Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Silva, Dec 26, 2012.

1. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Yeah, I read that on AMK AE comments. "Have no more than 2 tasks at once."
    I don't know if potato modders are just shit or what, but it's ridiculous how bad that is. I think I'll just grind through SOC vanilla and mod CoP and CS instead, because modding SOC is really a test of endurance.

^ Top  
  2. Anomander Rake Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    • decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    There is OpenXRay. Call of Chernobyl uses that if I recall correctly. SoC is good but man it's just pure hell to mod out of all the Stalkers. CoP is the best Stalker by default since it runs well, is polished and doesn't just die when modded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Anomaly (64 bit OpenXRay) is ridiculously stable even with crazy high alife switch distances and large well-populated areas.

The community is doing impressive things with the engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    something that happened a week ago

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Guys while playing some Autum Aurora on my laptop (which runs it surprisingly well capped at 30 FPS and without ENB) it dawned on me just freaking good the ENB used in this actually is; especially the color corrections and AA make the game look almost dreamy in some places

Would it be possible to adapt this ENB to Misery 1.2?

Possibly my only complain about that mod (other than the so so performance) is the lack of AA so everything looks so sketchy and “clean” compared to the ENB of AA2

The ENB on the site was never updated by the author apparently so the version from AA2 is something else?

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    There is Dead Air mod - a cross between Misery and Call of Misery, sadly I think in Russian only, mod from guy that made CoM.

^ Top  
  8. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Dead Air is in TOP5 on Moddb, so it must be translated.
    And it is.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Translated? Good! Also, it's a bit unbalanced, or how to say? Buggy? Heard that at some locations mutants spawns after some point so you can't really be there.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. mwnn85 Learned

mwnn85
    Hoping that OpenXray makes big progress - particularly for Linux.
    It sounds like the xray engine was a bit of technical mess reading the commits/comments on GitHub.

Getting it up and running across multiple platforms, fixing any quirks and adding 64 bit support is the best way to ensure STALKER remains playable in the future.
    They're aiming to get all three games playable under a unified engine; be great if that happens.
    Tons of improvements that could be added - Vulkan support, faster loading times, more stable modding, etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    I saw Shadow of Chernobyl in the news with "Steam on Linux" so there is hope...

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. mwnn85 Learned

mwnn85
    Yes, Valve have added a customized version of Wine (Proton) to the Steam client on Linux.
    Wine is a bit wonky though.
    Still it's surprising to see how many new games play well with Wine & DXVK.

I did try several games I own on Steam - Battle Brothers, Mordheim, Underrail, etc
    Didn't have any joy with those titles yet... (Mordheim got to the main menu)

I didn't bother trying Dark Crusade as they claim it works.
    People are submitting whitelist requests here
    I've gotten Dark Souls (1+2+3) and AoW (1+3) working.

I'll have to try Call of Pripyat with the latest Wine + DXVK.
    I'd much rather run native programs when given the choice i.e. rbdoom3/dhewm3, gzdoom, shocolate, openxcom, etc.

^ Top  
  13. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    X-Ray was a technical mess because the primary engine developers quit the studio mid SoC development, which meant that people unfamiliar with how it worked had to take over duties keeping it. They got it in a pretty proper state by Call of Pripyat though. CoP was essentially pristine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    I urge everybody to try out Anomaly 1.4.0., its still a preview version but hot damn, that is some next level shit. Just check out the changes. Especially the Character creation (and you can rightly call it that now) is really deep with several tweaks to the economy and difficulty. A lot of hardcore options like stating how many lives you get at the start (kinda necessary since dying to random anomalies in ironman is very frustrating), how and when you can save...

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    That is my favorite of the Call of Chernobyl offshoots; the modified 64 engine is great and overall it looks and plays fantastic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    I see the power of ripping-off borrowing inspiration is stronk among fellow stalkers and modders.
    That loadout is similar to Dead Air but you don't get perks.

Why nobody borrow something from Legend Return? You gain XPs here, improve your characters (better meds, marauding, repairs etc.).
    Everyone call STALKERs "RPG" but beside LR there is no other project deserving that label.

^ Top  
  17. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    Anomaly is getting a big 1.5.0 update, certainly making it the best Stalker mod in my book. There is no comprehensive list of changes, since the dev is posting updates in the discord, but I made this pastebin of the current updates to give you guys an idea about the scope of the upcoming update.

https://pastebin.com/CDHPtjcx

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. ciox Learned

ciox
    I'll look into this mod at some point, the character creation looks great, I'm definitely into that DeploymentFeel of creating a loadout before you go in.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Plisken Learned

Plisken
    uh you're the only person ive ever seen call stalker an rpg and ive been playing and in the various communities since it first came out

what is frequently said is that vanilla stalker has rpg-lite or like progression systems for gear and artifacts, which it does, and which mods completely obliterate in the name of realism.

^ Top  
  20. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Really? I swear that they call Stalker as RPG everywhere else. Like gaming journos, some forums and communities and else. Guess it's Potato thing then...
    I don't call it RPG tho, no stats or XP gathering that make your adventure better.

^ Top  
  21. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    stats = guns
    xp = artifacts

FACTS

^ Top  
  22. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    sweet, do you know when it's gonna be released? Need something before Legend Return 1.0 get released.

gun progress exist in most action games - first/third person shooters for example.
    arifacts - powerups but less powerful with no timers

and yeah I know u trollin' but still gonna post to clarify stuff or people start calling STALKER an RPG

^ Top  
  23. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    No idea about the release, but beta shouldn't be too far off. I hope....

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    I wouldn’t consider it an RPG... but it is a much better Open World Game than both Fallout 3 & 4 so maybe it is
    At least it is the only FPS I do play as an RPG, meaning I try to do side quests, scout for artifacts and better gear, and retrace my progress to older maps to uncover catches to upgrade my gear rather than go from point A to B in a map
    Besides Dark Souls the Stalker games are by far my favorite game series since the 2000

^ Top  
  25. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    [​IMG]

Anomaly 1.5. Progress update

• nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)