Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Grimwulf, Mar 2, 2016.

1. hostergaard Educated

hostergaard
    I say we jump in, I need a bath, a manly bath. Nothing unclogs your pores like liquid ammonia, I tell you that!

Sir! In the nordic languages tang means seaweed. Why nordic words are used when we all obviously speak english is beyond me tough.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Also, Sea-seaweed doesn't make much sense..

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. a bear named spigot Arcane

a bear named spigot
    [​IMG]

it's tang, men. tang. it's been premixed with seawater such that it is ready to drink. we should have filled up our hull with free tang.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    Let's hope this decision won't lead us to another disaster. Eastwards we go!

Guess what happens when you fly aimlessly through SPACE?

[​IMG]

That's what.

:shredder:

[​IMG]

Let's be realistic for a change. We are flying on a junk ship with only one weapon (the cheapest laser I could find) manned by the worst gunner in the Universe. Against us is unkown number of battle-hardened SPACE PIRATES. They probably have better ships and weapons.

I say we retreat, but do it in a dignified way.

+M

Like, SS Codex is above fighting random pirate scum.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. a bear named spigot Arcane

a bear named spigot
    i'm freaking out, men

pirates are going to want to do all sorts of weird shit with/to my body. who wants to enter a suicide pact with me?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Trymon Novice

Trymon
    Can we be boarded rather than just being turned into space dust ?

But maybe, we can show the superiority of ours thrusters ?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Time for some fancy piloting then. Once they see my skills, they'll be so awed they'll not dare approach us. Leave the peasants and go to the space station.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    What, I already died trying to aquire a serviceable still? Welp, time to abandon this thread, I never liked you all anyway... AS IF! You're not getting rid of me that easily,

BECAUSE

I am not dead yet. Heros with my good looks don't die. Tis just a mere fleshwound. We can rebuild me, we have the technology! Just leave me in the skillful care of our spacewizarddoc- ... just leave my body unattended for a while and I will be back in action as soon as I am needed again!
    Thanks SpaceObamaCare.
    Until then I am going to haunt this ship like one of the Captain's many ex-waifus.

As for the next decision: GTFO of there! Those aren't pirags in cheap knockoff ships, they are PIRATES. If they can afford proper spelling, they can also afford proper guns. Tell our pilot to try hitting their incoming missiles with our ship and none of them will hit us.
    Azira is like a compass pointing south, you just need to know how to use it. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. hostergaard Educated

hostergaard
    I was attacked by a pirate fleet early game too, with no working weapons. Naturally, I bravely ran away and hid in a corner. For some reason I could see the enemy exhaust, apparently it can damage you as the fighter ended up destroying each other buzzing around and crossing each others exhaust streams.

When all the streams where gone I went out to check only to see that the main battleship was still hanging out, it fired at me and missed and started following me. I decided to test out my exhaust teory and turned tail. It got damaged as it followed me and eventually destroyed as apparently it could not figure how to move and shoot at same time.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    What a bunch of amateurs. If there is one thing every aspiring spacewizard knows, it's: "don't cross the streams!"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    While the team was raging and arguing, Cpt. Grimwulf nodded in silence, listing an old book, "How To Be a Prospector".

hrrm, combat... space combat...

[​IMG]

A-ha, page 16. I got this in the bag. Muh book of endless wisdom.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

What, that's it..? "Space combat is a bit more complex"? Nothing else? OH FUCK YOU SPACE MANUALS!

Awright, FULL RETREAT! ... Aaand the game broke. I'll try to restart, but IIRC the savegame won't load if the game wasn't shutdown properly.

[​IMG]

Shows what I know. Ok, TIME PARADOX men.

Awright, FULL RETREAT!

[​IMG]

That was close. At least Azira is p.gud at escaping.

As you can see, we spotted another star while exploring, although it's in a gas cloud again. Time to get back to the station.

[​IMG]

Yeat another star spotted, once again in a gas cloud. SS Codex is really lucky.

Dock us at the Station, Azira.

[​IMG]

Azira earned himself a promotion. That daring escape was something to rememer.

The crew is happy - everyone, except lightbane of course. Maybe I should decline your wages even further? Eh, maybe later.

Let's see how much we've earned this time.

[​IMG]

Not much. After refuelling and repairing the hull up to 7/7 I have only 223 Cr left.

They say my jetpack has arrived, but... that's not a jetpack.

[​IMG]

What is wrong with you? Oh, screw it. Don't have time for this.

So here is the deal. A mmmmassive booty awaits us on dat battleship. The Captain's Intuition never fails! Thus I'm feeling generous today.

[​IMG]

8 Credits! That's how much you'll get for this job. You will be rich, men! No time to waste - start those engines! We are flying west!

*many times later*

[​IMG]

Ok, we are between two star systems. Let's scan the red one? Make some quick buck? Or better not waste any time, and get that Battleship (should be close to our current location), before somebody else does?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    Zephyr, Lhynn and Bilbo died for 56 Credits. Told you.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    What better reason than credits is there? Potatojuice only comes second, you can buy it with those creds after all.

Captain you are are looking at it wrong: you didn't pay us anything yet, our equipment was worthless but you made 56 credits in the end. And there are always fresh hands waiting to be hired for less than minimum wage.
    Unless you have to pay upfront when hiring. But in that case you probably took those unspent credits off our dead bodies anyway. To uuuh pay for funeral costs. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Hey, let's check out the battleship location.

I mean, anything that takes out a battleship is probably no match for Captain Grimwulf, right? The battleship is probably right there, ripe for the taking.

Then we can double back and scan the star systems. +M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    Maybe its pilot was drunk and crash-landed on a secluded planet. Let's be optimistic!

[​IMG]

WE ARE FUCKING CURSED, I TELL YOU!

:negative:

The battleship should be right over there:

[​IMG]

So close, yet so far. We sould be so screwed right now, but thankfully I REPAIRED THE SHIP!

:yeah:

That's why I'm the Captain, men. Azira, get us through these gas clouds in one piece. Captain's Call!

[​IMG]

SHIT FUCK FUCK, now that's a lot of clouds.

Mex of SS Codex. These might be our last moments. If we survive, if Azira won't fail us... sigh. This is our chance to become respectable prospectors.

However, we might very well die. I need to know you're with me on this. Do we FLY THRU? Or do we back off and look for a way around?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Don't sweat it, I got this. Just let me flip this switch over here and...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    In case this ends bad, 't was an honor to be your Captain. :salute: If we die, it's entirely your fault.

Here goes nothing. Take a little spin to NW square, Azira. Maybe we'll see the end of the gas cloud this way.

[​IMG]

:rage:

IS IT TOO LATE TO GO BACK?! Probably yes.

I REGRET EVERYTHIIING

[​IMG]

HOW THE HELL ARE WE ALIVE? No matter, there is no end to the gas!

And where is the battleship? IT WAS A SETUP! A fucking setup, men!

NEVER FORGET SS CODEX! NEVER FORGET FEARLESS CAPTAIN GRIMWULF!

[​IMG]

... I'm alive? WOOOOO HOOOOOOO! I AM ALIVE, MEN!

And also, we're here. 4:21, the last known coordinates of the battleship. There is nothing here, not even a star system nearby. But you know what, I don't care - Azira, GET US OUT OF THE GAS!

[​IMG]

That was WAY too close.

I won't lie to you - we are in deep shit. At the very edge of the space sector, with no idea how to get back. Out ship is falling apart, and only half fuel remains.

But before we start to panic, let's scout the immidiate surroundings.

[​IMG]

Seems like we might have a chance to get to Spacestation 2 safely. It isn't far.

[​IMG]

But we need Creds to repair and refuel. Which means we gotta find and PROSPECT a star system on our way there.

As an alternative option, we still have enough fuel to fly a bit north in search of the battleship. No entering the clouds, though. Never again.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    During SPACE BATTLES there is an option to surrender/offer surrender by using radio. No idea if there's also boarding. I'd rather avoid space battles alltogether, considering the glorious quality of my ship.

^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    See? I said I got it. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Battleship could also be south of here. So could star systems. Let's see what we can find between here and the space station.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    A mini-update on Spigot's personal life. When it became clear that we are flying to Spacestation 2, his online marriage ended with an online divorce.

[​IMG]

I have no words.

Nothing.

[​IMG]

But then we literally bump into a ROGUE GAS GIANT!

[​IMG]

How come nobody spotted it? Our sensors are shit. Won't be surprised if we missed the battleship as well, which was totally there. Somewhere.

Right. We need fuel, but our hull is in critical condition. Refueling in the gas giant's atmosphere is risky, but that extra bit of fuel might be the difference between a night in a whorehouse and banrkuptcy, if you know what I mean.

Shall we put our trust in Azira's skill? Our lives are at stake.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Jesus, this ship simply won't die... I mean, I totally trust in Azira to save us without major incidents.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    I want this to be engraved in our black box: "In Azira we trust". When SS Codex becomes debris, and somebody will find what's left, I want them to know the reason of our downfall!

*Inhales* DO IT!

[​IMG]

Oh, fu... *these were the last glorious words of ever-enduring Cpt. Grimwulf*

[​IMG]

That's it, Codex. We finally destroyed the ship! Here's some stats to ease the pain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a short, but fun experience, just as I thought. SS Codex might be done for, but its spirit of decline will live forever. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  24. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Famous last words. Perfect epitaph for our non-existing gravestones. :salute:

Now start a new run, but for potatogods sake put someone else at the helm!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Grimwulf Arcane Patron Vatnik

Grimwulf
    If anybody wants to, I'll be happy to sign up as gunner.

:M

The game itself is free, so nothing is stopping you. You should probably create a new thread, tho. For convinience.

As for me, no thanx. I found my SPACE GRAVE, and am quite happy with it.

Being a captain is hard work, men.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)