Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Beowulf

Arcane
:salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The game itself is free, so nothing is stopping you. You should probably create a new thread, tho. For convinience.

As for me, no thanx. I found my SPACE GRAVE, and am quite happy with it.

So here is the deal: we're going to play this once, in ironman fashion (no reloads, no restarts, once we die - we stay dead, and this LP is over)

Being a captain is hard work, men.
Sadly I don't have the time to play or maintain one. I will sign up if somefag else does it tho.

Captain Grimwulf, we (dead) salute your efforts to bring incline into SPACE. :salute:

Cassidy

Arcane
I'd suggest Space Rangers 2: Reboot instead next. No crews, but it's more complex, and on the hardest Dominator strength difficulty ("Hardboiled"), much more insane.

The HD version just adds pirates, more DRM and removes the option to to set the difficulty of the Dominators to near impossible like in Reboot.

There's also Starflight, a quite cool game that inspired Star Control 2.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Space Rangers 2

Russian rpg's are unholy abominations that exist only to rape your mental stability. SR series is not what you'd call a normal rpg (the devs don't consider it an rpg at all), but it's somewhere close. Can't stand it due to aesthetics (I should have played it in eng version back in the day, would be less painful), and all those mini-games. The arcade black hole nonsense, the dumbled-down mecha rts, etc. Basically, the only gud part of the series is text quests, at least most of them. Everything else, combat/trading/mechanics is mediocre at best.

I agree with difficulty, though - it's pretty much impossible to beat on max difficulty.

Did the captain stop hallucinating? Or did he just order me to steer the ship into a gas giant, even though we had enough fuel?

We needed both fuel and money for hull repairs. I had 223 Cr left; docking at the station would automatically decline 120 Cr for wages. I thought that if we had some more fuel, I could sell some junk/raise money at poker, and repair the hull to at least 3/7 point - that would at least allow us to land on planets without sacrificing virgins to the SPACE Gods.

It was calculated risk!

:negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Nice one :salute:

Meanwhile, on Space Station 2....

qckoxo.jpg
"I hope that the fucker that told me he had a spot open for a Security Officer wasn't lying. It's already been a week. Damn.Next
time I stay at home and die for the Motherland instead."

Ashery

Prophet
Ah, the anti-climatic end we all knew was coming.

At least there's more glory than death by leaves.

Or spacing out while exploring with two visibility and taking two steps next to an avian that does fifteen damage after armor.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Oh well... the ship (and its priceless live cargo) didn't survive long after my departure. It goes to show something, though I'm not sure what.

It was extremely fun! Thanks oh captain, my captain!

haha, I didn't see that when the thread was active. needs our attempt to blow up ice with mining explosives imo, our first failure and an omen of many more to come.

edit: oh man I just remembered we tried to blow the ice up with the ship gun afterwards and that didn't work either, I think that's what the text in top left image is from actually

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom