Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Streets of Rage 4

Latelistener

Arcane
Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games and Dotemu are thrilled to present Streets of Rage 4.

Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I like how Axel is kinda old & gaunt but Blaze is still smoking hot, as if she hadn't aged a year. Not that I complain, though.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
They did not censor Blaze? Thank all the powers that be, she along with Tyris Flare helped me grow from boy to man.

Tbh given the times, i half expected her to be in a burkha.

tritosine2k

Erudite
At this point that trailer looks looks more like this:

than something worthwhile to go with Yuzo Koshiro's soundtrack...

Vorark

Erudite
The art style reminds me a bit too much of those flash games of yore, but need to see more of it in action. Also, where's Adam, Max, Skate...? Hopefully more characters will be playable. And what about Yuzo Koshiro? He needs to work on the music!

Cautiously optimistic about this.

Edit:

DlnUtUEXoAA51pn.jpg

Lol, for a moment I thought Blaze was wearing shorts. Interesting how Axel looks like an old dude while she's still young. :lol:

Last edited:

bobs

Novice
The art style reminds me a bit too much of those flash games of yore, but need to see more of it in action. Also, where's Adam, Max, Skate...? Hopefully more characters will be playable. And what about Yuzo Koshiro? He needs to work on the music!

Cautiously optimistic about this.

Edit:

DlnUtUEXoAA51pn.jpg

Lol, for a moment I thought Blaze was wearing shorts. Interesting how Axel looks like an old dude while she's still young. :lol:
Art looks fine. Those old flash games usually had much more simple designs and are animated using flash' puppet rigging, while this one does look like they actually animate each key frames.

That said, I'm never a big fan of arcade side-scroller beat em up, so I don't really care about this one.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lovely animators. However what they don't tell you is the people behind the gameplay is the same people behind Streets of Fury.

Not coincidentally all the companies behind this are french. Dotemu, Guard Crush and Lizardcube.

EDIT: Negativity and cautious pessimism aside, Streets of Rage is my favorite beat 'em up series and I'm glad to see another one that looks so well animated. I hope it turns out well regardless.

mogwaimon

Magister
I was excited until I saw the Tumblrette with tentacle arms at the end and that was when I knew she was going to be the new mysterious playable character with a dark past who overcomes it with quips and sarcasm while fighting the patriarchy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I was excited until I saw the Tumblrette with tentacle arms at the end and that was when I knew she was going to be the new mysterious playable character with a dark past who overcomes it with quips and sarcasm while fighting the patriarchy.
Really, because she looked like the villain to me.

I mean Mr. X was beaten until he was nothing but a brain, it'd be a bit weird to drag him out again.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The fact they are not creating something new, but reusing old models with added Yaoi filter, with guaranteed subar music without Yuzo, makes me recoil in disgust.

mogwaimon

Magister
Really, because she looked like the villain to me.

I mean Mr. X was beaten until he was nothing but a brain, it'd be a bit weird to drag him out again.

That's the swerve. She's gonna be a boss on the first or second stage instead of the main villain and you'll unlock her like how you could unlock the kangaroo back in SoR3.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Streets of Rage Remake is the real SoR4.

Also, that art style looks fucking atrocious.

mwnn85

Savant
I've been playing that fan remake/revision of Streets of Rage and it's well worth a try.
Criminal that Sega killed it off.

There's links here (Win/Mac) and packages for Arch Linux in the AUR.
Got it working on the latter with an xbox 360 pad (just had to rebind the buttons to something more sensible in-game)

He's basically taken everything in the original three games + some bits from Street Fighter + the kitchen sink = incline!
Some of the bosses/enemies are clearly inspired by Blanka, Sagat & Vega. (I fought the former in a cavern map what looked like it was straight from Aliens)
Options galore and that music.
You'd be very hard to please to not find something to like here.
You can even pretend you're smashing the readers of RPGWatch in the face with pipes, broken bottles and metal baseball bats.
:shredder:

A bit of Youtube footage.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
I'm well up for this. Enough old school to be what I like, enough new school to keep it fresh. Excited :bounce:

I've been playing that fan remake/revision of Streets of Rage and it's well worth a try.
Criminal that Sega killed it off.

There's links here (Win/Mac) and packages for Arch Linux in the AUR.
Got it working on the latter with an xbox 360 pad (just had to rebind the buttons to something more sensible in-game)

He's basically taken everything in the original three games + some bits from Street Fighter + the kitchen sink = incline!
Some of the bosses/enemies are clearly inspired by Blanka, Sagat & Vega. (I fought the former in a cavern map what looked like it was straight from Aliens)
Options galore and that music.
You'd be very hard to please to not find something to like here.
You can even pretend you're smashing the readers of RPGWatch in the face with pipes, broken bottles and metal baseball bats.
:shredder:

A bit of Youtube footage.

Top lad, cheers for posting :dance:+M:incline:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom