Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

what broke the camel's back was "pay to hide the helmet". this kind of jewing is intolerable. not that "you can play operation wolf only 3 times per week" helped much.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Dont worry, he'll disappoint you eventually.
So he IS a Codexer? Updated my txt.

Thanks for slapping this thread alert in my face with some novice level necromancy, now I feel almost tempted to check how many cybershekels my acc has created in all those years from the "get 100 per month for frees" shenigans. Almost! :(

Codex Year of the Donut
what's up with the textures in this game
C1kF0oE.png
:abyssgazer:

Codex Year of the Donut
The hub-based zones in city areas makes this one of the few(if only) MMO I've played where cities feel like cities rather than tiny towns with 50 residents.
I don't think I've ever preferred the 'tiny city' design in any game, hub-based design always seems to be better.

Codex Year of the Donut
post your refer friend link, I'll probably end up buying a subscription for a couple months to play the stories
Here you go, fren: http://www.swtor.com/r/4xNyP7
Appears I misunderstood how it works. If you have an account already, it had to have been subscribed once and then inactive for 90 days. The account I'm using — which I recovered, apparently it's over a decade old? I don't even remember making it, might have applied for beta testing I guess — doesn't qualify :negative:

The loading screens in this game are very short, which is nice. ESO's loading screens are :deadtroll:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I have good memories of SWTOR. World building was non-existent because of the region-planets logic but it was a cool clone of WoW. I really liked the huttball arena back then.
Are there new classes ? Thing I really didn't like was that classes on both sides were too similar with their counterparts, and that despite that it still wasn't actually balanced.

Vatnik Wumao
I have good memories of SWTOR. World building was non-existent because of the region-planets logic but it was a cool clone of WoW. I really liked the huttball arena back then.
Are there new classes ? Thing I really didn't like was that classes on both sides were too similar with their counterparts, and that despite that it still wasn't actually balanced.
No new classes, although I'd recommend checking what changes have been made to combat and what not since you last played.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
what's up with the textures in this game
If you want higher res textures on your outfits, you have to fork over Cartel Coins to buy newer ones. Otherwise you run around looking like a spraycan accident.
As for the head: helmets are your friend.

Gets ridiculous when your toon stands between some of the newer characters during a cutscene. Makes you feel like someone edited you in with sharpie pen. Especially since retardo Koth has gotten more polygons and texture memory usage than everyone else combined, because someone at Bioware had a yuge hard-on for him. :argh:

Heh, my fondest memory was creating "Codexia", so I could run around with the "of the Codexian legacy" title. Codex represent! :obviously:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Guessing that you don't play anymore?
I am just a filthy casual, taking year long breaks and only shortly returning when it's time to power through a handful of DLCs again.
Always feels like someone woke you up from a decades long coma. You look like an ancient relic, your spec is now a laughing stock, equiment only worth wiping windows with. And half of your savings are used buying a cup of dye.

A friend of mine gifted my a gamecard (he still is, he wasn't trying to troll me with it), so I even brought my handful of favorites through Onslaught. Gave me nice closure, especially 'dexi's (sorceress) "story" made me feel really smug in the end. Bitchslapping someone with force lightning never gets old.
Sadly the economy is pretty broken for casuals, prices are horribly inflated all around. It's even worse once you get bumped back to not-subscriber, when your cap of 1 millionbuys you.. well nothing worth noting. Also after running at least 700 slicing mission I realized they changed it so you actually make a loss on lockboxes now. So much for my main source of income from years ago...

Come to think of it, none of my toons has actually changed clothes in the last 5+ years... eeeew. :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom