Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I accidentally crashed the augmentation kit mk-11 market
It's literally the only thing you can craft that actually makes money though.

Well, if you are a raider, you actually get the mats for augments and high-tier barrels/hilts as drops from nightmare mode bosses. So you don't have to buy them to craft stuff. This is one way of making money. The other is to offer your crafting services for free to anyone who has mats, and keeping any critical results for yourself.

Codex Year of the Donut
I accidentally crashed the augmentation kit mk-11 market
It's literally the only thing you can craft that actually makes money though.

Well, if you are a raider, you actually get the mats for augments and high-tier barrels/hilts as drops from nightmare mode bosses. So you don't have to buy them to craft stuff. This is one way of making money. The other is to offer your crafting services for free to anyone who has mats, and keeping any critical results for yourself.
nobody buys anything because you can get everything from running hammer station

Codex Year of the Donut
ilwTpuL.png

Codex Year of the Donut
Pretty sure I just lost over 300 million credits worth of augmentation kits. Was depositing them into my storage, game (network) lagged and I tried to select them, lag stopped and they just disappeared.

found them, randomly on a different page in my storage for some reason

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Pretty sure I just lost over 300 million credits worth of augmentation kits. Was depositing them into my storage, game (network) lagged and I tried to select them, lag stopped and they just disappeared.
Is that much? How long do you have to play to have 300 mil. credits?
I started playing in november but I'm being a spacejew so it would probably take a normal person a lot longer.

Also, they were in some random spot in my storage after combing through it to find them. Not even the same page, how weird.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Funny, I found smuggler to be ok and consular to be thoroughly boring after Act 1.
Smuggler just wasn't very interesting and felt very detached from every other class story.
At least the BH had a reason to be part of it.

Well You have some agenda as BH but only if Branden met anything to your toon and given that he is dead after three short conversation my BH stayed for MAKO mostly, later on TB does make couple of things which which really make you want him pay and finish the damn hunt I even skipped some quests to make him bleed (Lol) faster but he dies on end of act One and by this point this idea of thug private contractor trusted with the same top secret and important missions highly elite Agent and Sith were starts to be silly. Its not as much connected to story line as Siths, Agent or Trooper are (and Jedi as well but f... playing as space fags.) You dont get title of Mandalorian even if you join their clan and for me this should made in such manner that you play as BH to end of chapter one and then to decide to become Mando and play as Mandalorian warrior class or continue to be killer for hire AKA Merc, you know like in KOTOR too when after 15 level you either decided to be Sith Lord or (((Jeedi))) and have different story lines and abilities.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Theoretically, most Mandalorian Clans are allied to the Sith Empire, so when you actually join one, working closely with the Empire *should* make more sense than previously. Too bad BW never made a big deal out of it. Mandalore should be calling you and saying stuff like: "My warrior, our Sith allies need our assisstance again. Show them how to wage a war on the planet <insert name here>"

Codex Year of the Donut
ugh got to the last boss in chapter 10 and can't beat it because my companion is too weak
going to have to spend credits to rank them up for it

by far the most annoying part is basically every chapter handing me a rank 1 companion

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yes the kits the Legacy vendors accept Comrade, armors are so so but I did find very nice bounty hunter style pistol, assault rifle and minigun there.
I still have a few of those inheritance kits, IIRC those were originally supposed to help your alts, so you didn't need to switch equipment too often. With difficulty as it is now, they are utterly useless. The weapons at least, since they are not moddable. The armors cost a FUCKTON of moneyz. Ironically my sentinel got a drop with the exact chest piece model at a very low level.
They rest can be filled in with the aegis something crafted armor. MILLIONS OF CREDITS SAVED! :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You could look the items up on TOR fashion: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/
They list items that look similar/use the same models
Mmo-fashion is pretty outdated and often plain wrong. Half of the stuff has a "not available anymore" tag, because it came from flashpoints, commendation vendors or bonus series. I still hate myself for not getting my gunslinger a second revolver from whatever flashpoint it came from. Sad. :cry:

Sadly Swtorista has no weapons page afaik, but she does a much better job for armors.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now I am in second chapter of Agent story when my new wombyn superior had ''genius'' plan of infiltrating SIS instead of taking some heavy fighters to Corrusant and snatching target Komando stye and it did not ended up well:

ksht94K.jpg

You got mind-fucked by Jedi and forced to serve him and his Republicuck

But my Agent found a way to kill the first minion of (((Jedi))), was going to actually help him cause my Agent is profeska guy who kills only when its nescary for mission success and not out of spite like [[[Sith]]] do but little golym could not resist and used the code word, proving that Empire with all its xeno-phobia never went so low like those good goys did.

They will all die for violating the integrity of Chiss mind, Glory to Ascendancy and Empire. :hero:

P.S. Turned out that:

Lol it was the Sith Dark Council who put the code-world and brainwashed my Agent first for talking down Darth Jedus, just like in RL Comrades the (((Jedi))) and [[[Sith]]] working together to put down the uppity Chiss goy.

Moving to Hoth loved the Teris it was far more fun than trooper take on planet thanks to hot and always angry red-head and jedi my Agent not only romanced but romanced onto joined the Empire, making Kaylo angry too as bonus point, wanted to throw her from ship after finding the shirtless guy on deck of Fracking Imperial Intelligence Ship but then decided to kill her first occasion I will get she is to dangerous to be let loose (She also killed most of her Exes) and romance the other girl who is not slut. Am I correct or those planet quests were added later? they do add to game play a lot too, the Chem quest was very short adding planet quest was nice touch.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Lol it was the Sith Dark Council who put the code-world and brainwashed my Agent first for talking down Darth Jedus, just like in RL Comrades the (((Jedi))) and [[[Sith]]] working together to put down the uppity Chiss goy.

That is mostly due to the Agent resisting the power of Darth Jadus, something all Sith would be understandably wary of.

Am I correct or those planet quests were added later? they do add to game play a lot too, the Chem quest was very short adding planet quest was nice touch.

Could you be more specific? I don't really remember all the quests in SWTOR ;P What "planet quest" do you mean? The whole helping out Moff whatshisname to drive the Republic off the planet?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Just met Darth Jadus playing as my human DS Sniper IA: the true Man of Steel and Power, is there any option to back him up later? Made him Emperor?

Once you meet aboard the Dominator, you can become the Hand of Jadus. He is not aiming to become the Emperor, but he will control the Dark Council from the shadows.

I wish my SW got such Master instead of Darth Cartman.

Don't be too harsh on Darth Baras. He's scheme was brilliant. And you would overeat too if you were forced to be the one to sign the peace treaty with the Republic 10 years previously.

BTW, you didn't awnser this:

Am I correct or those planet quests were added later? they do add to game play a lot too, the Chem quest was very short adding planet quest was nice touch.

Could you be more specific? I don't really remember all the quests in SWTOR ;P What "planet quest" do you mean? The whole helping out Moff whatshisname to drive the Republic off the planet?

- If you mean that questline, it has been in the game from the start. On Quesh it is just more prominently featured, as you cannot get planetside without picking it up :)

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Well those Juice-Toobers must skip those planetary quests, was just surprised there is so much to do in this game in vanilla game only, I must admit the Chiss are my favorite race as:

They adopted my Agent onto noble house and send him the wifu even when my Chiss said he is Imperial officer not lost scion of Ascendancy, those guys should teach Imperials how to be really :obviously: Imperial.

But yes if ever RP as human Agent I would totally follow Darth Jadus if only cause he promises Intelligence without interference of Sith, he also understands why rule of two is needed, sure met couple of Siths who were sensible chaps but most just liability to Empire, off to forge the alliance between Empire and Voss now. :salute:

think that some years ago you had to to the class quest, the planet quest, all the secondaries and some more mindless grind only to not to be underleveled.

Commissar Draco

Patron
think that some years ago you had to to the class quest, the planet quest, all the secondaries and some more mindless grind only to not to be underleveled.

Now I am constantly over-leveled which nerfs my toons and makes game harder than easier, on DK for example 3500 HP Agent on level 17 turns onto 2200 HP Agent when you hit above 17 level limit, sure really doesn't matter if class and planet and exploration quests go but some Heroics turn to be very hard to complete solo even on story mode. Also the instant teleport thing is massive :decline: in game where there is in-game fast travel, mounts and boosters, I blame Oblivious for this.

no. heroics are never hard. even heroics 4+'s fights can be soloed, i know i did and i'm a crappy player. the only open world content which can't be soloed is world bosses and some "press these 4 very distant buttons at the same time" puzzles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom