Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Streets of Rogue

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, May 21, 2019.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    http://streetsofrogue.com/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    I've had it on my wishlist for a while. It looks pretty good, but my backlog is pretty full already. I'll get it eventually though, maybe once it leaves Early Access. Anyone here played it?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    I gave free demo a spin more than year ago.
    It was then fun, but lacked any ultimate goal to accomplish.

Itemization was pretty good and offers nice range of options from poisoning air vents with random syringes to blowing everything up.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hellbent Augur

hellbent
    I've messed with it a little for about 5 hours over a year ago and it is p. cool, nice to play for an hour at a time. Something fun about using a using the varied classes like the stealthy doctor to knock people out or a scientist with a shrink / freeze ray. Smooth to play with a XBOX controller. Been meaning to give it another and lengthier run since the many updates done since then, just backlogged like so many others.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    it's out of early access

• Informative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    Another one that I'll probably wishlist for a sale. Looks like the perfect thing to play with videos on the 2nd monitor

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. rolandz_Baton_PROD Educated

rolandz_Baton_PROD
    Agreed with the posters above. Played with only the non-lethal doctor for three hours, and had my share of enjoyment. Although the classes offer distinct play styles and abilities from each other, i did notice that as the non-lethal doctor, the gameplay loop was fairly small and limited - i was doing the same things over and over again albeit with the doctor's unique abilities. Indeed, there only seems to be two types missions for each level: Hostage rescue, and retrieval of an item. Doing these will clear you for the next level. Besides those, there isn't much else to do besides buy and steal shit in order to make the aforementioned missions easier. Thankfully, there's a great variety of classes to choose from. You can even create your own, though I haven't done this before.

I guess to spice things up a hefty notch, there's these custom "disasters" that you can enable (or can happen on chance). I've experienced the meteor strike (airstrike?) and martial law (police will kill on sight) disasters, and they were plenty fun. The former was absolute chaos that actually made the level somewhat easier by blowing convenient passage ways and holes into where i needed to go, while the latter was an enjoyable challenge that forced me to play by my character's strengths, and become wary of my weaknesses. There's even many more disasters as well.

Overall, i'd say it's fairly mixed at full price. It sure has some very amazing concepts that work, but the game itself can get stale after... i'd say around two hours of play time, and i don't think i'll be able to redo my doctor playthrough again due to boredom. Would recommend whilst on sale.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Devs are consdering GOG release.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/512900/discussions/0/135511294065750701/

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)