Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Silva, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    These are all legit concerns, but as long as they provide a good framework for modders to expand I can't see it failing. I expect them to move in the direction of Free play more if they were following the trends in the Stalker community. I'm pretty sure they are not going to drop the story or the main quest of some sort but if I was GSC I'd work heavily on faction involvement, immersion, AI and A-life, and the maps first and foremost. Mechanics will inevitably be altered beyond recognition by the modders anyway, if it goes any way like Stalker "1" modding. An easily moddable Stalker 2 game with improved graphics, AI and maps would be a huge success I think. Now, the real concern for me is if they want to further popularize Stalker by making it more accessible, that could be a route that could be very badly received in the Stalker community, especially if the parts that modders like to expand upon suffer. For example, a small very streamlined Zone with corridor like maps would really hurt the game and make it very uninteresting for anyone expecting modders to do anything like Call of Chernobyl. I know the "corridor" thing sounds unreal since we're used to Stalker like it is now, but I saw enough games go down the route of unrecognizable casualization. Another minor wish I'd have is the cities. I'd think it would be great if they would flesh out the buildings more, especially the commieblock flats, it could give the game a lot of soul if the flats were more personal and if you could just access more of them and maybe find some unique leftovers from the people who lived there.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    So I'll assume all the Stalker games fit into this thread.

My issue is that I cannot get Autumn Aurora to work at fucking ALL with SoC. I tried 3 different installs of it and it just refused to work. Every time I tried to boot it up, it would toss me a BREAKPOINT error. Running win10 and the GOG version.

• cuck cuck x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Plisken Learned

Plisken
    i had plenty of trouble with AA2 and other SoC mods myself. Tried lots of shit, the only thing that reliably worked was getting rid of the ENB. And you know, if one of the major features of your mod is graphicswhoring and you cant even graphicswhore whats the fucking point.

last i checked they work just fine on my new laptop so i have no idea what the actual root cause is.

edit: actually no now i remember, it was so much fucking trouble i just binned SoC for good and installed OGSE instead which has its own engine.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Chad, I would advise you to get a playstation because if you can't get a mod working with a step by step guide a console is perfect for you

cuck

• Funny Funny x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    I turned off ENB and used static lighting on my second install, gave me no luck. Vanilla SoC works flawlessly, but I just hate the gunplay in vanilla Stalker, and unfortunately Arsenal Overhaul does not exist for it. I'd be fine if Stalker: Lost Alpha rebalancing was ported over to SoC since that does the job fine I guess, even if I prefer the punchiness, animations and models of Arsenal more.
    Someone on Moddb said that a Win10 update killed the mod, no idea if that's true or not.
    All I want are realistic weapon models, good animations, better sound and better graphics if possible. Having ejection ports on the wrong side is annoying to a gun autist like me.

Eat shit. I'm not the only one having issues, it just refuses to work no matter what I did.
    Gamedata is true| true|,
    Have 1.0006 on legit GOG version,
    75 fov, 100 grass distance,
    No ENB, static lighting,
    Sights on 16:9,
    Patched to 4gb,
    CTD regardless.
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  6. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    Why are you not playing the standalone CoP mods everybody else is playing... They have more content, are more refined and certainly less of a pain to get working on a modern machine.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Because despite SoC being my first Stalker that I played around 2010-2011 for the first time, I have never completed it. CoP is the only Stalker I have ever finished, and I did that just a few days ago, see sig.

^ Top  
  8. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    I did the same thing, OGSE is great (barring occasional extreme autism) and installs smoothly, would recommend.

