Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3362406825530515025/
Patch incoming - 0.181 3/13/19
I'm aware of a few stability issues that have been reported. I'm focusing exclusively on stability for now. In general, I test each build heavily, but with such a complex game, it's easy to miss a few things (as a solo developer) - I apologize and assure you I very much want to make sure that the game is stable. A few things came to my attention and this patch addresses at least a few issues that could cause the game to lock up. Thank you to everyone who reported these on the bug forums and elsewhere and for answering my questions.

Additionally, I've set up a survey that may help me identify systems/hardware where lockups might be happening. If you do have a lockup of any kind with this NEW VERSION - 0.181 AND BEYOND (not previous versions of the game) - please fill out the survey form. Important, I am not collecting IP info or any other personal data in the survey (or ever). You do not need to login or provide any info other than the info in the survey.

Even if you do not have a lockup with the game, please do fill out the survey if you have the time. Knowing stable hardware configurations is just as important.

There are 10 questions. Here is the link to the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R9F3FQR

Notes:
Resolved issues with several instances where opening a menu and not closing it would cause the game to lock up. Specifically:
--Opening the Drone Manager from the log screen and then pressing the ESC key or any other key that would navigate you to inventory, character information etc. would lock up the game. Thanks again for the reports.
--Opening the "Reputation" menu from the log screen and then pressing the ESC key or any other key that would navigate you to inventory, character information etc. would lock up the game.
--A change to the core AI architecture

As always, thank you!

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3362406825548792471/
Patch incoming - 0.182 3/18/19
Patch will be posted shortly - A few more stability fixes, the most important of these to address the rare random lockup when entering/leaving combat. This is a very old legacy bug and I hope this one is fixed once and for all. Let me know if you see this anymore going forward. This was the most common bug reported in the stability survey. Please do fill the survey out if you have time - it's been very helpful: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R9F3FQR

I'm working my way through a list of bugs this week so there will likely be a few more patches.

FIXED: Rare random lockup when entering or leaving combat.
FIXED: A bug related to populating the star map search data based on your location in the universe. This could have made it hard to find purchased ships located at remote stations.
FIXED: A bug that would add an empty character between the save name and time played values in the save UI when overwriting an existing save.
FIXED: Deleting saves while in the save game UI could cause a bad entry in the save list.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1849197902662827368/
Patch incoming - 0.185
A few fixes in today's patch. I'd also like to point everyone to the new troubleshooting pinned post at the top of the forums. Many support issues I get are related to virus scanners, old drivers, players folder permissions (not launching Steam in administrator mode etc.), overclocking and the use of boost programs like Turbo Boost Max and GeForce Experience. I think the post may be helpful if you are having issues with stability.

Troubleshooting guide.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1849197902659280065/

FIXED: A display error for perk bonuses to the weaponry skill. Specifically bonuses applied to reload speed and efficiency displayed on the ship screen under "Skill Bonus"
FIXED: Targeting a planet and traveling to FTL space then clicking the upper right info panel even if it displayed "No Target" would display the info panel with bad info.
FIXED: Placing a beacon and then deleting another beacon would cause the beacons list to not display the most recently placed beacon.
FIXED: Display of number of drones deployed and in inventory in the log->drone UI
FIXED: The game would lock up while hacking if you had perks selected from the auto-hack line at higher levels (Mystic Keycard, Master Key etc.) when those perks were triggered.

Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks as always for reporting issues on the bug forums!

[+1] Hotfix for a bug I found...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1849197902667707319/
Patch incoming - 0.186
A few fixes in this patch to address reported issues. Should be posted shortly. Thanks as always for posting issues on the bug forums.

FIXED: When exiting Dauntless the game was generating two autosaves.
FIXED: When leaving the Dauntless,
FIXED: The number of items in ship cargo holds could be displayed incorrectly in rare cases. Cargo volume is now correctly displayed in the vendor UI, when viewed in the ship cargo UI and in purchased cargo storage. If you have a current save that displays incorrect cargo volume, this patch should resolve the problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1814296273129781978/
Patch 0.188
A few stability adjustments and minor fixes I thought I would release today. I'm still working away at the Trade-Net. I hope to have something I can show soon.

Meanwhile, here are the patch notes:

Stability fixes:
--Capped framerate at 60fps - I'll look into uncapping FPS during late alpha. In general, capping the framerate at 60 keeps the physics engine (and overall framerate) stable on higher-end systems with fast CPU's/GPU's and high refresh monitors. The game actually plays much smoother for me running at a 144hz.
--Clearing some dynamic data before level loads.
--Integrated the latest Steam API for stability, upcoming achievements and other plans I have for the game.
--Removed a few files that that game does not need (may have been causing conflicts on some systems).

FIXED: A bug related to autosaves on the Dauntless.
FIXED: A bug related to volumetric effect coloration in certain star systems.
FIXED: Rollover info labels are now displayed correctly when hovering over docking and landing icons.
UPDATED: Added additional info to the star system object list in the upper left HUD that displays the [NEAREST] jump point.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/3605603753237611161

Progress update - The Trade-Net
Apr 13 @ 4:19pm - Stellar Tactics
474fa60374ea7595b90ab03b0c7efe45665d904c.png

A progress update on the Trade-Net today. Things are moving along nicely and the universe-side code is completed. I'm wrapping up the UI and will start working on handling accepted contracts and deliver/retrieving contract trade goods this week. Here is a short video showing some of the work that has been done:

The trade net uses a network of placed beacons. Beacons have been in the game for a while now and many of you may have fairly large networks of these devices. The larger the network, the more options you have to find the best deals.

Initially, these could only be used for fast travel between systems. You likely use them to travel back and forth between mission locations or to your favorite home system where you store goods and ships. With the trade-net update, these beacons will start sending data to the trade-net so you find the best places to buy and sell trade goods, ore, and refined ore. A ship with a good-sized cargo hold can make excellent money traveling between systems trading all kinds of goods.

For those of you interested in smuggling, there will be an option to have your Trade-Net "hacked" so it will show contraband items (like the Kchor Brandy shown above). Traveling with these items in your cargo hold is risky. Raiders may spawn and scan your cargo, trade stations may force you to pay a fine if you have these goods in your cargo hold and will seize these goods. A high electronics skill can help avoid detection. There may also be a few ship upgrades just for smugglers.

I'll keep you posted as I make progress. I'm hoping to get this out for everyone sometime in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, here is a list of the latest patch notes since the last announcement. Thank you for supporting Stellar Tactics!

4/5/19
Stability fixes:
--Capped framerate at 60fps - I'll look into uncapping FPS during late alpha. In general, capping the framerate at 60 keeps the physics engine (and overall framerate) stable on higher-end systems with fast CPU's/GPU's and high refresh monitors. The game actually plays much smoother for me running at a 144hz.
--Clearing some dynamic data before level loads.
--Integrated the latest Steam API for stability, upcoming achievements and other plans I have for the game.
--Removed a few files that that game does not need (may have been causing conflicts on some systems).

FIXED: A bug related to autosaves on the Dauntless.
FIXED: A bug related to volumetric effect coloration in certain star systems.
FIXED: Rollover info labels are now displayed correctly when hovering over docking and landing icons.
UPDATED: Added additional info to the star system object list in the upper left HUD that displays the [NEAREST] jump point.

3/25/19
FIXED: When exiting Dauntless the game was generating two autosaves.
FIXED: When leaving the Dauntless,
FIXED: The number of items in ship cargo holds could be displayed incorrectly in rare cases. Cargo volume is now correctly displayed in the vendor UI, when viewed in the ship cargo UI and in purchased cargo storage. If you have a current save that displays incorrect cargo volume, this patch should resolve the problem.

3/24/19
FIXED: A display error for perk bonuses to the weaponry skill. Specifically bonuses applied to reload speed and efficiency displayed on the ship screen under "Skill Bonus"
FIXED: Targeting a planet and traveling to FTL space then clicking the upper right info panel even if it displayed "No Target" would display the info panel with bad info.
FIXED: Placing a beacon and then deleting another beacon would cause the beacons list to not display the most recently placed beacon.
FIXED: Display of number of drones deployed and in inventory in the log->drone UI
FIXED: The game would lock up while hacking if you had perks selected from the auto-hack line at higher levels (Mystic Keycard, Master Key etc.) when those perks were triggered.

3/18/19
FIXED: Rare random lockup when entering or leaving combat.
FIXED: A bug related to populating the star map search data based on your location in the universe. This could have made it hard to find purchased ships located at remote stations.
FIXED: A bug that would add an empty character between the save name and time played values in the save UI when overwriting an existing save.
FIXED: Deleting saves while in the save game UI could cause a bad entry in the save list.

3/13/19
Resolved issues with several instances where opening a menu and not closing it would cause the game to lock up. Specifically:
--Opening the Drone Manager from the log screen and then pressing the ESC key or any other key that would navigate you to inventory, character information etc. would lock up the game. Thanks again for the reports.
--Opening the "Reputation" menu from the log screen and then pressing the ESC key or any other key that would navigate you to inventory, character information etc. would lock up the game.
--A change to the core AI architecture

Morkar Left

The game is in alpha but already a lot is done (besides the story / missions). But it still needs finetuning, some new icon art and all the rest of the gameplay. But from the scope and design of the game it's basically my dream space rpg...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1649917420741725375/
Trade-Net, refining and mining perks
The work is finally done and I'm currently testing everything, making a few last tweaks and gathering some feedback from a few folks on the build. Hope to have this to you all soon, perhaps a couple of days. This was a pretty big project all-in-all.

Community Created Artwork for Steam Artwork
By: Stellar Tactics

Thank you all for being patient. Hope you have a great weekend!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/1603756162535462596
9 May @ 1:43am - Stellar Tactics
0867a72d3d4607fd53f9370e2727de194b3525fb.gif

Here are the notes for the latest content patch. This patch introduces the Trade-Net, refining and mining perks. Hope you enjoy the changes. If you do find any bugs or issues, please post on the bug sub-forum and I’ll look into it.
https://youtu.be/NBTXbRg3iu8
Added the Trade Net:
The Trade-Net is a marketplace where goods are sold by various orbiting stations across the universe. Trade Stations issue buy and sell contracts for goods required by the population of that system. These goods are transferred between orbiting stations and planetary colonies.

The Trade-Net is not available until you leave Achmedius and place at least one beacon near a Jump Point in another system. Once you place a beacon in another star system, Achmedius will be added along with any other star systems where beacons are placed. If you have already placed beacons in an existing save, the entire available Trade-Net will be visible when you load that save.

Trade contracts are delivered through the cargo storage terminal on stations. Cargo storage has been revised so it opens immediately without the need to purchase storage. If you want to buy cargo storage at a station, just open the cargo storage terminal and select the option to purchase storage. Delivering or retrieving purchased Trade-Net items is as simple as traveling to the station where the trade contract was placed and retrieving or placing the cargo in storage. The contract(s) are completed when closing the cargo storage menu. Cargo storage has a new area at the bottom of the UI that displays delivery contract information.

A few notes related to the addition of the trade-net.
  • Over time, the number of trade goods in any available contract on the trade-net are reduced as AI merchants accept orders.
  • Trade goods and refined ore cannot be bought from or sold to vendors, only traded via the trade net. These items will not be displayed in the vendor interface.
  • Mining and mining drones now have a slightly lower chance of collecting rare earth minerals and rare ore to offset market pricing.
  • The amount of ore retrieved while mining, especially at higher levels has been adjusted.
  • Mining drones sell ore at a reduced price now that the Trade-Net is in the game to balance the economy. Retrieving ore, refining it and then selling it is the most profitable path - however, automated drones still generate significant income.
  • Commodity merchants and ore vendors have been removed from trade stations now that the Trade-Net is implemented. They may come back as something new when crafting goes in the game. Ore can still be sold to vendors, though using the trade net to find the best price is likely more profitable.
  • The ore vendor on Hurzog Mining is now a general merchant. Scarby's dialog has been revised to reflect that.
  • If a beacon is placed in a hostile system, trade data is not streamed to the Trade-Net for that system. You cannot trade with hostile factions.
  • You gain a small amount of mining experience for refining.
  • Gas nodes on planets have been removed and replaced with mineral nodes. I may look at gas mining again at some point in the future.
Added Refining:
You can purchase and equip a refinery on your ship. Refineries let you convert raw ore to refined ore – a more valuable commodity. Refined ore is used for crafting items and across the universe for building stations, colonies, and goods. You can purchase and equip a refinery at any ship equipment vendor. Like all ship equipment, refineries are ship specific so you cannot swap them between ships. Refineries equip to your ships “hardware mount point”.

You can refine anywhere - in mission areas, in space, it doesn't matter - as long as you have ore in your cargo hold. So, you could have a ship with a large cargo hold full of ore and go complete a ground mission while all that ore is being refined.

Mining perks:
Mining perks have been added to the game. There are three lines - Drones, Refining and Mining. Each gives you bonuses to various functions of each of these utilities. For example, selecting drone perks will give you bonuses to drone mining speed and the quality of ore mined by drones. If you already have high enough skill levels in mining, you can assign perks to the skill line as usual in the character information screen. Just select mining from the list on the right and the perk choices will be available.

An important note, mining queues off the crew member assigned to the weaponry station. So, bonuses are derived from this crew member and the perks assigned to them.

Also, bonuses to the speed of your mining turrets are derived from both the level of mining skill and the perks assigned to the crew member in the weaponry station. Those bonuses are applied to your turrets reload speed. A high mining skill and selections from the mining perk line will produce ore at very high rates at high skill levels.

Smuggling deserves more than just a simple on/off switch. I'll be adding a bit of storyline very soon that will allow you to unlock smuggling. Contraband items are in the game now for the trade-net, however, they are hidden until I do a bit more work on this system.

There is now a very small chance that you will be attacked by hostile ships when entering a star system. You will be warned if this is the case and have a few seconds to put your shields up or micro-warp away from that area. The chance of this happening is slightly higher if you have active delivery contracts.

Guide entries have been added to the in-game guide for the Trade-Net and Refining. You can find the guide by pressing “H” and selecting the “Guide” button at the top of that screen.

General fixes:
FIXED: In large open areas, a very long path was generated in some cases for the selected PC that would cause the framerate to drop.
FIXED: In some cases, loot dropped by enemies could not be selected if the loot dropped on a stairway near a door.
FIXED: A dupe exploit related to cargo storage.
FIXED: Incorrect info displayed in a few rollover labels.
FIXED: A bug related to recruiting a heavy weapons NPC that would overwrite the primary PC's ranged weapon ammo type. This fix is not retroactive.
FIXED: You can now eject cargo while in FTL space.
FIXED: The cargo volume label at the bottom of the center ship panel now updates correctly as ore/cargo are added.
FIXED: The beacon icon in the lower left of the screen while in space now disappears correctly when moving away from a jump point.
FIXED: Drone menu in space and in the log->map window now responds to the ESC key to close the menu.
FIXED: Opening and then closing the Steam overlay would break movement at ground locations until ESC or a menu was opened or closed.
UPDATED: The cargo list on the ship info screen now updates every second. The number of cargo items is also updated.
UPDATED: When rolling over systems on the star map, system names in the info popup with a "*" next to their name have a beacon placed.
UPDATED: Cargo storage terminals now have a unique icon on the radar.
UPDATED: Adjusted rollover info for ship equipment so it's clear that the equipment fits ship type, not ship class.

Stellar Tactics
[developer] 9 May @ 11:03pm

No plans for building stations or any other construction - other than having your own station built at some point (if I have time). I only mention that above so you know why stations are buying refined ore ;)

Stellar Tactics
[developer] 9 May @ 11:01pm

Hi Drakken - Perks stack, so multiple perks from a single line like mining, will give you more of a bonus. So, in that case you have +10% mining speed and +10% to rare ore if you select both.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1651043958636644432/
Patch incoming - 5/10/19
I'll be posting a patch shortly. This patch will reset the Trade-Net. By that I mean, any accepted trade contracts will be removed from the trade net list for the loaded save and the entire trade-net will be reset with new buy/sell contracts. Buy sell contract price variances for commodities will initially be fairly similar, but will diverge over time as contracts are regenerated.

When first loading your save, it may take a few more seconds than usual to load the area - I'm just doing some background processing to remove some old data from your save (if there is any).

• If you have active delivery trades - they will be removed. You will need to find a new buyer for your goods.
  • If you have active pickup trades (contracts to pick up goods that you already purchased) - they will be removed and you will be refunded the amount of your initial purchase price for those goods.

This was necessary to fix a legacy bug in older savegames with some trade stations that no longer exist in players saves. These stations were generating trade contracts that could not be fulfilled. Sorry for the inconvenience. No credits will be lost in the reset.

FIXED: Over time, Trade-Net contracts were being removed and not regenerating.
FIXED: In some cases, the color coding and arrow display in the contracts area of the trade net was being displayed incorrectly.
FIXED: The stacked item slider is now fixed in cargo storage.
FIXED: Phosphate can no longer be purchased for zero credits.
FIXED: Skills that are capped at 100 skill level now correctly display a full bar of skill experience in the character info hud.
FIXED: If you had a max skill of 100 in mining, you can now select mining perks
FIXED: If you have the current maximum friendly status with a faction, the faction bars in the upper left character hud and the log->map now correctly display as full. I expect that I will be adding additional tiers of faction in the future. Faction continues to be accrued even when at maximum with any faction and that is intended.

I'm still looking for bugs, edge-cases or gotchas. If you do find anything, please post on the bug forums and I'll address any issues promptly. I'll also be playing the game quite a bit this week with an eye to tune the trade-net a and see if margins need adjusting (I'm sure they do), knocking out a few known bugs on my list and generally decompressing and getting ready for the next set of roadmap features.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/1595876762841364504
Patch day - Smuggling, objective tracker and faction warfare
1 Jun @ 4:21pm - Stellar Tactics
2e8456564319d274e13dc461710d9d4bd48a1921.png

Patch day - a few updates and fixes this week.

23a2cc85b23a977d45c951c775026b64da7b1cdc.png

You can now unlock Smuggling. Speak with Forley Coresh on the Achmedius Trade Station to start your career. Smuggling is a fairly dangerous career and you will be harassed by Raiders and Scavvers if you have active contraband contracts. I recommend a starship with decent weapons, shields and balanced power systems. This is a great career for those of you who want to make money from trading smuggled goods and of course from all that loot you are going to find by eliminating the enemy ships that attack you. For now, you do not need to worry about The Authority (not in the game yet). I have a few interesting plans for the smuggling system including a few ship enhancements, timed smuggling missions and extended story content related to The Syndicate. If you read the dialog carefully, you might notice an intro to future story content and a long-standing mystery surrounding the loss of your crew, depending on the options you choose.

Smuggling requires a large Trade-Net to be effective - so place beacons in every system you find with orbiting stations. Contraband goods are traded all over the universe, but not as often as normal commodities.

Ships may attack each other now. You can join in and help or ignore these skirmishes. In some cases, if you do decide to help, you have a good chance of finding loot from dropped cargo containers. Rarely, regardless of whether you engage or not, cargo containers are dropped from these ships and you may find them floating in space. This is the start of the faction warfare system (just the start) and these engagements are generally between the various factions and Scavvers and Raiders entering and leaving systems.

I've added a mission and contract tracker to the HUD when traveling in space. You can now see active missions or trade contracts on this list. While in FTL space, you can select any destination and the Star System the mission or contract is located in will automatically be selected in the info panel so you can click the approach icon and fly to that system. If you are in Star System that has a mission or contract, selecting an item in the tracker will select the planet or station where the mission or contract is located so you can easily approach that location without needing to open the log to reference mission information. The tracker is also useful for translocating as it displays contract destinations and commodities in the list.

And one last thing - a surprise for those of you playing the game...no spoilers. I'm sure you will notice immediately.

If you find any problems with this build, please post on the bug forums and I'll address the issues promptly.

Patch notes:
ADDED: A short mission that unlocks Smuggling. Speak with Forley Coresh on the Achmedius Trade Station. He will help you start your new career.
ADDED: The Objective Tracker. All missions and Trade-Net contracts (buy/sell) are now displayed in the objective tracker while in space. The tracker can be opened/closed using an icon on the right center of the space exploration UI. Selecting a tracker mission or contract entry will display the targeted star system, planet or station in the info panels so you can easily navigate to the destination. Selecting an item in the tracker will:
1) Target the destination planet or station if you are in the same Star System where the mission/contract is located
2) Target the destination Star System if you are in FTL space

UPDATED: Increased the min/max base margin values for the Trade-Net across the board. This means there will be lower sale prices and higher buy prices available depending on the size of your network. These adjustments will become available over time as trade contracts are refreshed.
UPDATED: When translocating using Jump Points, ship fusion cells are now used instead of ground weapon fusion cells. The cost is still the same - 5 fusion cells per jump.
UPDATED: Incursions now only provide a positive faction bonus for the faction that initiated the incursion.
UPDATED: Faction rewards in space combat adjusted:
--Incursions generate higher individual faction bonuses for the faction that assigned the incursion. Additional factions (factions other than the assigning faction ) no longer generate faction bonuses. It was too easy to gain alignment with other main powers in the Universe while doing work for a specific faction.
--Destroyed ships from non-incursion attacks in hostile systems will only generate negative faction based on that system.
--Destroying ships that are not part of an incursion and not direct attacks in hostile systems will generate single digit faction bonuses for all non-aligned factions and normal negative faction based on the ship destroyed
UPDATED: Trade in values when buying a new ship increased. Note that CHA applies to all ship purchases decreasing the price of buying a ship and increasing the value of your trade-in. This has always been the case.
UPDATED: You now have a much lower chance of being attacked when you have an active delivery contract if that contract is not contraband. A higher chance of being attacked by Raiders and Scavvers if you have an active contraband delivery contract.

FIXED: A lockup when docking at stations, planets and translocating if under enemy ship fire.
FIXED: A rare crash related to enemy ship beam weapons.
FIXED: Incursions will now reward faction for the system where the incursion is taking place, regardless of whether the system is a main or sub-faction.
FIXED: A very rare persistent yellow particle effect left in the scene after space combat.
FIXED: Old auto-saves - that is auto-saves created before the new auto-save system (rotating between 4 dedicated save files) are no longer displayed in the load/save menu. This will clean up save lists for players with games that were created all the way back to the start of Early Access.

Thank you all for supporting the development of Stellar Tactics. Have a great weekend!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1640913421073304071/
Patch incoming - 6/6/19 - Merc preview, deploy beacons from FTL space and a few fixes
A few fixes today and a couple of updates:

Mercs now charge an initial fee to join you. This fee starts fairly low at the beginning of the game. As you progress, the highest level mercs can be very expensive. There is no upkeep charge for mercs, just the one-time initial fee.

You can now preview a mercs skills. Once you speak with a potential crew member, they will display a new menu where you can see all of their skills listed and how much they will charge to join your crew. As always, once they join your crew, you can change their portrait, name, and voice by adding them to your ground crew and clicking on their portrait in the inventory or character information screens.

You can now place beacons in star systems in FTL space. Just target the system, approach to within entry range and the beacon icon will be displayed in the lower left of the screen as always. You cannot destroy beacons from FTL space or translocate. Those still require that you approach a jump point. You can still place beacons from within a star system by approaching a jump point. This should make it easier for players to expand their trade-net.

If a system has a beacon placed in that system, a "*" is placed at the end of the star systems name to make it easier to identify systems on the FTL map that already have beacons placed.

FIXED: The objective tracker now correctly targets the mission return location if an agent mission is completed.
FIXED: Agent mission return destinations in the objective tracker now correctly targets a planets surface or station depending on where the mission was originally accepted. This is not retroactive, so previous missions, if taken on a planet surface, will target stations.
FIXED: A error with default FTL drives that was calculating base FTL speed incorrectly. This fix is not retroactive so if you do have a "Stock" FTL drive that seems faster than other quality level FTL drives available for sale, you get to keep it. You will likely want to swap out that FTL drive eventually when sub-system damage goes in the game for a FTL drive with higher HP.
FIXED - Old autosaves are no longer displayed in the save game menu.
FIXED - When swapping crew members in and out of your active crew, it was possible that perks from the previous crew member would be assigned/enabled on a crew member that had not selected those perks.
FIXED - A bug that was not correctly displaying shield bonuses from the electronics station (perks etc.) unless the crew member was in the active ground crew.
FIXED - A bug related to recruiting NPC crew members gaining incorrect Hand2Hand skill for secondary weapon if that was their specialty.
FIXED - Closed out a number of bugs related to the Trade-Net displaying incorrect contract target system information. This rarely resulted in arriving in a system that was not the correct destination target.
ADDED - Added the old music into the music track list for space and ground exploration.
ADDED - you can now preview mercs before recruiting them. Mercs now cost an initial fee based on their level. High-level mercs can be very expensive, so fill out your crew early in the game.
UPDATED - An increase in the base number of trade goods vendors buy/sell.
UPDATED - The last audio track played in an area is saved and loaded the next time you load an area.
UPDATED - You can now place beacons on the FTL map. When you get close enough to a star system, the beacon icon will be displayed in the lower left of the screen. Target the system, open the beacon menu and you can place a beacon in the targeted system. You cannot destroy beacons or translocate using the beacon menu on the FTL map. This should help players quickly build a larger Trade-Net.
UPDATED - When in FTL space, star system labels now display a "*" next to their name if a beacon has already been placed in this system. It should make it easy to identify systems where you could place a beacon to expand your Trade-Net.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/2430169961239959519

The map, experience adjustments and bug fixes
15 JUN @ 1:10AM - STELLAR TACTICS
862dbc7c846e5ddc49673d92e5509be0eb394cba.jpg

I'm adding the ground exploration map today. This is likely the most requested feature from players since I first started gathering feedback. It includes fog of war, zoom, and scrolling. I hope you all enjoy the update.

I'm also including increased experience for space combat, first-aid and hacking skills. If you do find any issues with this patch, please post in the bug forums. Here are the patch notes:

ADDED: Added the map.
--The map includes fog of war so you can view where you have been.
--Zoom, scroll, center.
--You can see various icons like mission markers, vendors, faction agents, exits, mercenaries, etc. A "legend" for the various icons which match the radar is available on the map.
--Persistent data. Wherever you go in the universe, your tracked progress is saved.
--Your saved key binds have been replaced so I could remap "M" as the default key for the map. The crew manager has been moved to "J".
--The in-game help screen and guide have been updated to match the new default keys.

FIXED: When exploring ground locations with a single crew member, the game will no longer crash when manually entering or leaving combat.
FIXED: A bug that could generate ship equipment when turning in agent missions. This would place ship equipment in general inventory instead of the cargo bay - breaking rollover info and a few other things. NPC's now have a brief cooldown period before you can interact with them when an area loads. IMPORTANT - If you do find any ship equipment in your general inventory (not in your cargo bay), you should drag that item to the trash and delete it. These items cannot be sold or used.
FIXED: "Gadolinium" added to the commodities market. Trade contracts for this item will start to appear over time.
UPDATED: Reduced space skill experience requirements per level.
UPDATED: Mercenaries now display a bright yellow dot on the radar and map so they can be distinguished from other regular NPC's on stations around the universe.
UPDATED: Hacking and First aid skill progression will now continue even if you are at the level cap.
UPDATED: Reduced hacking and first-aid experience requirements per level.
UPDATED: Improved dynamic shadow resolution.

Morkar Left

Anyone played this lately to comment on how the game is? Just noticed it was on steam sale.

I would say buy it. Not finished yet but cool. Don't expect an X-com tactical game. It's an rpg besides the name.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1642041106355262306/
Patch incoming - 6/27/19
A few fixes today. I'm going to branch now and dedicate my time to the crafting system. I'll address any urgent issues as needed. If you do find any issues, please post on the bug forums here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

The patch should be posted shortly.

FIXED: A bug that could override the framerate cap of 60FPS needed for physics engine stability.
FIXED: Damage values displayed in the character portraits during combat now fit correctly.
FIXED: In some rare cases - dialog at Craysons Depot could not be triggered.
FIXED: When traveling to the very edge of the universe, enemy AI in ground combat should now work as intended.
FIXED: Display of information for scanned planets in neutral systems that have planetary bases in deep space (level 100 areas).
FIXED: A few typos in log entries.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Going against my rule of not buying unfinished games,i bought it at the steam sale.
I played an old version of it in 2017,has the ground combat improved?
Any tips?prob my main char will be a rifle grunt.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/1594754668658517368
Progress update and Patch
12 Jul @ 8:27pm - Stellar Tactics
A few fixes and QoL requests addressed today. The patch should be posted shortly. As always, if you find any bugs/issues, please post on the bug forums. I'll address any critical issues promptly.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

Just a note about the crafting and salvaging system. The paper design is nearly complete. I should start implementing these systems next week starting with the base salvaging system related to inventory items (junk, weapons, armor, turrets, etc.). From there I'll start implementing the crafting system using those salvaged items. I'll provide more details in a post at some point as I get closer to finalizing the system. I don't want to make any promises until I have it fully working and have time to test and tweak things.

Crafting will not be just a matter of adding x + y + z to create a new finished item. There will be multiple stages of crafting similar to:
  • Setup - Setup the crafting table with salvaged components, and resources of varying qualities
  • Process - Process the components using various resources
  • Finish - Finish the crafting session enhancing the item and adding stats, bonuses, slots etc with remaining CP (crafting points)

I'll keep everyone posted as I make progress.

FIXED: Completed eliminate missions now display the green "cleared" state on the mission objective map if an area is cleared after the primary "eliminate" mission objective is completed.
FIXED: Hacking tool no longer displays stats. All hacking bonuses were moved to perks a while ago.
FIXED: If you were queuing up attacks and ran out of ammo when using the combat queue - the game would lock up and you would need to reload a save to continue. Bad bug - thanks for reporting it!
FIXED: A very rare case where some system configurations could not load required DLL's at the start of the game causing a forced exit when clicking past the EA display screen.
FIXED: A bug that would display "NONE" in the dialog field instead of Dr. Emily Jensen while in the Ruins.
FIXED: A number of typos.
UPDATED: Key binds would not allow binding of the up and down arrow keys. All key binds have been reset and you will need to re-map your keys. I am looking into key binds for grenades and med-kits for a future patch.
UPDATED: When a weapon is equipped, mod slots are now clearly labeled in the weapon mod slots menu as "Mod slot not available". This should make it less confusing when players try to identify equipped weapons that actually have mod slots.
UPDATED: Added arrows to the portraits on the character information and inventory screens so you can scroll through active crew members with the mouse rather than using the F1-F4 keys. The F1-F4 keys still work if you prefer to use them.
UPDATED: Adjusted ship materials so they load faster resulting in less hitching when NPC ships are loaded in star systems and the FTL map.
ADDED: "Steering" mode for ships. Holding the left and right mouse buttons will now place the camera behind and slighting above the ship. You can move your mouse in any direction to steer the ship in this mode. Additionally, the left and right turn keys used while in steering mode will accelerate turns. Releasing the mouse buttons will return control to the normal state.

Thanks as always for supporting Stellar Tactics and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey, first time I'm noticing this kick-ass art:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/2783708311864247372

Progress update - Crafting and ship interiors
16 AUG @ 11:29PM - STELLAR TACTICS

f4436f8b5484811db71f873865f57d9aa95d3170.jpg

I’m posting a work in progress video today that shows the salvaging portion of the crafting system which is nearly complete. I still have a bit of work to do on the UI and balancing. The video also shows the first completed ship interior for the boarding system. More details below.

Crafting requires components and the salvaging system lets you mark items in your inventory, stash and cargo hold for disassembly. As you disassemble items, you will gather crafting components and the finishing items you will need to craft equipment for your ships and crew.

You can salvage items anywhere. That is, you do not need to travel to a salvaging station to break items into component parts. Initially, I was going to tie salvaging to a static salvaging station that would be on your ship and space stations. I felt it would be a lot more useful if you could do this at any time, clearing inventory of excess equipment and vendor junk items. Crafting material storage is infinite so you won’t need to worry about max inventory for these items.

Equipment – When disassembling equipment, you will gain salvaging experience, component parts, finishing items and progress towards learning a locked crafting schematic for that item type (based on the quality of the item).

Junk items – Junk items generate finishing materials. These will be used in the finishing stage of crafting to assign stats, weapon min/max damage values, and other bonuses to equipment. In general, crafting an item can result in a finished item with bonuses and stats that are better than any item you can buy or find in the game.

I’ll be starting on the crafting portion of the system next now that I can generate crafting components. This will take a while and I hope you all enjoy the system when it’s finished.

Ship interiors are being worked on. These interiors will be used for a number of purposes:
  • Boarding: Disable a ship and enter through the airlock. Various doors to be hacked, hostile enemies defending their ships and objects that need to be repaired – not to mention loot and the ability to sell these ships for profit.

• Missions: There will be a number of missions that may pop up as a communication from a disabled ship, rescues and a few other scenarios that will require entering other ships.

• Your home: Ships will serve as a place to store goods, interact with the crew and craft items.
That’s all I have for now. Thanks as always for supporting Stellar Tactics!

Andhaira

Arcane
Still hovering over buying, as I have plenty of games yet to finish/get bored off on my plate and this is still in EA, but I'm finding it harder to resist.

Is the turn based combat good? As in, really good?

Morkar Left

Still hovering over buying, as I have plenty of games yet to finish/get bored off on my plate and this is still in EA, but I'm finding it harder to resist.

It's pretty standard turnbased combat for an RPG. It's no tactics game if you're looking for that. I enjoyed it (waiting for more updates and more into historical / fantasy again atm).

If you lurking around all the time to buy I would say watch an LP or go for it and try for yourself. It was fun for me to see the early parts, the promising development and what it could turn out to be (aka best tb isometric space rpg to date).

Andhaira

Arcane

It's pretty standard turnbased combat for an RPG. It's no tactics game if you're looking for that. I enjoyed it (waiting for more updates and more into historical / fantasy again atm).

If you lurking around all the time to buy I would say watch an LP or go for it and try for yourself. It was fun for me to see the early parts, the promising development and what it could turn out to be (aka best tb isometric space rpg to date).

How far do you think it is from being done? As in, out of early access and a stable build with all features added and no threat of saves being incompatible or deleted with updates?

Morkar Left

How far do you think it is from being done? As in, out of early access and a stable build with all features added and no threat of saves being incompatible or deleted with updates?

I would say it's a stable build to have some fun but he is still working on core features... If you want to play with a save game from now till the game is finished I wouldn't count on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom