Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
RSIZeusAd_2.jpg

ScienceTextbook_2-740x416.jpg

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Chris Roberts at his prime at 40 yr olds with 20 years of experience and WC hit title franchise and the money from movies...... Are we going to see the best space game to ever come yet ? I silently hope so.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
No privateer,,, looks like WC reboot in a new IP as EA holds rights to old WC.

Carrier-Hangar.jpg

Rapier styled fighters YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Achilles

Arcane
I hope this isn't an MMO. If it's a single-player game (even with a multiplayer component, I don't mind that) I will be all over this. If it's a Kickstarter, I'll donate the minute the page goes up. And FFS Volition, give up the Saints Row nonsense and get to work on Freespace 3!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Considering the expectations I had with his former friend, I will just be good if it is not a Facebook Zynga game.

Still, I am wary ; can this guy out-do the X3 series ? This ain't 94 anymore.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
MOTHER OF GOD

"I want to get back to the roots of what I did in the old days with Wing Commander, which was, if you've got a really badass PC, this is going to show it off," he said.

"I don't want to do a mobile game. I don't want to do a social game. I'd shoot myself. And I know people are getting paid to do it, but I like to do these big splashy, jaw-to-the-ground…get-lost-in-the-fantasy-of-it-all [type of games]."

http://www.gamespot.com/chris-rober...untitled-project-teaser-trailer-6397470/?hd=1

Roberts got the talk,got the attitude, got the money, got the vision..... BEST SPACE GAME EVER HERE WE COME !!!!!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
MOTHER OF GOD

"I want to get back to the roots of what I did in the old days with Wing Commander, which was, if you've got a really badass PC, this is going to show it off," he said.

"I don't want to do a mobile game. I don't want to do a social game. I'd shoot myself. And I know people are getting paid to do it, but I like to do these big splashy, jaw-to-the-ground…get-lost-in-the-fantasy-of-it-all [type of games]."

http://www.gamespot.com/chris-rober...untitled-project-teaser-trailer-6397470/?hd=1

Roberts got the talk,got the attitude, got the money, got the vision..... BEST SPACE GAME EVER HERE WE COME !!!!!

Chris BROberts.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck yeah. Newtonian physics? Maybe not. Could overcomplicate things. I can however do with a Freelancer reboot; need them good keyboard and mouse controls if it will have submarine physics.

Seriously though, fuck yeah. This is, out of all the incline this year, the best news I've seen - by far. I'm giddy.

This isn't competition to X3. Completely different games.

Oh and please, if it's going to be a PC exclusive please don't pander to the XP crowd, and go full DirectX 12.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
He is.

Chris Fuckin Broberts Space Industries to introduce the world first ever AAA indie gaming.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I guess he's gotten enough dough from producing films past 10 years.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Goddamn incline. Am now officially stoked.

The only dev I actually believe with a statement like this. In the old days each new Origin game meant you'd had to get a new pc to run it. :)

Now let's hope the fucker pulls it off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom