Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
J0jruXN.jpg

This is the ideal space empire for humans. You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

You could not be more wrong.
E13253D5E34E527D068C9D9D822A380D93B92918

EF48AF373644DC4A95DBC1D2BDF889C251759042

I cannot wait for megacorp.
Uh, what mod is that for the discworld? I want it.

Also, is it bad the only reason I play Stellaris is for the Star Trek: New Horizions mod? I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll wrap around Paradox's increasing scizophrenia in the next patch.

Hellion

Arcane
It's comedic how much the game changes after each major patch. I'm staring at my empire's capital planet in 2.2, and its resource modifiers pop-up is rather chaotic.

MFqzf0n.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
Modders are going to absolutely love the ability to create their own economies and resource production chains. Though it also means that mod compatibility is going to go way down as everyone creates different production chains.

It's comedic how much the game changes after each major patch.

True, but its a sign that the dev team of Stellaris knows when shit doesn't work anymore, and changes it.
Game got a massive overhaul with Apocalypse, now its getting a massive economic overhaul. Which will surely lead into Diplomacy next.

Stellaris is pretty decent if a bit barebones right now, but its heading to the right direction.
I find the whole thing a tad annoying to be honest. The changes happening to the game make it very fustrating to play after taking long breaks from it. It just feels like nothing is concrete. All those stratagies I worked out are invalid and I need to figure out the game all over again. The game already struggles with finding it's own identity and it can't even keep it's features straight.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You could not be more wrong.
E13253D5E34E527D068C9D9D822A380D93B92918

EF48AF373644DC4A95DBC1D2BDF889C251759042

I cannot wait for megacorp.
Okay I was laughing my ass off from the whole thing even before I noticed it, but the way Earth is flat is just perfect icing on the cake.

EDIT: Also why are the New World Order actually benevolent after all? This is nowhere near cartoonishly evil enough, or were all those conspiracies just for the entertainment of some hillbillies and yokels?

Delterius

Arcane
EDIT: Also why are the New World Order actually benevolent after all? This is nowhere near cartoonishly evil enough, or were all those conspiracies just for the entertainment of some hillbillies and yokels?
My friend, you'd do best to ignore all those pieces of anti reptilian propaganda from the 2000s. Our nibirian friends are fellow travellers in the ship of Earth. Rumours of speciest segregation in the upper echelons of Corporate Service are unfouded at best: even a very clever human could certainly ascend to become CEO! The fact is that in just a few centuries, our friends from the outer stars promised and delivered a new world order based on the perfect synergy of our species. Alone we couldn't do much, but together we stand to profit from the starts. What unsettling facts about science and the physiology of our planet were kept from common knowledge for the greater good of human psyche. And I for one am grateful to my nibirian betters for conducting all the intellectual tasks required for the future of civilization.

The idea is that the Nibirians are an extremely patronizing bunch who sees humans as their children. Not unlike the Arilou La'leelay from SC2. They won't outright enslave the human species out of a sense of inflate ego: nothing short of absolute perfect synergy can be expected from their perfect society. But below this veneer of benevolence, there's the conspicuous measures put in place: only nibirians can lead, only nibirians work non servile jobs, humans have been bred into an anti social species of proles via the internet and so on. It is more of a Brave New World than a 1984.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My friend, you'd do best to ignore all those pieces of anti reptilian propaganda from the 2000s. Our nibirian friends are fellow travellers in the ship of Earth. Rumours of speciest segregation in the upper echelons of Corporate Service are unfouded at best: even a very clever human could certainly ascend to become CEO! The fact is that in just a few centuries, our friends from the outer stars promised and delivered a new world order based on the perfect synergy of our species. Alone we couldn't do much, but together we stand to profit from the starts. What unsettling facts about science and the physiology of our planet were kept from common knowledge for the greater good of human psyche. And I for one am grateful to my nibirian betters for conducting all the intellectual tasks required for the future of civilization.

The idea is that the Nibirians are an extremely patronizing bunch who sees humans as their children. Not unlike the Arilou La'leelay from SC2. They won't outright enslave the human species out of a sense of inflate ego: nothing short of absolute perfect synergy can be expected from their perfect society. But below this veneer of benevolence, there's the conspicuous measures put in place: only nibirians can lead, only nibirians work non servile jobs, humans have been bred into an anti social species of proles via the internet and so on. It is more of a Brave New World than a 1984.
That still leaves the question of why they secretly made the Earth flat for shits and giggles.

Delterius

Arcane

That still leaves the question of why they secretly made the Earth flat for shits and giggles.
When they left Zeta Nibiru, these reptilians brought some experimental lifeseed equipment. After some centuries of discussion, it was decided that the aesthetics of a discworld is more valuable than gaia terraforming. And that a perfect environment would be conterproductive against the plans of utilizing the human species for spacefaring colonization.

Hellion

Arcane
Finally found the last artifact required to acquire the coordinates to the First League home planet, let us send a Science Ship there quickly before some other idiot explores it first and acquires the bonuses...

...unless, of course, the only way towards the system is through the closed borders of a Fallen Empire.

e7dW7LX.jpg

God dammit, Stellaris :negative:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I hate the cheating AI. Even when i optimize my building queue, even on the normal diff[comodore] i always end up with at most AI having superior fleet strength compared to mine. Or am i sucking so bad?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lol, they embargo'd that reddit post. What was in it?

I read it yesterday.

Top of the memory:

- The AI is not able to cope with all the features of Megacorp, at all. It barely uses the Galactic Market, for example.

- The AI is weak-sauce as hell and barely able to maintain itself and expand.

- A bunch of otherwise cool features are bugged.

- The interface for Branch Offices is immensely wonky.

In genenral, 2.2 Le Guin as that guy played, is pretty bugged.

The performance stuff sounds awful. Paradox can be semi-trusted to fix everything else within a few weeks but performance issues will undoubtedly linger on. Doubly awful considering part of the appeal of getting rid of tiles was that it could massive cut down the work the AI needed to do. If this guy can't get decent performance after 100 years on an i7 5930 then 90% of players are going to be completely fucked.

Why is it CK2 currently runs the best of any Paradox game when its arguably running the most complex simulation?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The AI sounds even worse than before, even though it has less calculations to make... No need to move pops around all the time etc. God damn it Paradox

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom