Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Star Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Morgoth, Sep 10, 2012.

1. c2007 Savant

c2007
    Sure, you mean they will release in a barely more polished state than the current build, as an early access buy for much needed cash infusion.

I meant that the game, as originally promised, is never ever going to come out, and will at best be one or two portions of it barely scratching the promises.

This game, from day one, is the definition of vapourware.

^ Top  
  2. theSavant Prophet

theSavant
    Yeah, pretty sure Early Access is coming someday. Their last trump probably.

^ Top  
  3. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    From what I've seen it's issue is more along the lines of "B'awww I spent hundreds of hours playing it in Early Access/Alpha/Beta (pick your poison), followed everything about the game I could and now when it releases officialy, is exactly what it is I've gotten bored of it and only got 4 hours out of the game"

^ Top  
  4. Trans-Financial-Man Learned

Trans-Financial-Man
    Game runs like shit on my 1060 right now. If it wasn't for that I'd probably enjoy alpha 3.0 more. I realise it's an alpha though and optimisation is one of the plates being balanced alongside working on more content for the game and sorting out the dire Crytek netcode. Plus I only paid about £20 for the thing. From what I've seen it has a decent amount of stuff to do for that price. Sue me Codex. I had fun with my friends playing it.

• cuck cuck x 5
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Deathsquid Learned

Deathsquid
    Such as?

^ Top  
  6. Trans-Financial-Man Learned

Trans-Financial-Man
    Flying around with friends, missions, shooting shit. stealing other people's ships to crash into other peoples ships, doing missions in multi crew ships, delivery missions, Arena Commander for pvp and the FPS module. Racing. That's the shit off the top of my head. What do you want from me? Validation? I had fun. The same amount I'd have playing a shitty eurojank game at a similar price.

• cuck x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    The amount of content isn't their biggest problem right now. They need to get the performance under control and sort the party system out. I had fun playing with friends too, but it plays like shit even on beast PCs and squading up is a goddamn chore.

^ Top  
  8. Trans-Financial-Man Learned

Trans-Financial-Man
    Yup. I keep banging my head on the wall on the SC reddit every time I try to explain that 10 - 15 fps on a reasonably beefy rig isn't fucking good.. But the excuse I keep getting is "Lol get a better pc" when I'm on a GTX 1060 with 18 gigs of ram.

• sheeple sheeple x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    So you aren't getting a better computer?

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Get yourself a nice Voodoo 3000,it is really high end video card.

^ Top  
  11. Deathsquid Learned

Deathsquid
    • incline incline x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    3.1 patch released. I just played for a half hour or so, travelled to Yela and picked up some cargo, accepted a mission, got interdicted by pirates and then crashed to desktop while fighting them. Performance seems roughly the same but maybe a little better, still low frames (~20-25 fps) and stuttering. Good quality of life stuff added like polishing the mobiglass and being able to sign out in your ship bed. The game feels a little bit more alive because of the player generated contracts, greater variety of missions with better payouts, and the pirate's have banter and fight much more aggressively now.

The moon surfaces got touched up

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • meh x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    To be fair by the time the game actually launches those will be totally sensible minimum requirements.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    They are making 'procedural cuisine'

• hopw roewur ne x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    180,000,000$ omelet .

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    and eggplants ! money well spent, Citizens !

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Those beans almost look like mountains !

• Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I don't understand. What am I watching?

Edit:

Ah, right April fools.

^ Top  
  19. Brzęczyszczykiewicz Arcane

Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    Project: Eternity
    Going by previous pages game is bottlenecked by CPU or ram(probably both) not graphic card. Granted 100% ram usage on 16 gb shows shinning future of star citizen in era of neverending growth of ram prices.

^ Top  
  20. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Then it will never work better, because better cpu's are not physicaly possible since 8 years and it looks like it won't change.

^ Top  
  21. Trans-Financial-Man Learned

Trans-Financial-Man
    A couple of Around the Verse episodes go into excruciatingly autistic details about how they're solving bottlenecks and performance issues. Stuff only a programmer will appreciate.

^ Top  
  22. Brzęczyszczykiewicz Arcane

Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    Project: Eternity
    They are possible its just not easy or cheap anymore and until recently intel had no pressure to bother making better CPUs at all.

^ Top  
  23. :Flash: Arcane

:Flash:
    Last year the only remaining consortium researching extreme ultraviolet range lithography (ASML, Zeiss, Trumpf) announced that they had reached a breakthrough and they would be ready to deliver the technology in the not too distant future. That should make it possible to create chips near the physical limits. So one more leap in technology with the following incremental improvements can be expected before the physical limits of electron-based chip design is reached.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Seems they are really tightening the screws on refunds since the beginning of this year. People are complaining about even worse stall tactics than usual by CS incl. cheap tricks like closing support tickets without resolution due to „inactivity“.

Cash must be really tight at CGI now. If anyone of you is still in this mess and wants to get out without a major hassle (lawyer), time may be running out.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Grotesque ±¼ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)