought their equipment from some extra cheap space-azn company. You get what you pay for. They are most likely extra pissed beause of that. Maaaaaybe better to avoid them.
Hail dem merchants and trade a cup of space fuel for pictures of your crew's station waifus hopefully not many spaceshekelz.

Unless 15 fuel is enough to reach notDS9. How's the fuel consumption handled btw, one unit per square?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It ought only be about 5 fuel to get to the station. We have enough. Let's limp over there and refuel. And then the real choice happens. Repair this ship, or buy jetpacks and try to commandeer the crashed ship we saw earlier? ...

Might need to repair at least a few hullpoints first, so we don't die upon landing.. :M

Bliblablubb

Arcane
or buy jetpacks and try to commandeer the crashed ship we saw earlier? ...
I am all for jetpacking, but what makes you think the crashed ship has more hullpoints than the spacedex now? Plus IIRC it was the same type we already have, just without the homely smell of booze, sweat and... other fluids.
And let's be honest here: if you don't even manage to land our fully repaired ship without damaging it, chances you manage to bring that wreck into space are probably less than Matalarata detecting non-non-lifeforms before landing. :salute:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh ye of little faith. I can feel the spirit(s) of this other ship is strong. We need it. (It has a still).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom