Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Silva, Dec 26, 2012.

1. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    What does Last Day even do? Is there a mod for Call of Pripyat that's simple, like Autumn Aurora? Or a bugfix mod?

Playing through Clear Sky atm with the SRP mod.
    Its an improvement, but the faction wars system is still retarded. The Loners don't reinforce anything and for some reason the mutant and bandit spawn rate is absurdly high; they zerg rush their neutral base and wipe them out.
    I might as well join Duty.

^ Top  
  2. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    last day takes misery and inserts it to call of prypiat basically,it increases difficulty in about anything.

^ Top  
  3. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    That's complicated.
    There is Misery mod for Call of Chernobyl called Call of Misery.
    It was received so well people made more projects based on it - add various stuff (graphic, textures, effects, sounds and many, many more items and junk), tweak a lot of things like economy (even harsher, making for even longer playthrough).
    Can't remember details and differences, need to analyse their readmes.

what was their names?
    -Last Day
    -Echo of Misery
    -Dead Air

Meanwhile - nobody give a shit about SGM-Sigerous Mod, there was some prototype but it's for old CoCh build, unfinished. :negative:

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    But misery is already for call of pripyat

^ Top  
  5. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Ok, so what's call of chernobyl?
    Is misery still tedious shit? Why can't people just make a simple mod, like Autumn Aurora?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ^ Top  
  6. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Dead Air looks very good (although sound pretty buggy) and I just found a reddit thread with
    Instructions for further tweaking and modding Call of Misery
    If Stalker 2 had good modding tools as for the Bethesda games it would be a dream come true

^ Top  
  7. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Call of Chernobyl is megaproject that take all maps from all 3 Stalkers and merge into one megaZone. You can play any faction you want (that include Monolith, Military and even Zombies). There is no story line, you do what you want which annoys a lot of people spoiled by modern games with handholding.

There are more simple mods, just not under Misery label.
    Like Legends Return which have actual RPG elements (XPs and skills).

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Eh, not for me then.
    I find open world experiences to be dull and unfulfilling. I like having an objective.
    Something like Terraria or Factorio is more my thing. In those games they basically tell you "this is your objective, we don't care how you do it. Just do it"

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    You mean like how all the real stalker games had a strong central plotline to tie all the areas together? That's what made them good is the open nature of the world combined with the well done story missions, especially CoP with all the unique side quests. A huge open world with no story where you just fuck around forever is for Skyrim/Minecraft loving ADHD kids.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    Which mods (for SoC) would you say strictly enhance the graphics quality, without changing the visual identity of the core game (like autumn aurora does).

^ Top  
  11. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    None. You really don't need any graphics mods for any stalker games, they still hold up visually. Just max everything out.

• Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    absolute nature and absolute structures

FOV switcher is a must the default is pathetic

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    so I finished my replays of CoP and CS and decided I might check out some mods for SoC since I have played that one the most, and man every single one of these mods is autistic shit lol. only mod worth getting for any of the games is sky reclamation project for Clear Sky because that game was fundamentally broken even after all the patching.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    That, and there are no good mods for Clear Sky.
    Seriously, its actually really irritating.

The most annoying thing about Misery is that its the only mod that people make nowadays. Every mod released now seems to be some variant of Misery.
    I don't want Misery. I want AMK. I can't play the original AMK because of that stupid patch 1.0004 requirement, and if a mod needs me to dick around with my game for a few hours before getting it to work, then its a shit mod.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Yeah, and it doesn't bloody work. You'd think after a decade someone would make a version that works with patch 1.0006, but nope.
    Even Sidorivich edition doesn't work. I couldn't get it to run anyway, and ZoA, whilst an interesting take on it, is unstable and dead.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Were you having issues downgrading to 1.0004? It always seemed to work OK for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Yeah, I found it rather unstable. The fact I have to modify the registry doesn't help matters.

^ Top  
  18. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    IIRC AMK creator bailed out after release when 1.0004 was most recent version. Now other mods use it as a base but as AO mentioned - almost all of them are austistic garbages. And they all require 1.0004 because russian magic with Stalker mods let them make everything with XRay engine except that patch requirement.

^ Top  
  19. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It shouldn't matter a great deal for playing mods, 1.0004 was the last patch to contain any stability improvements/bugfixes. 1.0005 and 1.0006 were both MP focused.

I usually just use that package that some guy on /vg/ made that contains all the 1.0004 binaries and dlls, I don't bother with any registry changes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Oh really? You could just do that? Does it work on the steam version?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Yeah, I usually use it with the steam version. Some people say Steam constantly auto updates it back to 1.0006, though I've personally never seen that.

You can get the downgrade packs from here:

https://mega.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    I might have the original release for Call of Chernobyl on disc somewhere and that required the patches you can probably use that and find the online parches to get the version you want... I can upload that if somebody wants it

^ Top  
  23. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Does Autumn Aurora 2.1 still have those Metro 2033 skins? If so, how do you remove them?
    How is 2.1 different than 2.0?

^ Top  
  24. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    2.1 was supposed to have a load of bugfixes, but they never fixed the save corruption issue (if you take more then five missions your saves can corrupt themselves).

The ZRP devs found a solution for this ages ago, but the AA devs were too lazy to implement it.

^ Top  
  25. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Are you sure about the save corruption issue? I do recall them mentioning that the last version shouldn’t have problems with the saves and that was one of their last fixes

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)