^ Top  
  9. Plisken Learned

Plisken
    highly recommend the weapons and HD textures addon: https://mega.nz/#F!vIxjHCgB!cyRYmKi1aDs0gpqTH6t-YA

basically removes the ugly vanilla models, adds a bunch of new weapons and cleans up the gunplay/less sponge

• nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    my memory is not that great but isn't that mod for 1.0004 or 1.0005?

also - props for not choosing Complete garbage mod for playthrough, that shit is overrated

^ Top  
  11. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    The installer says that you should have 1.0006. No.
    From FAQ:

^ Top  
  12. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think other than ZRP with a few tweaks or Autum Aurora are the best ways to play Shadow of Chernobyl
    OGSE is the best standalone version along with Anomaly for the Call of Chernobyl style open world experience
    (Lost Alpha seems too empty and gimmicky with cheap set up jump scares)
    Misery 1.2 is the best way to experience Call of Pripyat
    As for Clear Sky... I don’t hate it as much as some other fans, and with the SRP and Arsenal mod it become pretty decent, and honestly a decent Stalker game is miles better than 95% of the shooters out there
    A couple of days ago I tried to play Doom and I simply cannot stand that style of gameplay anymore

^ Top  
  13. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Mmmmm.

Just to make you optimist that you can do it, I tried to install it, all I needed was two minutes of my time.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I will help you, though, because this one is pretty easy and I doubt that it is due to any issue on your computer given that vanilla stalker works.

A few questions:
    1) Where is your fsgame.ltx located?
    2) Can you publish a stamp of your fsgame.ltx?
    3) Did you tweak fsgame.ltx before or after the install?
    4) Have you got any leftover inside documents of Stalker?

Your take if you wish to get helped or not

Show Spoiler

cuck
    Show Spoiler

just joking
    Show Spoiler

by the way, it works on windows 10

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Just to make sure I installed this last nite on my windows 10 laptop and everything went smoothly, go that got me thinking did Chad run the game at least one time before installing AA2 to generate the setting files?
    Because other than that this seems very straightforward, either that or the mod file was placed in a filename too long and that caused errors during installation

^ Top  
  15. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    I didn't need to run the game before installing AA2 to make it work, though :P

^ Top  
  16. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    C:\Games\GOG Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, aka my root game directory.
    No idea how to do that.
    It's a step that i forgot on my first install, however it's one that I quickly realized and did before installing on all the installs after the first. All installs were also done by deleting the entire game directory and doing a full reinstall.
    Maybe, not something I bothered cleaning out but I will delete everything in it, reinstall the game, run it and try another install in a second. Will edit or post once more when done.

I did on my third and fourth installs. As previously stated it worked flawlessly vanilla.

^ Top  
  17. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    When "tweaking" the userftx inside the main folder, don't move the paragraph while adding true. Everything must be lined up.

^ Top  
  18. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    I have it as such.
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  19. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    okay, one last try: can you not use an altered aspect ratio?

^ Top  
  20. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    What do you mean by altered aspect ratio?
    Done now. Didn't work, once more.
    No ENB, static lighting, 75fov, patched to 4gb, Gnomus style scopes in 16:9, which is my monitor aspect ratio.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Already tried that as one of many "fixes" for AA2 CTDing. Still applied in GOG Galaxy so no need to do that.

^ Top  
  23. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Stability with AMK Autumn seems garbage too. I CTDed by selecting a dialogue option in the Sidorovich chat, access violation on bugtrap. I have noprefetch and nointro on both the GOG Galaxy client and game shortcut, neither made a difference. Loading a saved game in Sid's bunker also CTDed. I managed to escape Sid's crashbunker of hell by just not selecting that dialogue option, but talking to Wolf about Nimble again CTDed.
    I give up. It appears that my one and only way to play Stalker SOC is to play it vanilla.

^ Top  
  24. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Ah christ, it appears that AMK AAE is 1.0004 only. Didn't notice that.

^ Top  
  25. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Seems like you are really unlucky :(

I will be honest, it's not worth it to play with these mods...

The fact that you can't clog up the PDA makes playthroughs a long grinding session because as soon as you take one quest you have to absolutely finish it, so you are bound to have long walking session.

Only mod I miss for now is OGSE and I still didn't play it because even if the 2.10 version and 2.11 work well, they are not the final version and 2.12 crashes at startup every time

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)