Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Technically, most of the Inquisitor's companions swear eternal allegiance to you, including your proper Sith Apprentice.
And technically I would sleep with my eyes open when anyone of them is in the same room.

As proper imba uber Sith Lord you should not sleep. Period. Complete waste of time best spent on pursuing more power.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
you should not sleep
Uuuh, I meant meditating of course. Aquiring even moah dark powers.:obviously: Need to reaquire those 20% after after being hit with the nerfbat...

Still wondering how Darth Bro became one with the force, and of all people appear to grandma Satele. I demand this plothole to be explained!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Le sigh. Becoming a Force Ghoste =! becoming one with the Force. Quite the opposite, actually. As long as any elements of your personality linger, you are not one with the Force. The Jedi welcome this dissapation of the self, the Sith abhor it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So, Yoda & Co were just force ghosts as well, in a "we have unifinished business to do before we go" way? I am asking because their corpses vanished while Marr's didn't.

Whatever, he is still a bro and that's all that counts. :salute:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think the vanishing corpse thing only happens to lightsiders. And yeah, they were just lingering due to unfinished business. There's even a novel where Obi-wan's ghost tells Luke: "sorry kid, imma melding with the force nao, no more advice"

Deleted member 7219

Playing Eternal Throne now, and I'm actually enjoying it, just like I did the early chapters of the previous expansion.

I've been able to kill off a lot of important characters who annoyed me, and the writing seems to be better.

Killing Arcann was a nice moment, especially the Dark Side convo options. "He ruled in his father's shadow. Now he dies in mine."

It isn't KOTOR 3. Of course it isn't. But it serves as ego-stroking Star Wars fan-fiction with some well-animated cutscenes.

Deleted member 7219

I take back my last post. There's a few good moments here and there but overall the expansion is just as mediocre as the last one.

I'm planning on starting my account back up to give myself something to do over the holidays. I'm wondering if you can still sub for a month to permanently unlock all of the expansions. That's how I "bought" Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
5nurud.jpg

Xeon

Augur
I really enjoyed playing this game for a while. The older story was pretty good, kinda reminded me of DAO's origins. The latest 2 expansions is extremely different than anything in the game, very ME instead of KOTOR. Story also kinda got ruined with the Zakuul shit.

I did like the voice tho of the Zakuul's emperor, I think his conversations were the only decent thing in the expansion.

roll-a-die

Magister
Oddly enough I think had EA not done as EA does, this could have been the one to at least upset WoW's market share just a smidge, but instead collosal failure due to bad over priced schemes, over promises, and over hype.

It's kinda sad, because for an MMO it's at least on the level of a mid tier bioware game(IE ME2, or KotOR level, not JE level or in the other direction ME3 level).

Sykar

Arcane
Technically, most of the Inquisitor's companions swear eternal allegiance to you, including your proper Sith Apprentice.
And technically I would sleep with my eyes open when anyone of them is in the same room. They just follow you because you are the big head honcho right now. The bonehead will stab you in the back the moment he sees an opening, Khem Val will run off and devour the galaxy if you don't feed him enough (and he manages to break free). The pirate wil leave you once he finds a better gig, Talos is a relic nerd, and the clownfish... she's a mess, the less said about her the better. Didn't really miss any of them.

As for the warrior:
I thought when Vette came back it would be "Blues Sister reloaded", but meh, she found a better gig with the horny guy and treats you like a distant relative. Little girl grew up so fast...:cry:
Not sure how Jaesa would fit in anyway. LS Jaesa would have most likely been killed saving a whale somwhere, while DS Jaesa.. I mean she was pretty cool offering to create a legacy with me, but I have that nagging suspicion that crazy womyn would have eaten mah babbies at some point...

At least Pierce is still a bro. :salute:
And he was never mentioned again after recruting. :argh:

It was obviously to cut costs. How many lines did Vette have in that mission anyway? Probably less then on Korriban.

I have not played the game in ages but what happened to the companions? Do you lose them at some point?

Tytus

Arcane
And technically I would sleep with my eyes open when anyone of them is in the same room. They just follow you because you are the big head honcho right now. The bonehead will stab you in the back the moment he sees an opening, Khem Val will run off and devour the galaxy if you don't feed him enough (and he manages to break free). The pirate wil leave you once he finds a better gig, Talos is a relic nerd, and the clownfish... she's a mess, the less said about her the better. Didn't really miss any of them.

As for the warrior:
I thought when Vette came back it would be "Blues Sister reloaded", but meh, she found a better gig with the horny guy and treats you like a distant relative. Little girl grew up so fast...:cry:
Not sure how Jaesa would fit in anyway. LS Jaesa would have most likely been killed saving a whale somwhere, while DS Jaesa.. I mean she was pretty cool offering to create a legacy with me, but I have that nagging suspicion that crazy womyn would have eaten mah babbies at some point...

It was obviously to cut costs. How many lines did Vette have in that mission anyway? Probably less then on Korriban.

I have not played the game in ages but what happened to the companions? Do you lose them at some point?

In one of the newer expansion they pull a ME2, when you are captured and Frozen in carbonite for 2+ years or so. When they defrost you all your companions are scattered around the galaxy and you can meet them again during the story.

Sykar

Arcane

As for the warrior:

In one of the newer expansion they pull a ME2, when you are captured and Frozen in carbonite for 2+ years or so. When they defrost you all your companions are scattered around the galaxy and you can meet them again during the story.

But they do not join you again?

Tytus

Arcane

As for the warrior:

But they do not join you again?

Sorry I was wrong, you were gone for 5 years not 2.

And yes, you get some of them back. But you have to unlock them through special story missions if I'm not mistaken.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, you get them after you reach the Alliance part of the expansions and if they were part of your class missions then you are golden, recruiting them will be easy but if they are not, some of them have a very time consuming with a lot of chores to get them recruited.

There will be server merge on Nov 8. if you are not a sub or a sub but haven't played that long then your name will be taken by a sub that have been playing for long on that character that reached Lv70.

I subbed and kinda looking forward to the merge, also I hope there will be some more class stories again, the new cinematic story really sucks, not enjoying it at all.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder how many RPers will give up now that RP servers are getting the boot. It was admittedly one bright aspect in the game when I played it a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

roll-a-die

Magister
Is WOW still even a thing?
Yes, still the top Sub only MMO on the market.

For western market MMO's and MOBA's the breakdown is basically

League of Legends making, about 600m-ish a quarter.

WoW at 200m-ish a quarter.

World of Tanks at 150m-ish a quarter.

SuperData-MMO-MOBA-Report-2016-3.png

Asia's MMO market though out paces the US by far with about a 11 billion US funny money in revenue each year.
SuperData-MMO-MOBA-Report-2016-1.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The quarterly numbers are 2 years old. The 2nd figure is projections from the first quarter to the rest of the year, which was last year anyway. What the numbers actually were is never mentioned, never mind the numbers for 2017.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom