Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Stellaris going mobile?
This is a teaser screenshot from PDX:
EGqpOafW4AAXGuO.jpg:large

Looks like a mobile / touch UI to me.

This theory is further supported by the fact that PDX says there will be two Stellaris booths at PDXCon and that the PC and the console version will share one booth.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I can imagine a good Paradox game on mobile if the UI is done right and if its not a pay2win DLC fest. Unfortunately, Paradox's track record is abysmal on both points.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't you guys have phones?

Seems like suicide to hype something up just to announce it's a phone thing.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Pretty much any PDS game will benefit by patching in a little CK. Stellaris' leader/trait system had always been barebones and a massive weakpoint

Pretty much any PDS game will benefit by patching in a little CK. Stellaris' leader/trait system had always been barebones and a massive weakpoint

Agreed. This would tie in well with more international AND internal politics.

Game also generally needs more stuff going on that is out of totalitarian player control. Like governors getting kickbacks from all the smuggled alien trade, noblemen plotting, quislings getting paid to spy on your for alien invaders or military leaders pulling coups.

skaraher

Cipher
Still suffers from crippling endgame lags due to engine retardation. Also the economy overhaul made the AI sucks even more as they can't manage to not collapse under it. I was also surprised to see they removed different FTL travel types and the old system claiming systems. The new system lacks flavour and it's still easy to ignore expansion limitation and spam star station. Also machine empire are hilariously overpowered

They're just bad programmers. CKII makes Stellaris look like Minesweeper in complexity, has inferior graphics and YET, it manages to run far far better. Yeah I know CKII is the older game, but CKII has a giant map of Pretty Much Everything West of China and North of Somalia, with every single little barony being ruled over by someone and every single little barony and countdom is a entity into itself that includes a lot of characters doing all sorts of things as well as the people above them in ranking and all their religions, character links, constant map changes, epidemics, etc... it still runs far far better.

Yeah I know CKII is a bit more aggressive with character death for a while AND its the older game that has gotten a lot of optimization passes, BUT...

Then there's also EUIV which from top of my memory also runs far better than Stellaris while still being a pretty complex game (if not as procedural as CKII in its RPG-Strategy hybrid nature) and despicting the whole world. Its also not as old as CKII.

So really, what the fuck is wrong with Stellaris engine under the hood?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom