Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

GloomFrost

Arcane
BTW the remaster of the first Age of empires is coming out in October. AOE Definitive edition. Just saying.

Archibald

Arcane
So going by rule established earlier in this thread it is going to kill AoE franchise.

So how B-tier player ended up getting to the finals?
Because his gimmick is doing cheese and trying to throw off unimaginative players by going outside of the meta. As soon as you run into a player like Flash or Jaedong that can't be shaken by that kind of thing, you get 3-0'd. His obstacle in reaching the finals (Bisu) was also a player that is definitely far better than him and was looking in pretty damn good form, but has historically always choked against Shine (and only Shine) for whatever reason. He got way further than anybody thought he had any right to.

There's a lot of 1-trick ponies these days, who all got inspired by the WC3:TFT championship where Sweet (playing UD - a race generally considered to have no early rush capability outside of a mirror match) sold his fucking goldmine and necropolis to build a 2nd crypt and lich-rush in the 3rd game of the best of 3 final.

Now, if you're already one of the all-time greats, and you pull crazy shit like that in the deciding match of the grand final, you deserve some praise. But 99% of the time, if a lesser player attempts that, they'll get found out and easily crushed. It's a weakness of the competition that the remaining 1% still allows a B or C tier player to fluke a win against an A-leaguer, especially as many tournaments don't become 'best of 3' until the semis.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I dunno, watching Flash 3-0 another B-tier player and take his gold medal was pretty boring. If this keeps happening I have no doubt Flash can make good on his promise to win 3 ASLs in a row. Apart from the finals though it was awesome.

True. But the semifinals were on point. Flash's face when he gets 4pooled is amazing.

Shine was legit good vs. Bisu. You have to give him credit for trying an unorthodox strategy, failing, then doing it again and succeeding against the same guy. It's a shame that he seemed to have absolutely nothing to do vs. Flash though.

I mean all he really did was shut down two consecutive attempts at corsair-reaver by making any number of spire units and then deflected a rush in game 4. He wasn't good, Bisu just played bad.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Briefing room remastered:

jp4cb5uwhg2z.jpg

DramaticPopcorn

That's giving too much of a horror game vibe instead of a rundown millitary installation. Ehhh

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
DoK looked to be dead on arrival at first, because it didn't deliver for either group really and it had a lot of shitty reviews from people who expected both and got neither. Lately though, it's found some interesting traction as a competitive RTS (something HW never was) and it's got the "Artifact Cup" series running pretty regularly. Although I hear the guy who runs those feels like slowing down.
Seriously? DoK doesn't even pull 100 concurrent players on a weekend, where is that competitive scene coming from and what game are they playing?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
While I like the orignal better than the remaster soundtrack for Terran, there's still hope, that its actually something we havent heard yet, since its the same as for Heroes of the Storm, but we'll see. It has good part, and bad parts.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I listened to the soundtrack last night, and the nostalgia hit hard. I still remember getting the box (I think it had a Protoss zealot on the front) as a kid and playing the missions/battlenet for hours. It is so hard to find the same level of enjoyment from anything nowadays (or perhaps I just have not looked hard enough).

Even if the remaster falls short, it is a good reason to look back on simpler days of playing RTS games all day as a kid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom