Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars 1313 announced

TripJack

Hedonist
as long as the bitch with three tits is in we're good

o wait that was total recall fuck

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So is 'cinematic' a new sub-genre now?

Thank you Bioware stupid people who throw money at Bioware.
You should blame Naughty Dog and Rockstar for this, they sell way more than Bioware and put far more time/money/effort into cinematics.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

You should blame Naughty Dog and Rockstar for this, they sell way more than Bioware and put far more time/money/effort into cinematics.
Maybe Rockstar, but Naughty Dog games - being PS3 exclusives - don't sell as much as Bioware. Shame really, those games would deserve it. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Maybe Rockstar, but Naughty Dog games - being PS3 exclusives - don't sell as much as Bioware. Shame really, those games would deserve it. :M

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345007/uncharted-franchise-tops-17-million-sales/

Looks pretty fine to me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, my bad. I've based my assumption on an article written 2 years ago, where they were whining about Uncharted 2 not selling enough after release. But it seems as time went by, the sales were quite good.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
starwars%20return2.jpg

Tap X to kill Jabba.

Y'know I'm still confused why we don't get a faithful modern remake of the original trilogy into a video game format.
All we had was Rebel Assault 1. Some off-spin Rogue Squadron game. And X-Wing Alliance. We never get to play as one of the original awesome cast. Fuck Anakin, fuck young Obi-Wan. Why can't we be Han Solo shooting people up and then having a good time with Leia?

I want to be the middle aged imperial functionary tasked with covering up order 66/killing of those jedi kids.

Will I survive the byzantine politics of the Emperor's New Order? Do I face a final reckoning by New Republic firing squad, or do I take my secrets to the grave?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
starwars%20return2.jpg

Tap X to kill Jabba.

Y'know I'm still confused why we don't get a faithful modern remake of the original trilogy into a video game format.
All we had was Rebel Assault 1. Some off-spin Rogue Squadron game. And X-Wing Alliance. We never get to play as one of the original awesome cast. Fuck Anakin, fuck young Obi-Wan. Why can't we be Han Solo shooting people up and then having a good time with Leia?

I just want another Tie Fighter or being fucking Darth fucking shit up. To this day I don't understand why a FPS as Vader was never made. It seems like a no brainer to have a 'Rise of Vader' type of scenario instead of all these idiotically named bsb heroes like Kyle fucking Katarn. It would sell by the bilions! Just would need Arkane to do a Dark Messiah style of game and Lucasarts would be laughing.

Rhalle

Magister
Star Wars, as a culture-wide phenomenon, died when Ewoks appeared on the screen in 1983.

What in the fuck is wrong with people today? When I was a little kid I didn't give two shits about a move made in the 1940s or 50s, much less live in some sort of perpetual nerd-cult reality about it. Christ.

But Tie Fighter and Dark Forces II were good. I'll admit that.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But Tie Fighter and Dark Forces II was good. I'll admit that.

This is the biggest issue i've had with the modern SW games. Why can't they be as good as those?
SW:TF may have balance issues and X-WING: A rigid mission structure may pale in comparison to Wing Commander dynamic campaign success - but why WON'T ANYONE PICK IT UP AND FIX IT?
We're stuck in prologue bullshit. With shitty movie remakes in 3D and even more shitty CGI animated movie.

Only SW: TFU was decent, but it was too short.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
All Star Wars simulators were made by TotallyGames and Lawrence Holland who was the lead. Lucasarts by themselves knows shit about making a space sim.

If there ever gonna be another SW space game it needs to be made by mr Holland who is doing god knows what today.

LawrenceHolland.jpg

Deleted member 7219

Seeing as the last good Star Wars game (X-Wing vs TIE Fighter) was released fifteen years ago, I think it is long overdue. I hope it is good.
Fixed

Those are your words, not mine. IMO KOTOR 2 was the last good Star Wars game, the best of all of them was TIE Fighter CD (the version that had all expansions but kept DOS and iMUSE).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually what happened to space fighter games? Where you control starfighter and do shit, this genre had a lot of good games in SW franchise.

About this Im sceptical. Not newsworthy really since recent SW is shit topped with shit.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Actually what happened to space fighter games? Where you control starfighter and do shit, this genre had a lot of good games in SW franchise.

Uh..maybe they died, just like RPGs, Adventure games, turn-based strategy games, realistic flight simulations, non-cinematic shooters and every other cool genre that ever existed? Welcome to 2012 man, what kind of question is that?

deuxhero

Arcane
LA was recuriting for one at the same time as what wound up being this.

Mind you this indicates it will be shit too...

DraQ

Arcane
The genre killed itself by trying to win over derpy shooter crowd rather than monocled sim fans, and losing horribly to actually appealing FPS games.

Other than spinoffs of established movie franchises there is little appeal in pewpew space shooters where your fighter behaves like WW1 plane.

Angthoron

Arcane
So I was like "Hey, having windows on a spaceship sounds like a great idea, surely nothing bad will happen to them." and then I was like but maybe I give them a benefit of a doubt and then it was like "Oh-ho, look, dude got shot out of the broken window!"

So Star Wars had the same tech level for how many thousand years, and they didn't figure out that windows IN SPAAAACE is bad for what exact reason?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom