Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by pakoito, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    They've dialed it back from ~8 frames (as aweigh pointed out), but it's still unacceptable IMO. And Capcom isn't exclusively to blame for this trend, in fact Namco's Tekken 7 has even worse delay. I expect Dragon Ball will also have significant delay, and every single major fighting game in the forseeable future.

It's pure decline.

^ Top  
  2. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    dragonball is by ASW thank god.

^ Top  
  3. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Dragonball will likely have close to no input delay, apart from that caused by the connection (i didnt look this up or anything, but its pretty likely).

also i just prepurchased its expensive ass

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Not that the input buffer isn't retarded, but if you actually used 2 punch buttons, instead of a retarded macro, then this problem would go away immediately.

edit: in fact that sounds way more like an input error than an input buffer problem.

^ Top  
  5. RoBoBOBR Augur Patron

RoBoBOBR
    nope, T7 reduced input lag in patch 1.10, is now 4,8 frames on PS4.

^ Top  
  6. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    It's cute that you assume what input method I use - I use arcade sticks exclusively and I plink my buttons. I've never used any macros ever - I used to play these games at the arcade.

edit: for sure it's input error and it's my fault, I'm not disputing that - but that error would not occur if the buffer window weren't so wide. I'm used to playing more responsive games.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    ^ Top  
  7. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    i like how DakaSha II DakaSha V thinks DBZ fighter will "have no input delay besides the online connection". He doesn't seem to understand how latency works, or what it is, and it's so cute!

"will have no input delay" :D

^ Top  
  8. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Ive never heard of plinking causing this behavior. For the input buffer to be the issue, you would still be required to press the 3 punch buttons at some point, when you only need to press 2. I dont see how plinking affects that. There really isnt any reason to plink anyways. (but i assume its a habit from earlier games).

And almost every arcade stick has 2 extra macro buttons. It isn't unreasonable to assume you would be using them, given the issue you supposedly have.

But im not arguing the essence of your post. The input buffer/negative edge is utterly retarded, and i feel it got even worse with AE. Its almost impossible for me to do something like st Hp -> Knee press with bison, since the knee press becomes psycho blast for instance.

edit: also the classic dash up fireball is incredibly difficult to get instead of dash up, lifebar destroying, round ending dp. This has always been an issue but its extreme here.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    holy shit I'm so fucking sick of, as a rookie, being matched against super bronze players who are 400-500 thousand ranks ahead of me and have +1200 LP.

I know u all say get good or whatever but it'd be nice to be matched against someone near my skill level every now and then.

^ Top  
  10. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    If there is nobody near your skill level within decent connection range, the only answer is git gud (or rather git better than gutter trash)

You've only been playing for a few days. It's gonna take much longer than that to get noticibly better, unless you have above average talent.

The game can't magically summon other players who are equally as bad as you out of thin air.

It's going to be annoying, but you may as well get used to it. I'm gold and switched characters, so I'm effectively in your situation since I'm matched with golds who arnt using a new character. Too bad. I have to deal with it, and so do you

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Keep in mind that this issue is more pronounced in a fighting game than most other genres. You may think you're getting matched better in an fps or moba, but that's only because the team based nature of the games mask your ineptitude and obvious superiority of neckbeard no life uebermenschen on the other team.

Edit: well and they have more players, but the point still stands

^ Top  
  12. aweigh Arcane

aweigh

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    the first combo in this video is one of Ryu's best new ones:

ex-Donkey Kick xx Axe Kick xx ex-Fireball xx V-Trigger 1 + Fwd. Dash xx HP.SRK / ex-SRK

Ryu is still bottom-tier though, still one of the worst characters in SF 5.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. pakoito Arcane

pakoito
    Old Man Valle still has it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. aweigh Arcane

aweigh

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    A bit ironic that Koreans win both Tekken 7 and SF:V in Evo Japan.

^ Top  
  18. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime

^ Top  
  19. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    i just dropped 30 bucks on season pass 3... ouch. Mainly for Cody though I am interested to see how Falke will play.

^ Top  
  20. Colour Spray Educated

Colour Spray
    He forgot to mention Infiltration using Juri to counter Rashid, who I imagine is a bit of a nightmare for Menat, FGC immediately starts to wonder if Juri is top-tier now.

I wasted my money on that pass too. Even if the latest blonde waifu doesn't pan out, you can always rely on Sagat for yer bald husbando.

^ Top  
  21. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    DakaSha II DakaSha V Great Deceiver veealune pakoito Colour Spray TheHeroOfTime Dawkinsfan69 RoBoBOBR HeatEXTEND

i was rooting around my GDrive and found a video i recorded of the most perfect Ryu player I ever saw (in SF4):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxPgAqwbIfAVTE9oNmdZc0xuSUM4cTlHbVJxenh0aFhFR2NJ

...brings a tear to my eye to see such impeccable play, such masterful spacing and such easy knowledge of how to control the opponent.

unfortunately playing like this with Ryu is impossible in SF V, as we all know... the only character who can even approach this kind of perfect zoning and control is obviously SF V's guile, and even there... there are simply too many characters/options in SF V who can bypass "the neutral" altogether:

- characters like Rashid could simply eagle spike through any attempt at zoning or control of space.
    - characters like Menat... well, you know what Menat can do.
    - characters like Abigail or Urien who can simply utilize very fast horizontal-moving special moves with multiple hits of "armor".

etc.

Zoning as seen in the above video, i.e. "traditional street fighter shoto-play", is simply not possible in SF V, not truly.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. pakoito Arcane

pakoito
    Are those the old Air tutorials? Air was clean AF.

^ Top  
  23. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    I actually have no clue where that video is originally from... back when I was learning the ropes during 2009-2010 on SF4's release one of my early 'internet sensei' was someone who used the Steam handle "Timon", and he sent me that video in order to show me "proper Ryu play".

I doubt it's Air in the video, though, as the final win quote language/characters are Korean.

^ Top  
  24. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    SFV has no fireball game - as you said, pretty much every character can bypass it using a braindead move. That's one of the reasons why Ryu is so shit. The other one is that he needs meter to do comparable damage to other characters' no-meter combos. Parry V trigger is a joke and the new mule kick is pretty bad, it's only good for V-cancel combo setups and even then it's unreliable in the corner.

I actually don't know how to close distance with Ryu in this game, anything outside MK range and he's fucked. That's the most un-Ryu shit ever.

^ Top  
  25. pakoito Arcane

pakoito
    That's ERyu who got released circa 2011 and wolf Ryu is from one Ultra costumes pack from 2014. Timeline does not compute.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)