Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

Irata

Scholar
From what I've seen it looks harmless and mediocre. Which, to me, is worse than being a bad game. I can understand them being risk adverse though. That Star Wars license wasn't cheap and I imagine that many Star Wars fans will buy it just because it is Star Wars.

hexer

Steam forums are full of angry people who didn't know their preorder downloads need extra time and HD space to unpack :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like it will be part of Origin Premier thing. So you could rent it for 15 euro (price for me) if you feel like.

oh FUCK yeah Imma just do this then! good shit

And thus the subscription era begins, sadly. :negative:

yoda-head-png--150.png

Begun the subscription war has....

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright guys I bought this so if you have any questions, fire away. So far my opinion is that the popamole is strong with this one, but it is extremely well-polished popamole and I am having a bit of fun with it. The token black character has already begun to rub me the wrong way but we'll see (What is up with her fucking bug eyes?)

Yosharian

Arcane
From what I've seen it looks harmless and mediocre. Which, to me, is worse than being a bad game. I can understand them being risk adverse though. That Star Wars license wasn't cheap and I imagine that many Star Wars fans will buy it just because it is Star Wars.
Honestly from the few hours I've played so far there's more love and care put into this than there is in the entirety of Force Awakens and Last Jedi. It really feels as if the people who made this game genuinely love Star Wars, Star Wars as it used to be, not the abomination that it has become.

Yosharian

Arcane
89% Steam user reviews .. so far.
Is it justified?
Yes, I think so. As I said, it's really well-polished and fun to play. It's just not... very deep. At least it has some godamn challenge. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and I've died a few times fighting these big frog-looking motherfuckers. They're not so tough once you get the timing down though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
89% Steam user reviews .. so far.
Is it justified?
Pretty much. Especially if you see that all the negative reviews were done after 0.5-1.5 hours gametime, so these people just wanted to dislike the game from the start.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A surprisingly lukewarm review from Sam Machkovech at ARS Technica.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...eview-more-like-the-force-goes-back-to-sleep/

The good:
  • The game's opening hours combine a promising story, accessible combat, beautiful setpieces, and a lovable new droid in masterful fashion.
The bad:
  • 12-hour campaign would be easier to stomach if it didn't run out of steam so quickly.
  • Dark Souls-ification of combat feels more like a ticked-off box than a fitting system for this game's combat.
  • By the end of the game, the story feels rote and utterly disposable in the Star Wars universe, and it loses its logical train of thought along the way.
  • Metroid-like backtracking system feels annoying thanks to mostly worthless, cosmetic loot.
The ugly:
  • I hope Respawn issues a patch that increases players' access to Force powers during encounters; in its current state, the game taunts Star Wars fans with such meager access to Jedi superpower juggling.
  • Glitchy hitbox issues make the game's tougher combat sequences harder to swallow.
Verdict: Since the paid Origin Access Basic subscription service didn't make J:FO eligible for its usual 10-hour trial, I can only recommend renting or avoiding altogether (unless you already pay for Origin Access Premier on PC, which includes full J:FO access).

Zibniyat

Arcane
Not a review...but he says its the best Star Wars game he's ever played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqO28Fhp6ug

I've checked the guy's Youtube account... and among other things he has almost only words of high praise for such things like The Last Jedi movie. Coupled with the fact that the guy depends on Star Wars for livelihood, and that he has what seems to be thousands of videos on the topic, the logical conclusion is that he is extremely biased and thus his opinion on anything related to Star Wars can simply be discarded as irrelevant.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This won't even be talked about anymore by next week.

I think it may havea longer life simply because EA has done fuck all with their exclusive Star Wars license. Which in itself is kinda mindblowing. We've had, what; two Battlefronts, The Old Republic and now this in terms of notable projects?

hexer

I see Steam reveiws are going up - they're at 92% now.
Some people are praising the game as a mix of Dark Souls and Force Unleashed.
So is this an ARPG or pure action game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom