Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Parabalus

Arcane
edit: actually no now i remember, it was so much fucking trouble i just binned SoC for good and installed OGSE instead which has its own engine.

I did the same thing, OGSE is great (barring occasional extreme autism) and installs smoothly, would recommend.

Plisken

Learned
edit: actually no now i remember, it was so much fucking trouble i just binned SoC for good and installed OGSE instead which has its own engine.

I did the same thing, OGSE is great (barring occasional extreme autism) and installs smoothly, would recommend.

highly recommend the weapons and HD textures addon: https://mega.nz/#F!vIxjHCgB!cyRYmKi1aDs0gpqTH6t-YA

basically removes the ugly vanilla models, adds a bunch of new weapons and cleans up the gunplay/less sponge

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
my memory is not that great but isn't that mod for 1.0004 or 1.0005?
The installer says that you should have 1.0006. No.
From FAQ:
Q: What version of the game this mod requires?
A: 1.0006. Works on non-Steam or Steam versions, English or Polish language. Read on if you have problems with Steam or other language versions.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think other than ZRP with a few tweaks or Autum Aurora are the best ways to play Shadow of Chernobyl
OGSE is the best standalone version along with Anomaly for the Call of Chernobyl style open world experience
(Lost Alpha seems too empty and gimmicky with cheap set up jump scares)
Misery 1.2 is the best way to experience Call of Pripyat
As for Clear Sky... I don’t hate it as much as some other fans, and with the SRP and Arsenal mod it become pretty decent, and honestly a decent Stalker game is miles better than 95% of the shooters out there
A couple of days ago I tried to play Doom and I simply cannot stand that style of gameplay anymore

Mmmmm.

Just to make you optimist that you can do it, I tried to install it, all I needed was two minutes of my time.

test.png

I will help you, though, because this one is pretty easy and I doubt that it is due to any issue on your computer given that vanilla stalker works.

A few questions:
1) Where is your fsgame.ltx located?
2) Can you publish a stamp of your fsgame.ltx?
3) Did you tweak fsgame.ltx before or after the install?
4) Have you got any leftover inside documents of Stalker?

Your take if you wish to get helped or not

cuck
just joking
by the way, it works on windows 10

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just to make sure I installed this last nite on my windows 10 laptop and everything went smoothly, go that got me thinking did Chad run the game at least one time before installing AA2 to generate the setting files?
Because other than that this seems very straightforward, either that or the mod file was placed in a filename too long and that caused errors during installation

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
1) Where is your fsgame.ltx located?
C:\Games\GOG Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, aka my root game directory.
2) Can you publish a stamp of your fsgame.ltx?
No idea how to do that.
3) Did you tweak fsgame.ltx before or after the install?
It's a step that i forgot on my first install, however it's one that I quickly realized and did before installing on all the installs after the first. All installs were also done by deleting the entire game directory and doing a full reinstall.
4) Have you got any leftover inside documents of Stalker?
Maybe, not something I bothered cleaning out but I will delete everything in it, reinstall the game, run it and try another install in a second. Will edit or post once more when done.

go that got me thinking did Chad run the game at least one time before installing AA2 to generate the setting files?
I did on my third and fourth installs. As previously stated it worked flawlessly vanilla.

When "tweaking" the userftx inside the main folder, don't move the paragraph while adding true. Everything must be lined up.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What do you mean by altered aspect ratio?
Done now. Didn't work, once more.
No ENB, static lighting, 75fov, patched to 4gb, Gnomus style scopes in 16:9, which is my monitor aspect ratio.
scqcom.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Already tried that as one of many "fixes" for AA2 CTDing. Still applied in GOG Galaxy so no need to do that.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Stability with AMK Autumn seems garbage too. I CTDed by selecting a dialogue option in the Sidorovich chat, access violation on bugtrap. I have noprefetch and nointro on both the GOG Galaxy client and game shortcut, neither made a difference. Loading a saved game in Sid's bunker also CTDed. I managed to escape Sid's crashbunker of hell by just not selecting that dialogue option, but talking to Wolf about Nimble again CTDed.
I give up. It appears that my one and only way to play Stalker SOC is to play it vanilla.

Last edited:
Seems like you are really unlucky :(

I will be honest, it's not worth it to play with these mods...

The fact that you can't clog up the PDA makes playthroughs a long grinding session because as soon as you take one quest you have to absolutely finish it, so you are bound to have long walking session.

Only mod I miss for now is OGSE and I still didn't play it because even if the 2.10 version and 2.11 work well, they are not the final version and 2.12 crashes at startup every time

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, I read that on AMK AE comments. "Have no more than 2 tasks at once."
I don't know if potato modders are just shit or what, but it's ridiculous how bad that is. I think I'll just grind through SOC vanilla and mod CoP and CS instead, because modding SOC is really a test of endurance.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The problem is that unless something like "open stalker" a la "open morrowind" gets released, the enjoyment that comes from modding is gutted.
There is OpenXRay. Call of Chernobyl uses that if I recall correctly. SoC is good but man it's just pure hell to mod out of all the Stalkers. CoP is the best Stalker by default since it runs well, is polished and doesn't just die when modded.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anomaly (64 bit OpenXRay) is ridiculously stable even with crazy high alife switch distances and large well-populated areas.

The community is doing impressive things with the engine.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Guys while playing some Autum Aurora on my laptop (which runs it surprisingly well capped at 30 FPS and without ENB) it dawned on me just freaking good the ENB used in this actually is; especially the color corrections and AA make the game look almost dreamy in some places

Would it be possible to adapt this ENB to Misery 1.2?

Possibly my only complain about that mod (other than the so so performance) is the lack of AA so everything looks so sketchy and “clean” compared to the ENB of AA2

The ENB on the site was never updated by the author apparently so the version from AA2 is something else?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There is Dead Air mod - a cross between Misery and Call of Misery, sadly I think in Russian only, mod from guy that made CoM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom