Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Streets of Rage Remake Leaked Gameplay

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Gameplay footage of a proposed Streets of Rage "re-imagining". The project was being developed by Ruffian Games and apparently pitched to SEGA as a downloadable title before it was cancelled.

And pretty it certainly does look. If we were betting men, we'd hazard a guess that the title got canned as a result of SEGA's unfortunate financial crisis back in April. The publisher had revealed a heavy restructuring that would see a focus on mobile and its most popular franchises, and meant that multiple unannounced projects had been cancelled. It would make sense that this was one of these projects.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Combat animations don't have enough heft. :rpgcodex:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So is this why they shutdown the finished fan remake?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I love the old beat 'em ups. Something about 3D that just fucks up the whole formula.

Battletoads & Double Dragon was the cherry on top of that genre.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Combat animations don't have enough heft. :rpgcodex:

Yeah, environments were nice enough but those animations were pretty terrible (and WIP is no excuse - if it's meant to showcase and 'sell' the project, it damn better look good).

Plus they should've stuck with the side-view, no need for that third person popamole.

Transferring these games to 3D always makes them feel too floaty, leaving you self-aware of the fact that you aren't controlling a character but just a hit box with various poorly made animations tied to it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Really? Good that I got a copy months ago.

Thankfully you can still find it if you search a bit. It seems that it gets a lot of praise and it's probably much better than any 3D commercial shit remake they would make today.

The Plague

Novice
With these graphics as a sidescroller, why not? As it is now it just looks like a God of War clone in modern setting. Pass.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I can't wait until they make Blade Runner: The Videogame, based on the award-winning Michael Bay remake of Ridley Scott's classic. Play as a vengeance-seeking android and shoot up downtown Los Angelas with your dual Hand Cannons(TM) while riding your kickass robo-unicorn!

Fryjar

Augur
I can't wait until they make Blade Runner: The Videogame, based on the award-winning Michael Bay remake of Ridley Scott's classic. Play as an android and shoot up downtown Los Angelas while riding your kickass robo-unicorn!
Don't call for it, someone might think this is a good idea.
That being sade the Blade Runner game by Westwood was pretty good, too bad its not on GoG.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like how the guy with the knife waited for the player to finish beating up the phone booth before moving in to attack.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Thank God sega had that crisis - at least another great title's rape is delayed for a couple more years.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
tumblr_m6epknUjge1qgfnmgo1_1280.png

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Double Dragon was fucking awesome. I wasted so many coins and hours on the arcades on that bitch. Felt cool to play a white guy who could beat niggers, rather than the other way around it is in RL. :smug:

But then Street Fighter 2 came out, rendering dbl dragon type of games as useless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom