Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Seriously, WTF?! The Swede strikes again.

Dp3MoimW4AILP3b

Last edited:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
IIRC, in (pre- Mickey Mouse) Star Wars inbreeding was possible between humans and the so called "near-humans", who were themselves genetic off shoots of the human race.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Personally the part that I think is the most amusing is the immigrant attraction bonus, since all the perverts want a piece of this action. And really, space technology might as well be space magic (and it's not like Stellaris doesn't literally have space magic and space magic apocalypse).

PS: As far as I remember, the original trilogy never gave any consideration to if Han and Chewie could have wookie babies.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
At least Stellaris made interspecies crossbreeding a trait - a common goal to which entire species will strive, to fuck all and everything in the galaxy.
Now I FINALLY can have a repugnant tentacled or arachnid sexual enslavers.

Vaarna_Aarne

Human space fungus interbreeding probably involves some pretty nasty space yeast infections.

EDIT: All this really makes me think is that there really needs to be a species trait to allow interbreeding regardless of technology. It could lead to some fairly amusing empires.

"We will invade your worlds, make sweet love down by the fire to add your genetics to our own, and then send you exes to become soylent green."

Way I figure it, they needed something else to give Xenophiles something cool to do, everyone else's is far cooler:

- Exterminate the Xeno by going down there and hunting them like a safari
- Destroy xenos from orbit
- Devour the Xeno; turn filthy aliens into part of your staple diet
- Pick Post-Apoc Fanatic Xenophobes and engage in "Terrorforming" - bombard entire planets into Tomb Worlds, turning it into an utopia for your post-apoc survivors. I hear the blood, ashes, tear and crystallized terror of Xeno pops makes the fruits tastier.
- Enslave xenos
- Engage in full EXTERMNATUS
- Make Xenos eat the Ice Cream.
- Lock them inside their own planet where they can scream and knock at the force field around their planet forever in anger
- Literally shoot holy conversion at the Xenos

This needs a "Mehmet, my son" meme.

"You have reached a turning point for our species"
"Will you construct gigantic structures to harness the power of entire stars?"
"Or will you ascend to a higher form of consciousness"
"*fucks a blob monster*"

EDIT: And done:

YZJw2ij.png

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Personally the part that I think is the most amusing is the immigrant attraction bonus, since all the perverts want a piece of this action. And really, space technology might as well be space magic (and it's not like Stellaris doesn't literally have space magic and space magic apocalypse).

Well fair enough, it's a tech that needs to be researched, so I guess it's fine. Definitely better than Kirk just Kirkin' around.

Vaarna_Aarne

Not a tech, a perk.

And it's definately a pretty useful perk, since as mentioned earlier there's real use for it when it comes to going full Bene Gesserit. Though I doubt you can hybrid your hybrids, or at least not in a way where you can get +2 trait points to no end. Still, it does mean that your bioengineering empire will have incentive to cultivate purpose-designed hybrids.

Though I suppose it's just another add-on to the pile of possible Evil Empire paths, since you'd basically be running a dystopian society where central command desires only to create near-perfect organisms (including near-perfect for eating), while consigning the original species to special "reserve worlds" (read: Penal colonies for storing population for later transfer) while expanding the genetic caste hybrids to edges of space. You'd initially just want a worker hybrid, a scientist hybrid, a soldier hybrid, and a leader hybrid, but eventually you'd probably start specializing these too for teh lulz (add genetic engineering on top of hybridization for each case too). Though this does mean that hybrids need to be able to increase their own numbers, but I suppose it is possible otherwise if you just micro enough (just means those penal colonies are instead worlds used solely for breeding hybrids). I figure Authoritarian Materialist Xenophile is the ethos combo, with perk selection aiming for Evolution Mastery and Xeno-Compatibility as priority.

You could call it "Dark Rainbow" or "Rapebow Empire" campaign or something. At the very least on thought level presented here it sounds like a pretty fun addition to Evil Empires of the slaver sort ("Oh no, our galaxy is assailed by evil totalitarian sex perverts!"). Only real problem I could see is really just that it's possible you probably don't actually need that much in terms of base species provided you just get the perfect base mixture of appropriate negative traits. If Serviles trait is passed to hybrids, you basically won't need any farmer and miner base species (eventually you'll just create two nerve-stapled specialized miners and farmers out of this mix anyway, or at least miners if you've got your rapidly breeding livestock hybrid ready). Same thing with Uplifted basically, provided by the time you do it (if you do it) you have your leader hybrids entrenched. It'd also depend quite a bit on early succesful conquests, so you can get to the breeding program in full swing once you get the perk.

Brinko

Arcane
Thinking about picking this up once the new patch drops and seeing how it changes everything but one question I have is can I do psionics for my main race but gene mod slave races or are the two mutually exclusive to not allow obvious abuse?

Thinking about picking this up once the new patch drops and seeing how it changes everything but one question I have is can I do psionics for my main race but gene mod slave races or are the two mutually exclusive to not allow obvious abuse?

Psionics applies to all race in your empire and genemodding can be done to all non-android races. Unlocking psionics and advanced genemodding (with stronger trait options and more trait points) is mutually exclusive. You can however do hijinks with giving your pops to another empire to be made into cyborgs and/or psionics then take them back and do advanced genemodding yourself, getting uber psionic cyborgs as a result. Though it requires so much time (AI never takes ascensions ASAP, only accidentally through random chance) and effort (have to basically repopulate your entire empire from scratch) that it isn't practically worthwhile.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People play this shit still?! From what i see in the steam chart it is the lowest played paradox game and the numbers are dropping still. Did they add anything to do or is the same shit as on release. I read somewhere that they even took shit out of the game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I walways play xenophobes and it won't be useful to me but I still welcome that. Especially for motivation when you lose a war and your enslaved population is raped and spawn some degenerative offspring.
It is literally a Space Spanish Reconquista.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Stream showed some edicts:
Population control - people stop procreating. now this works on a planet basis.
Expell excess population - GIT THE FUCK FROM MY EGYPT, KIKES!
Which means good old Dindu-bomb is here again. When you created absolutely awful repugnant slow, shitty but super-fast breeding pops and infected other empires with them. Back then, you had to gift other empires a planet with space niggers, now you can make a planet with this crap and expell dindus from time to time as they will literally became refugees and will settle in other empires.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stream showed some edicts:
Population control - people stop procreating. now this works on a planet basis.
Expell excess population - GIT THE FUCK FROM MY EGYPT, KIKES!
Which means good old Dindu-bomb is here again. When you created absolutely awful repugnant slow, shitty but super-fast breeding pops and infected other empires with them. Back then, you had to gift other empires a planet with space niggers, now you can make a planet with this crap and expell dindus from time to time as they will literally became refugees and will settle in other empires.
Sounds like the Star Trek mod should finally allow you to breed Tribbles and use them as a bioweapon.
:evilcodex:

Vaarna_Aarne

The troll species only works against UFP types tho, but it is nice to see it return and improved.

But those edicts also mean that you have exceptionally good ability to pursue the trans-species genetic mad science totalitarian empire. Very good ability to control the reproduction of now unnecessary merely evolved species and make room for genetically superior hybrids and their million chromosomes.

Norfleet

Here it comes, the MANBEARPIG Empire: Half Man, Half Bear, Half Pig!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom