Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Vatnik Wumao
What sort of moonspeak is this?

Edit: Wasn't expecting Greek. Originally thought that it was the transliteration of some Asian language in Latin script.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
DD origins list
Hello everyone!

In our previous dev diary #155 we talked about Origins, and today we will be returned to the topic by going through Origins again, but in more detail.

Please note that although this is a pretty exhaustive list, there is no guarantee that these Origins will necessarily match what will be in Federations once it is released.

What are Origins?
Origins allows you to pick a background story for your empire. An empire can only pick one Origin.

index.php

Prosperous Unification is the “default” Origin.

There are currently 18 Origins in the game, where some of them were converted from previously being Civics. Origins that were converted will be unlocked by the same DLC that they were unlocked by when they were civics.

The Origins
Prosperous Unification: Start with 4 additional Pops and 2 additional Districts. (Available to everyone)

Mechanist: Start with 8 Pops being robots, and the ability to build more. (Utopia)

Syncretic Evolution: Start the game with 12 Pops being of another species. (Utopia)

index.php

Life-Seeded: Start on a Gaia World. (Apocalypse)

Post-Apocalyptic: Start on a Tomb World. (Apocalypse)

Remnants: Start on a Relic World. (Federations)

Shattered Ring: Start on a Shattered Ring World. Your empire lives on the only intact section of the ancient megastructure, and it is possible to repair most of the other sections. (Federations)

Void Dwellers: Start on a Habitat above your destroyed, former homeworld. Adept at living in habitats, and start with the technology to build new ones. (Federations)

Scion: Start as the vassal of a Fallen Empire. (Federations)

index.php

Galactic Doorstep: Start with a dormant Gateway in your home system. (Available to everyone)

Tree of Life: Only for Hive Minds. Start with a powerful Tree of Life on your homeworld. Disastrous if you would somehow lose control of it. (Federations)

index.php
index.php

On the Shoulder of Giants: Start with an Archaeological Site related to a mysterious benefactor. (Federations)

Calamitous Birth: Lithoid Only. Start with a Massive Crater on your Homeworld. You are also able to build Meteorite Colony Ships, which colonize planets in a more dramatic fashion. (Lithoids)

Zi0m58PMJx0I1FMIMHFA7EWL1vI2ClddP2CRVMaeGPLtWX6UHTE3hIhX9I9GdcbcE_M71tYq4QdZkb38UWb0y54gSHMcwFusdRBbO0KIKoMf7x2DZp2O0qEQE0cC-hWWXE_HMMAX

Comfy federalized start.

Common Ground: Start with as the leader of a Galactic Union federation, and with The Federation tradition unlocked. (Federations)

Hegemon: Start with as the leader of a Hegemony federation, and with The Federation tradition unlocked. (Federations)

index.php

Doomsday: Your homeworld is doomed and it will explode after 64 years, so you need to find a new home for your species. (Federations)

Lost Colony: Another empire with the same species as you will exist somewhere in the galaxy. (Available to everyone)

---

That is it for this week! Next week we will be back and we will be talking about some of the new things affecting diplomacy, such as Envoys.

Most of these origins sound blandish. Some are pretty interesting, like Void Dwellers and Doomsday. Those are bold.

I'm surprised they didn't do a militaristic version of prosperous unification. If you start as militaristic, the intro blurb pretty much says you rekted everyone else to unify your world.

Another lacking obvious origin: Alien Invasion Victims.

I'm surprised they didn't include unique origins for Megacorps and Robots.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Btw, anyone else found this dev diary bland? Felt like I was reading an ad. This is one of the most hyped features from this DLC and patch.

They didn't provide the description of the Resource Consolidation origin. It looks as if it could potentially be the unique robot origin.

Unique robot origin makes sense, we got a unique hive origin after all.

I bet ten brofists that its a Paper-Clip Maximizer origin, or its equivalent for Stellaris.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
My version of Stellaris is 2.2.4 with all DLC. Is there any reason to upgrade from that since I have technical issues with anything older that may be a quirk of my own system (geforce drivers, windows updates, etc.)? I discovered that if you disable any kind of DPI scaling in the game's exe and set your desktop scaling to 125% or higher it actually makes the tiny font readable on my 1080p Vizio 43" TV without using any font mods.

Norfleet

I'm surprised they didn't do a militaristic version of prosperous unification. If you start as militaristic, the intro blurb pretty much says you rekted everyone else to unify your world.
I suspect that might just be the generic bland origin, so needs no further explanation or elaboration.

Why would they do that when the whole point of that thread is as a containment thread?

Well, apparently it isn't working as a containment thread. People are pissed at the lack of action from Paradox and are opening new threads, which are getting deleted too. But clearly Paradox wants everyone to just shut up about the whole thing altogether and buy more DLC like good little goyim instead of worrying about things like "expecting a product that isn't broken".

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Lol, they are now mass banning people in Performance Megathread. Way to go!

The pops unrest mechanic in Paradox games has become much more clear now. I wonder how long before we hear news that Sweden wants to send people who don't agree with them to other planets.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It seems all the bitching has worked:
Stellaris - The Dev's Noticed, They're Gonna Work on Performance (Also Federations Stuff)

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It seems all the bitching has worked:
Stellaris - The Dev's Noticed, They're Gonna Work on Performance (Also Federations Stuff)

"Thank you for submitting your valuable ideas and complaints, comrade worker. The Communist Party always takes any valid and frank Bolshevik criticism with open heart. Please be assured that voices from comrade workers such as yourself shall be taken under consideration during the preparation of the next Five Year Plan.

In the meantime please be informed and advised that you are obliged to maintain the revolutionary discipline. The Party always acts in your best interest at heart, therefore you are still ordered to follow its directives. In particular, all rules regarding reactionary propaganda and seditious libel still apply. Be therefore advised to prepare a detailed list of people with whom you discussed your ideas and carry it with you at all times. "

I will react when they say something like "Btw, the game is now 20% faster".

The game needs to be more like 200% faster once you get 100 years in.

Surely. I am honestly not the best person to opinate, because my computer is at the limit of recommended system requirements, but I keep hearing people with veritable supercomputers complain about performance. If these people think performance is shit, I think performance is shit.

Stellaris ins't much heavier than CKII, and yet the difference between the performance of CKII and Stellaris is brutal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom