Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
is the star trek mod out?
Since a long time.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688086068

I like the mod way better than the vanilla experience.
Since the game is about LARPing mostly anyway, what better way to do it than in your favourite scifi setting?
Any true Trekkie will also enjoy connecting the various events that happen in the game to the actual episodes they happened in - and yes, if you know what happens in the episode, you can sometimes make decisions with better outcomes. Although not all events are based on episodes, I think.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DqQUcmmX4AAJdUd.jpg:large

DLC? Expansion? Stellaris 2?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Megacorps have their own civics and some unique buildings. But severally limited by maximum empire size. New enclave "caravaneers", will use barter deals only.
Space communist and corporate voice sets.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
With foundry arcology you can LITERALLY build a forge world. A planet the size of 16 turned ecumenopoli can house 261 pops, without additional bonuses. but they cannod prodice any minerals on ecumenopolis, only food with hydroponic farms

Destroid

Arcane
With foundry arcology you can LITERALLY build a forge world. A planet the size of 16 turned ecumenopoli can house 261 pops, without additional bonuses. but they cannod prodice any minerals on ecumenopolis, only food with hydroponic farms

How is it a forge world if the only thing they can make is food?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
What I think this new system will be missing is the vital step between civilised worlds and ecumenopoli - hive worlds. Places which have arcologies, but aren't covered 100% with them yet, so can still extract minerals, etc, but cannot house a fuckhueg population.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
The only 4x i ever played was Alpha Centauri, is this game more complex?

Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away. This is one of the worst strategy games ever made. The biggest gaming disappointment in 5 years, not least because it means we will probably never get a real CK2 style grand strategy set in space. It's a far worse letdown than Pillars of Eternity or Tides of Numenera, which were merely mediocre in all respects. Instead, Stellaris is plain awful in every way except the graphics, which are just average. And it's all because of the utter incompetence of the designers. Everything about this game is retarded, from the original pitch of having Paradox make a straight MOO clone with no experience instead of a real grand strategy, to the breathtakingly abominable UI, to the idiocy of randomly generated races, to the game elements scavenged from random Paradox games and haphazardly assembled in a primitive tribesman's cargo cult idea of 4x gameplay. Every time I think of this unspeakable disaster of a game, my heart is stricken with grief at the thought of what could have been, if they had just let Doomdark make his CK2 in space. Such massive potential incline, lost forever like tears in rain. I appreciate what Wiz is trying to do, but it's like putting makeup on a harlequin baby. Just kill it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom