Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: Empire at War demo out.

obediah

Erudite
it's good.

( I don't even know what we're talking about, but I so desparately want to be fit in)

oherror

Liturgist
obediah said:
it's good.

( I don't even know what we're talking about, but I so desparately want to be fit in)

dont we all.....i played it its pretty good...i'm looking forward to trying out the full version....i think i'll borrow it from a "friend" on the internet and if its good enough i'll by it...

DaViLLaN

Augur
Reminds me alot of Star Wars: Rebellion, except that you actually get to fight in the land battles.
Im usually not an RTS guy, but this one looks pretty damn good. I like the strategic aspect( or galactic conquest...whatever )
probably gonna go on my to get list.

Levski 1912

Scholar
The space battles and galactic mode are alright, but I thought the land battles were subpar (unbalanced as well). Just my 2 cents.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
oherror said:
dont we all.....i played it its pretty good...i'm looking forward to trying out the full version....i think i'll borrow it from a "friend" on the internet and if its good enough i'll by it...
Holy crap, you write posts exactly as a kid that used to harass me on the Team Gizka forums. You're not him, are you? Woe is me, and all that if that's the case. :lol:

Anyway, the demo is good and well worth a download, but the connection really is shit.

Kortalh

Liturgist
I thought the Galactic Mode went way too fast. Hopefully the full game will have some method of controlling the speed. With how big the galaxy could potentially be, it would be next to impossible to manage all of those planets at the speed it was going.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Kortalh said:
I thought the Galactic Mode went way too fast. Hopefully the full game will have some method of controlling the speed. With how big the galaxy could potentially be, it would be next to impossible to manage all of those planets at the speed it was going.

I was thinking - why isn't the galactic overlay TURN-BASED. Sure, keep it real-time as an option for those that want quick rushes, but that just felt a bit akward.

oherror

Liturgist
how so, turn-based can be good but the way it played was more fun after you understood how to win. besided after flanking the at-at then getting it to follow for a ambush followed by y-wing bombing run was awsome to do and watch. Considering it happened right after each other. There are things you can do in real-time that are harder and less cool to watch if it was done in turn-based.

oherror

Liturgist
Locue said:
oherror said:
Holy crap, you write posts exactly as a kid that used to harass me on the Team Gizka forums. You're not him, are you? Woe is me, and all that if that's the case. :lol:

Anyway, the demo is good and well worth a download, but the connection really is shit.

i'm not him. I usualy am not a forum goer, only reason i even go here is to keep my self busy at my job which is boring at times.

TycoonBrian

Novice
Whipporowill said:
I was thinking - why isn't the galactic overlay TURN-BASED. Sure, keep it real-time as an option for those that want quick rushes, but that just felt a bit akward.

Exactly what I thought. And is it me or do the space battles go on for EVER?

oherror

Liturgist
no they were pretty quick you just have to cripple the big ships them take out the fighterbays and presto battle effectively over. but it also depends on what you sent to attack the space base....

Thrawn05

Scholar
I like it. I just wish it was more "Rebellion like" in that you had diplomacy and such to deal with. But I'm glad they stayed away from mining resources (which was a big win for me with Force Commander).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom