Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Ok, so what's call of chernobyl?
Is misery still tedious shit? Why can't people just make a simple mod, like Autumn Aurora?
Call of Chernobyl is megaproject that take all maps from all 3 Stalkers and merge into one megaZone. You can play any faction you want (that include Monolith, Military and even Zombies). There is no story line, you do what you want which annoys a lot of people spoiled by modern games with handholding.

There are more simple mods, just not under Misery label.
Like Legends Return which have actual RPG elements (XPs and skills).

Eh, not for me then.
I find open world experiences to be dull and unfulfilling. I like having an objective.
Something like Terraria or Factorio is more my thing. In those games they basically tell you "this is your objective, we don't care how you do it. Just do it"

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
There is no story line, you do what you want which annoys a lot of people spoiled by modern games with handholding.
You mean like how all the real stalker games had a strong central plotline to tie all the areas together? That's what made them good is the open nature of the world combined with the well done story missions, especially CoP with all the unique side quests. A huge open world with no story where you just fuck around forever is for Skyrim/Minecraft loving ADHD kids.

v1rus

Arcane
Which mods (for SoC) would you say strictly enhance the graphics quality, without changing the visual identity of the core game (like autumn aurora does).

TripJack

Hedonist
Which mods (for SoC) would you say strictly enhance the graphics quality, without changing the visual identity of the core game (like autumn aurora does).
absolute nature and absolute structures

FOV switcher is a must the default is pathetic

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
so I finished my replays of CoP and CS and decided I might check out some mods for SoC since I have played that one the most, and man every single one of these mods is autistic shit lol. only mod worth getting for any of the games is sky reclamation project for Clear Sky because that game was fundamentally broken even after all the patching.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That, and there are no good mods for Clear Sky.
Seriously, its actually really irritating.

The most annoying thing about Misery is that its the only mod that people make nowadays. Every mod released now seems to be some variant of Misery.
I don't want Misery. I want AMK. I can't play the original AMK because of that stupid patch 1.0004 requirement, and if a mod needs me to dick around with my game for a few hours before getting it to work, then its a shit mod.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
CthuluIsSpy said:
I can't play the original AMK because of that stupid patch 1.0004 requirement.
OG AMK was my favourite SoC playthrough back in the day. Super atmospheric and the world felt truly lethal and alien.

Yeah, and it doesn't bloody work. You'd think after a decade someone would make a version that works with patch 1.0006, but nope.
Even Sidorivich edition doesn't work. I couldn't get it to run anyway, and ZoA, whilst an interesting take on it, is unstable and dead.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
CthuluIsSpy said:
OG AMK was my favourite SoC playthrough back in the day. Super atmospheric and the world felt truly lethal and alien.

Yeah, and it doesn't bloody work. You'd think after a decade someone would make a version that works with patch 1.0006, but nope.
Even Sidorivich edition doesn't work. I couldn't get it to run anyway, and ZoA, whilst an interesting take on it, is unstable and dead.

Were you having issues downgrading to 1.0004? It always seemed to work OK for me.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
CthuluIsSpy said:

Were you having issues downgrading to 1.0004? It always seemed to work OK for me.

Yeah, I found it rather unstable. The fact I have to modify the registry doesn't help matters.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
IIRC AMK creator bailed out after release when 1.0004 was most recent version. Now other mods use it as a base but as AO mentioned - almost all of them are austistic garbages. And they all require 1.0004 because russian magic with Stalker mods let them make everything with XRay engine except that patch requirement.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It shouldn't matter a great deal for playing mods, 1.0004 was the last patch to contain any stability improvements/bugfixes. 1.0005 and 1.0006 were both MP focused.

I usually just use that package that some guy on /vg/ made that contains all the 1.0004 binaries and dlls, I don't bother with any registry changes.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
It shouldn't matter a great deal for playing mods, 1.0004 was the last patch to contain any stability improvements/bugfixes. 1.0005 and 1.0006 were both MP focused.

I usually just use that package that some guy on /vg/ made that contains all the 1.0004 binaries and dlls, I don't bother with any registry changes.

Oh really? You could just do that? Does it work on the steam version?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Oh really? You could just do that? Does it work on the steam version?

Yeah, I usually use it with the steam version. Some people say Steam constantly auto updates it back to 1.0006, though I've personally never seen that.

You can get the downgrade packs from here:

https://mega.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I might have the original release for Call of Chernobyl on disc somewhere and that required the patches you can probably use that and find the online parches to get the version you want... I can upload that if somebody wants it

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Does Autumn Aurora 2.1 still have those Metro 2033 skins? If so, how do you remove them?
How is 2.1 different than 2.0?

2.1 was supposed to have a load of bugfixes, but they never fixed the save corruption issue (if you take more then five missions your saves can corrupt themselves).

The ZRP devs found a solution for this ages ago, but the AA devs were too lazy to implement it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Are you sure about the save corruption issue? I do recall them mentioning that the last version shouldn’t have problems with the saves and that was one of their last fixes

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Dead Air open beta and english translation is out.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/dead-air/downloads/dead-air-english-translation
This gonna be even more autistic. For starter - your default carry weight limit is 5kg, and you need backpack to carry more trash.
More melee weapons but not sure if melee works, I mean - close combat sux badly in Stalkers, that's no secret.

edit
more info - it's seems to be bit easier with starting options and perks. You can take one and enemies will drop guns in better condition with more ammo, another for better rewards and better loot in stashes or bodies.
And some groups of bandits are neutral.

Last edited:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I think it's time to play one of the Stalker games again. I've never found any other games that have quite the same sort of tense gunplay to them, especially when you set off the alarm in that army base, or trying to clear out a large bandit camp. Whether it's sneaking around carefully taking out people with headshots, or blasting people in the face with a shotgun (probably a toz 34 <3), I've yet to find another game that's so satisfying. At least, once you find a good mod for it (or mod it yourself). The vision and accuracy on enemies is usually the biggest issue, along with bullet sponges. You can be laying down in a bush in the middle of the night, and some random bandit 500m away spots you and starts accurately mowing you down with fire from his sub-machine gun fired from the hip whilst running sideways, meanwhile you're lucky to land a single hit, and then a grenade lands in your mouth. Absolute nonsense.

some anon has gone to the trouble of providing the english speaking community with the final patch (which for some reason wasnt released outside of slavland) of OGSE 0693, and along with it, much needed weapon mod and HD textures that only work with that patch. If you dont know about OGSE its worth checking out the moddb page, its probably one of the most extensive STALKER soc mods, being a standalone executable with a heavily modified version of the engine (i.e you dont need stalker installed to play it, just download and install).

If you do know about it, you, like me and many others, probably loved it aside from the big gripe about poor weapon models and awful ballistics (boolet sponge enemies). These mods fix that issue it seems. So I'm back to playing OGSE again. all necessary files here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ozk2k2qm9f7hk/OGSE_0693+Weapon_Addon+HD_textures

i would recommend downloading the torrent there instead of the 5GB file from mediafire.

I seem to recall having some fun with OGSE last time, so I'll give this a go. I hope this isn't the one with the godawful quest chains in that FUCKHUEG Darkscape area. If you don't happen to have a vehicle (if that's even an option), you know it's going to be about 10 minutes of non-stop sprinting.

Edit: Had a look at the patch notes when installing.

"Fixed reset dog Dick logic when loading savegames"

Haha what. Closer inspection reveals a character called Dick who has a dog that had wonky code. Maybe it's that guy in the old boat.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I want a friend of mine to try Shadow of Chernobyl but he is kind of a graphics whore so I would like to either install Autum Aurora 2 or the standalone Stalker Evolution
What would be the best option for him to get started?

Edit: Went with AA and it looks very beautiful and runs incredibly well.
We decided to get started and on a whim I attacked some of the soldiers near the watchtower next to Cordon... and holy shit I thought I had made out like a fox with a pretty sweet AK and a decent gun but as I got back after the first errand the whole village was beign attacked by the army! Most of the Stalkers lay dead while I circled around picking them up one by one until I ran into a group that had just killed Wolf, got a few shots in and hid behind a tree thinking they were going to cheeky breeky my ass but I got lucky when I killed one who was about to throw a granade and he ended up blowing his teammates too
Ended up with Vampire’s gun, a few high caliber rifles, health kits, bandages the works and sold most of the extr guns for a nice chunk of change

That is why I love this series above all others; any other game would have made Wolf unkillable or that would have fucked up my game, I ended up killing 12 soldiers and left Cordon a ghost town for my actions but still the game continued as if nothing had happened

Just another day in the Zone

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit... is Autum Aurora a bit too deadly?
Most of all the Stalkers or groups I meet are killed in seconds after combat begins for example the 3 rangers guarding the warehouse to Agropon; rarely do all of them make it when the attack from the bandits come and once I got lucky and saved all 3, only to have them march straight towards the gateway on the opposite side of the warehouse and get absolutely slaughtered by the bandits there
I mean I know the Zone is harsh and all but I am running out of NPCs here
Every area that I leave is like a death field with simple shootout turning into total wipeouts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom