Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I mean... you're arguing the Monastic State of the Teutonic Knights shouldn't be ruled by the Teutonic Knights because they're arseholes.

Of course it doesn't help that the Sith Empire is a direct stand-in for the Galactic Empire... which was founded by the Sith too, but under completely different principles - after all, the general populace of the latter had no idea Palps was Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith. Tensions between generals and Vader make sense there. Tensions between the Sith from the Sith Empire and their Force-blind subjects - who have been taught for 3000 years to serve and worship the Sith - do not make sense. Unless, as I said, there was a significant influx of outsider population at some point. Which only makes sense, as the original Sith Empire was not human.

Codex Year of the Donut
I mean... you're arguing the Monastic State of the Teutonic Knights shouldn't be ruled by the Teutonic Knights because they're arseholes.
If they've become the root of every problem then why should they exist simply because they founded something?
You're using circular logic here.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
If they've become the root of every problem then why should they exist simply because they founded something?
You're using circular logic here.

And you are avoiding addressing my point. The tensions between the regular people of the Empire and it's Sith aristo-ecclesiocracy are displayed in the vein of the tensions between Vader and Tagge. This is bad. At the time of Palpatine the Republic was quite secular, the transformation into the Galactic Empire seen as political and the triumph of the Sith kept hidden from most admirals, generals and moffs. Contrast this with a Dark Side theocracy built up over 3000 years. Yes, rebellions and attempts to overthrow the gods have their place. No, they should not look like anything displayed in the game. It treats the Empire and the Sith as two different entities, while they are one.

p.s. unless you're an actual pureblood sith you're really just a dark jedi

Ajunta Pall, the first Dark Lord of the Sith, was human, a former Jedi exiled from the Republic along with a dozen followers. At the time the game takes place, all of the so-called "purebloods" are in fact hybrids of humans and the original red-skinned Sith. The Sith, much like the Mandalorians, are a multi-species culture.

Norfleet

Most sith are simply raised believing to be a superior being and everyone else is dirt beneath your boots. Now add the power of lightning at your fingertips and no real repercussions for killing someone, as long as nobody sees it directly. Or you kill every witness as well.
The sith empire has everything to be the dominant force in the galaxy, but it's hard to accomplish anything if at any time some shitlord can kill your admirals and comandeer half of the fleet to parade above his mansion, because someone with his status deserves a proper guard. :hahano:
And now you see the problem with feudalism in general. All of these problems are just regular Crusader Kings problems, only in space with wizards.

Codex Year of the Donut
Blizz
has flavor text that requires skipping the automatic conversation to see. Changes after the conversation.
image.png

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Sith Empire as all Empires can only flourish when Emperor is Stronk leader and knows how to take reins over the aristocracy, news since Byzantium BLAAAM! its Roman Empire!
The Emperor of the SWOTOR era was such man same as Palpatine/Darth Sidious, as to Sith being emo children again some of them are but on the other hand just as with Imperium Inquisitors there is control from peers so any incompetent or treasonous Sith is swiftly removed and unlike the ever decadent Republic the constant strife and competition does make imperials sharp I met many courageous and brave Imperial officers and soldiers (and when played as Trooper all those republican troops aside from HAVOC and special forces were pussies and cowards there for my trooper to baby sit), what Sith need is turning them from treacherous ego-maniacs onto honor based society.
I am playing as SITH Pureblood too who is :obviously: scholar, nobleman, warrior and also badass Sith no need to be thug or emo-man child to play as one, its true that empire does attracts many edgy teens but the other side is full of self righteous and pretentious cunts so its balance itself out just like force does Comrades.

:balance:

Codex Year of the Donut
I think BH has the most companions that I'd consider to be 'good': Mako, Torian, and Blizz.
Gault is alright, which is worth half a point. Skadge should be worth negative points, but I digress.

Codex Year of the Donut
but on the other hand just as with Imperium Inquisitors there is control from peers so any incompetent or treasonous Sith is swiftly removed and unlike the ever decadent Republic the constant strife and competition does make imperials sharp I met many courageous and brave Imperial officers and soldiers (and when played as Trooper all those republican troops aside from HAVOC and special forces were pussies and cowards there for my trooper to baby sit), what Sith need is turning them from treacherous ego-maniacs onto honor based society.
But the problem is that the ones that are insane are typically the most powerful ones.
Marr is pretty much the only notable exception.

Codex Year of the Donut
Biggest mistake Bioware made:
There is not a single Alderaan mission that uses Alderaan as a pun.
"Looking for {x} in Alderaan places"
Bam, perfect mission title.

Codex Year of the Donut
All the alien languages made me realize that "fake" VOs for RPGs might not be such a bad idea.
Not that many lines are required because the intent isn't for the player to understand but for it to convey emotion via tone.
Has any RPG actually done this?

Myobi

Liturgist
I haven't touched this since it went "f2p", is most of shit still locked behind a fee or is actually f2p now?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't touched this since it went "f2p", is most of shit still locked behind a fee or is actually f2p now?

Pay equivalent of 3 beers to get month as sub, then you can soldier on thru basic campaign and three first expansions as preferred, Free to play is demo version of game good to check first planet Comrade they even lock fast travel for those paupers.

Myobi

Liturgist

Pay equivalent of 3 beers to get month as sub, then you can soldier on thru basic campaign and three first expansions as preferred, Free to play is demo version of game good to check first planet Comrade they even lock fast travel for those paupers.

Thanks mate! I might just do that, the little of the campaign I went trough was pretty good.

Codex Year of the Donut
Base game + first 4 expansions are free, 2 of which are content expansions. The biggest reason to subscribe is to obtain rocket boosters and teleports tbh.

Codex Year of the Donut
I have a feeling that the companion crew skill bonuses were never actually disabled.
Mako seems to get a lot of crits when slicing. I was unaware of what her bonus was, and looking it up, just happened to be slicing.

Codex Year of the Donut
You can let Blizz haggle with the Gormak leader
:love:
Of course, he forgets to ask about what you wanted. Oh Blizz…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom