Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Streets of Rage 4

Misco Jones

Savant
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/28/streets-of-rage-4-new-screenshots-revealed-a-ign-first

ing-sor4-gif-1545351826464_1280w.gif

Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_001.jpg

Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_002.jpg

Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_003.jpg

Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_004.jpg

Streets-of-Rage-4_2018_12-28-18_005ign.png

Modron

Arcane
Looks better in motion than stills. These guys did a good job on their previous remake will watch for further updates.

Misco Jones

Savant
Confirmed: Streets of Rage 4 will bring back Yuzo Koshiro.

Composers:

- Yuzo Koshiro
- Motohiro Kawashima
- Yoko Shimomura
- Keiji Yamagishi
- Hideki Naganuma

Misco Jones

Savant
Streets of Rage 4 launches for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2020.

New trailer introduces the latest character:

Cherry Hunter is the daughter of Adam Hunter from the original Streets of Rage.

Trained by her father and Axel, Cherry learned self-defense from a young age. Her interest in following in her father’s footsteps and becoming a cop soon faded out, replaced by her love of music. Nowadays, she plays with her electro progressive rock band in some of the most dangerous places in Wood Oak City. She may look young but make no mistake – she is a seasoned veteran of kicking ass and taking names.

The new trailer also reveals several more levels in the upcoming game at different times of day: neon lighted urban rooftops, elevator, seedy airport hangars, dirty sewers, thumping music stage and many more are all yours for the taking – lay the smackdown and don’t look back.

Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel and Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I was more excited for the 2 seconds we saw Shiva.

How about instead of putting Adam's brother or Adam's daughter in the game we just put Adam back in?

ultimanecat

Arcane
Not so sure on Cherry fitting the vibe they're going for. But I guess these games always had weird/gimmicky characters alongside the usual ones.

Ash

Arcane
The art style is detailed and has some kind of appeal, yet at the same time looks like shit. Needs less cartoon-ness and more grit.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yeah, the old SoR games looked great and still do to this day. My issues with the SoR4 artstyle is it doesn't exude that same personality to it. Things seem kind of flat and nothing pops out.

It'll probably be a fun game, perfectly serviceable as a beat 'em up. But this is STREETS OF RAGE, baby. This is to many people THE beat 'em up. This is was the game us Sega Genesis fans would hold over SNES fans when they'd try to bring Final Fight to the argument. I don't want a fun game, or a serviceable or even just a good game. I expect a beat 'em up that's so great it makes me have to take a break to keep my brain from melting at how awesome it is.

And if this game has no playable Adam or Max then I'll really be heated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom