Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Star Quest 2: United Galaxies

:Flash:

Arcane
So, Star Quest 2: United Galaxies is now on Kickstarter.
I have actually been waiting for this for more than 10 years. I really liked Star Quest 1. It was nothing great, but it was fun at what it did. And it was pretty impressive considering that it was coded more or less by a single guy. The Frontier games were the only other ones that had seamless landing on planets, and AFAIK Star Quest to this day is the only classic mission based Space Sim that has it. On mission had you crash land on a planet and forced you to deliver pizza with a driving vehicle on the planet in order to gain the cash needed for the repair of your ship.

The goal is quite modest, but unfortunately the kickstarter is completely half-assed. He obviously never looked at successful kickstarters or a how-to.

:Flash:

Arcane
LOL, so its ten years later and I receive a Kickstarter Update Mail out of the blue.

Just letting you know that we are still developing the game
Star Quest 2: United Galaxies is still under development.
Updated the web site Star Quest 2: United Galaxies with a tentative list of features that the game will include.
We will try to do the opposite of some kickstarter projects. We did not get funded, but we will deliver the game!

Considering that this game was already in development for ten years when I made the post above, it looks like this guy is trying to beat Cleve's record.

grimace

Arcane
The project's funding goal was not reached on Thu, December 26 2013 10:55 AM CST
$1,145 pledged of $22,032 goal with 30 backers

Obliteration of factory and mining sites is the goal of the game?
Desctruction of enemy fleets is necessary to accomplish the primary goal?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom