Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement regarding the recent doxxing of an RPG Codex user by the Administration

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
After living in both Germany and the US I'll take the insincere American smiles any day over lazy Germans. My God are German customer service people lazy / incompetent. It's because we pay them way too much and they can't easily be fired because of unions and stupid laws like "you can't fire an employee with a month's leave in advance."

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
So one guy kept behaving like a dick for years and now got deleted... what is all the fuss about?

And why did I waste 5 minutes reading that, pff. :D

Deleted member 7219

The Codex has never been better (and I say that as someone who joined during the Dweller era, which I still look back on fondly). Just adding my brofist to the others being sent DU's way.

Turjan

Arcane
After living in both Germany and the US I'll take the insincere American smiles any day over lazy Germans. My God are German customer service people lazy / incompetent. It's because we pay them way too much and they can't easily be fired because of unions and stupid laws like "you can't fire an employee with a month's leave in advance."
It's similar with other things. Like the 2-years warranty you get in the EU - theoretically. You don't have that in the US, but exchanging a faulty product was usually much less of a hassle there, because the companies want you to come back and buy again.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And you doing it well, Tony! I feel like "at home" here, and love this place already! This place is definitely if not unique, than definitely an exception from rules.

I, Long John (really long) try to control myself and not post bullshit about politic or cultural difference (which even can be more offensive), which I as Russian Orthodox who honor Stalin have in enormous quantities.
I even try to contribute to this place and people here, made some thread about RPG and such...

PS Also this repentance-thread make me want to know - do you guys, have a thread about how someone can leave a minimal trace in internet?
A week ago I wanted to buy AoD and Underrail finally, but I found that if I'l use plastic\cred card, this leave to people unknown to me all full info about me, and we all know that info leaked in internet stay there forever.
You can post all the offensive political bullshit you want. There's a whole subforum for it. That's why the Codex is so awesome. Or was. Although we already have an official KKKodex Kommisar and several crazy Russian vatniks and/or Putin Propagandists, you can always add to the lulz.

The people that started this are hardcore shitposters. The kind that go on complete retard sprees and start threatening and doxxing people. Or flooding the forums with tons of spam images. Some people here have 100% legit, no kidding, serious mental health issues.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'll take no customer service at all and having to do shit myself over in-your-face fake-friendly bullshit. The only time I expect good service is in a restaurant, or when I actually buy a service rather than products where the service is secondary (like a plumber or something).

Deleted member 7219

So one guy kept behaving like a dick for years and now got deleted... what is all the fuss about?

And why did I waste 5 minutes reading that, pff. :D

Same thing happened in the Mamma's Gang incident that marked the end of VD's tenure as Codex Fuhrer. A bunch of fucking retards who spammed shit in GD, never contributed to meaningful discussions, decided to fuck with the Codex and it caused much drama and butthurt.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The place has too many know-it-all manchildren who simply want to goad DU and other users into a fight because it's the only place they have a shred of self-worth. Fuck 'em. Of course once the reality hits them that sometimes they can't just say whatever they please over the internet without total immunity they clam up and/or ask for their accounts to be deleted.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'll take no customer service at all and having to do shit myself over in-your-face fake-friendly bullshit. The only time I expect good service is in a restaurant, or when I actually buy a service rather than products where the service is secondary (like a plumber or something).
Let's see how long you keep thinking that way after you've been to the US and enjoyed free water, complementary drinks at Vegas, free appetizers in a restaurant, free refills for almost every drink you buy, food served to you at a third of our prices by smiling waiters that take their job seriously (because they can be fired if they fuck up even once) and grocery stores where they bag your groceries for you in free paper/plastic bags. Free bags!

It's so easy to shit on the US customer service hospitality when you haven't actually enjoyed it for a few years.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Let's see how long you keep thinking that way after you've been to the US and enjoyed free water, complementary drinks at Vegas, free appetizers in a restaurant, free refills for almost every drink you buy, food served to you at a third of our prices by smiling waiters that take their job seriously (because they can be fired if they fuck up even once) and grocery stores where they bag your groceries for you in free paper/plastic bags. Free bags!

It's so easy to shit on the US customer service hospitality when you haven't actually enjoyed it for a few years.
Or maybe, one could offer good service and all the "free" stuff without this sort of emotional abuse?

Turjan

Arcane
The big difference is that, fake friendliness aside, people actually try to be helpful over there. It's such a relief. This goes through the whole society. Can you imagine a workplace where the administration actually wants to make things happen when you go there and is helpful? I've never seen this in Germany once in my whole worklife. In Germany, they are an obstacle.

Turjan

Arcane
Die in torment. People like you deserve to get their throats cut.
One thing you do not get is that, with the ease of getting fired comes the ease of getting a new job. People give you a chance even if you aren't a perfect fit.

In Germany, you need the right piece of paper for everything, and nothing else will do. They also don't want to give you a job if you are older, because they are afraid they have to keep you till retirement. There's a reason why there are so many older people without job in countries like Germany.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I've experienced US customer service first hand and I found it awkward as hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"HI NICE TO SEE YOU HOW ARE YOU HEY SUCH A NICE DAY INNIT"

Woah woah calm down dude I don't wanna marry you, I'm just here to shop some stuff geez :?

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On the main forum page, I read. . "statement regarding the recent d..."

OOH

IS IT DEATH?

"Statement regarding the recent doxxing of an RPG Codex user by the Administration"

Aww boooooooo!

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Vegas is a special case. Since the main source of profit is people making bad decisions in your establishment, it makes sense to keep them there as long as possible with free stuff and reduce their cognitive capacity with free booze.

Also, I've lived in the Kwa most of my life. I lived in Europe for a year, and while I was not in Germany, I did not find the customer service in Spain and France to be off-putting in any way.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've experienced US customer service first hand and I found it awkward as hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"HI NICE TO SEE YOU HOW ARE YOU HEY SUCH A NICE DAY INNIT"

Woah woah calm down dude I don't wanna marry you, I'm just here to shop some stuff geez :?
This x 1000. Why I almost never shop retail anymore. I can get stuff online and not be harassed three or four times trying to make a simple purchase. Grocery = go at night and use self checkout and/or shop at a high end store. Yes, you pay more but the employees are more pretentious than friendly and won't ask if you need help every thirty seconds. Even in a restaurant too much 'service' can be a bad thing.

Ladonna

Arcane
You know, this might just be the time to unban The_Nameless_Prick

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom