Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Every Paradox game since 2007 has used the same engine; Clausewitz.

That means precisely nothing. It's all about how the programmers on each individual game are deciding to process things.

skaraher

Cipher
They're just bad programmers. CKII makes Stellaris look like Minesweeper in complexity, has inferior graphics and YET, it manages to run far far better. Yeah I know CKII is the older game, but CKII has a giant map of Pretty Much Everything West of China and North of Somalia, with every single little barony being ruled over by someone and every single little barony and countdom is a entity into itself that includes a lot of characters doing all sorts of things as well as the people above them in ranking and all their religions, character links, constant map changes, epidemics, etc... it still runs far far better.

Yeah I know CKII is a bit more aggressive with character death for a while AND its the older game that has gotten a lot of optimization passes, BUT...

Then there's also EUIV which from top of my memory also runs far better than Stellaris while still being a pretty complex game (if not as procedural as CKII in its RPG-Strategy hybrid nature) and despicting the whole world. Its also not as old as CKII.

So really, what the fuck is wrong with Stellaris engine under the hood?

From what I gather with various complaints, their engine can't deal with pops overpopulation 'cause they run a shit ton of calculation for each pops (like checking every jobs available etc) Crusader Kings 2 and EU IV don't have a pop system.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
That means precisely nothing. It's all about how the programmers on each individual game are deciding to process things.

It means precisely what it was meant to mean. BS asked what's wrong with the Stellaris engine, and I noted for him that it's the same engine as CK2. I'm not defending said engine or saying there are no differences between its iterations.

It means precisely what it was meant to mean. BS asked what's wrong with the Stellaris engine, and I noted for him that it's the same engine as CK2. I'm not defending said engine or saying there are no differences between its iterations.

Stellaris can be considered to be using a different engine from CK2, engines are not precisely defined and CK2 is clearly significantly different from Stellaris.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

cVPKOBz.png

a cut of domestic sheep prime

you know, when I heard mobile version, I actually thought it would be something like giving people the ability to play on mobile too, which would suck because it'd be more dumbing down, but it'd at least be an attempt at serving the customer (not the *existing* PC customer, but you get the idea).

but this is really laughable. it's pretty clear they just tried to make a quick buck with their IP and failed spectacularly.

Hellion

Arcane
Meanwhile, Stellaris Galaxy Command is really just a reskin of Nova Empire: Space Command, a game released by Gamebear (the company in charge of Galaxy Command) a couple of years ago. You even find segments referencing the original game inside the Stellaris reskin:

Laziest job ever.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Imagine contacting their chink slaves about the stolen image. The chinks will probably never understand what's the problem. :lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom