Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Studio FOW's Subverse - Explore a wacky galaxy full of hot alien babes! - now on Early Access

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Why can't big AAA studios come up with genius concepts like this? Always the indies driving innovation and creativity in the biz.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The Planet Codexia is an interstellar repository of forbidden magicks and forbidden thoughts. From the Hall of Monocles to the the Vault of Prosperia, and even the ill spoken Retardoland's Descent, all manner of knowledge about arcana are catalogued and maintained. But underneath the veneer of austere tranquilty and studious record keeping, something creeps in the shadows. The supercomputer used to index and file the various smatterings of the planet's inhabitants' thoughts, code named "Infinitron," has started to malfunction and begins to enact his own agenda.

One of the most galactically renowned and peculiar customs of the all-male Codexia is "brofisting", where one Codexian will insert his fist into the anus of another as a token of appreciation. The everyday occurrence of brofisting on the planet has disgusted many a tourist, save for the long-term visitors who seem to have made it their life's goal to get the local Codexians to appreciate them as much as possible.

Reportedly the custom has its roots in ancient religious rituals, where the men of Codexia would sodomize eachother on the regular so the resulting gay-rays would repel a doomsday event that's locally only referred to as "TITZ".

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Planet Codexia is an interstellar repository of forbidden magicks and forbidden thoughts. From the Hall of Monocles to the the Vault of Prosperia, and even the ill spoken Retardoland's Descent, all manner of knowledge about arcana are catalogued and maintained. But underneath the veneer of austere tranquilty and studious record keeping, something creeps in the shadows. The supercomputer used to index and file the various smatterings of the planet's inhabitants' thoughts, code named "Infinitron," has started to malfunction and begins to enact his own agenda.

One of the most galactically renowned and peculiar customs of the all-male Codexia is "brofisting", where one Codexian will insert his fist into the anus of another as a token of appreciation. The everyday occurrence of brofisting on the planet has disgusted many a tourist, save for the long-term visitors who seem to have made it their life's goal to get the local Codexians to appreciate them as much as possible.

Reportedly the custom has its roots in ancient religious rituals, where the men of Codexia would sodomize eachother on the regular so the resulting gay-rays would repel a doomsday event that's locally only referred to as "TITZ".

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

While we're on the subject of weird shit, I suggest this company insert as much fetish from as many angles and as many humans and aliens as possible in this game to deflect the guaranteed onslaught that it will probably recieve if people think it's just about 'a guy in a ship full of babes.' I suggest at least one female alien babe with a horsecock.

The head guy person at Studio FOW dropped the following comment on kickstarter in response to someone asking for every sex scene to have freecam as opposed to static camera angles:

"Sure, see you in about 6 years then? Because I hope you are a very patient man who is willing to wait that long for us to make 200+ sex animations perfectly looped, perfectly synced, and viewable from every single angle with no clipping or breaks in outfit modularity.
In short, no"

Who knows if that's hyperbole or an accurate estimate, but that is way more than I expected (I thought perhaps 5-10 scenes per character depending on how varied and numerous the mantics are.)

catfood

AGAIN
They were close to $2M but something happened.

The Chinese have been using one person with a visa so they can make a payment because KS doesn’t provide methods traditional chinese use to pay. They, fair enough, marked that as fraudulent and removed them. But it’s really not. It sucks but I understand KS perspective.

They lost about $100k in one fell swoop.

EDIT:

CONCERNING THE SUDDEN DROP IN PLEDGES:

We have confirmed this was almost entirely due to two large fraudulent pledge operations being nuked from orbit by Kickstarter. I'm posting this just so everyone knows the truth and doesn't have to worry about their own pledges or the project status.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The Chinese have been using one person with a visa so they can make a payment because KS doesn’t provide methods traditional chinese use to pay. They, fair enough, marked that as fraudulent and removed them. But it’s really not. It sucks but I understand KS perspective.

EDIT:

We have confirmed this was almost entirely due to two large fraudulent pledge operations being nuked from orbit by Kickstarter. I'm posting this just so everyone knows the truth and doesn't have to worry about their own pledges or the project status.

:whatho:
How the fuck giving money away could be "fraudulent" ??? Were they from "far right" people?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

EDIT:

:whatho:
How the fuck giving money away could be "fraudulent" ??? Were they from "far right" people?

If the money was paid using stolen/hacked credit cards, which would mean the charges would be reverted by the bank at a later date.

catfood

AGAIN
It just surpassed Star Citizen. Currently it's the 17th most funded video game and the 9th most backed game on Kickstarter.

EDIT: Ha, ha I looked through the top 20 or something most funded games and realized that almost all of them turned out to be mediocre if not outright garbage. I mean NumaNuma, Pillows, BT4, Double Fine Adventure and some MMO trash. What a top list! :lol:

Last edited:

oregano12

Educated
Yeah, judging by the current state of the top 10 games its no surprise that funding for Kickstarter games has fallen off a cliff during the past few years.

1. Shenmue 3 - Has been vaporware for the past 4 years. Its now finally scheduled to release this year and looking at the trailers its seems... alright for a Shenmue game? The fans are excited I guess. Bear in mind that it needed the help of two third-parties (Deep Silver and Shibuyia Productions) in order to fulfill most of what it was promised during the crownfunding.
2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Also vaporware since it was announced 4 years ago and ALSO needed the help of a third-party (505 Games) in order to fulfill what was promised. (what is the point of making a crownfunding campaign if your just gonna end up signing a contract with a publisher anyway?) The prequel game was pretty good at least.
3. Torment: Tides of Numenema - Do I even need to explain this one to you guys? The only good thing that came out of this game was the "Chris Avellone stretch goal" meme.
4. Pillars of Eternity - Another self-explanatory story.
5. Mighty N.9 - If you want a complete rundown of the clusterfuck that was Mighty N.9 production just check its Encyclopedia Dramatica page. It pretty much became a cautionary tale of how to NOT manage a crownfunding campaign.
6. Double Fine Adventure - It was a scam for Christ's sake!
7. Ashes of Creation - Never heard of it but one quick look at the most recent comments on the comment tab is already enough to see it was a failure and that the developers are avoiding talking with the backers. Cool!
8. Yooka-Laylee - Do you kids remember Yooka-Laylee? Of course you don't, it caused a minor controverse back when it was about to be released thanks to the JonTron cammeo and then it was completely eradicated from our memories. According to the comment tab the developers have also failed to deliver some of what it was promised during the campaign. Cool!
9 and 10. Wasteland 2 and Myst 25th Anniversary Collection - Probably the only two games from the top 10 that did not dissapoint. The exceptions that prove the rule. But considering one is a long awaited sequel to a beloved RPG classic and the other is a rerelease of a cult classic franchise, its pretty hard to fuck that up. (Despite that Cyan still managed to fuck the Myst collection to some degree)

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
Yooka-Laylee and Mighty N°9 are decent, people complain more about their development controversies than the game themselves.

lightbane

Arcane
Not sure about the first one, but I disagree with the second. MN9 is... Playable, at best. It's a mediocre PS2 plat-former game from the 2000s, complete with annoying and unnecessary stealth sections, poorly designed areas that required an obvious hint from the devs "do this to continue the game!" patched on, terrible art style, bad story, cringey voice-acting, sudden gameplay mechanics switches for little reason and so on.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity also delivered what most backers signed up for. It's only a small number of butthurt codexians who are disappointed with the final product.

orcinator

Liturgist
6. Double Fine Adventure - It was a scam for Christ's sake!
A game came out. It wasn't good but it came out.

9 and 10. Wasteland 2 and Myst 25th Anniversary Collection - Probably the only two games from the top 10 that did not dissapoint.
Never even heard of the myst KS, but were you not disappointed with WL2 because you expected it to be shit?

Gerrard

Arcane
The head guy person at Studio FOW dropped the following comment on kickstarter in response to someone asking for every sex scene to have freecam as opposed to static camera angles:

"Sure, see you in about 6 years then? Because I hope you are a very patient man who is willing to wait that long for us to make 200+ sex animations perfectly looped, perfectly synced, and viewable from every single angle with no clipping or breaks in outfit modularity.
In short, no"

Who knows if that's hyperbole or an accurate estimate, but that is way more than I expected (I thought perhaps 5-10 scenes per character depending on how varied and numerous the mantics are.)
The guy who runs Miconisomi all by himself has done it, and without a million dollars up front. Japanese devs reign supreme.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Wasteland 2 was a massive disappointment, no way I'm counting that as a kickstarter success. Even though I have a lot of problems with Pillars of Eternity, I'm at least willing to rate that over W2.

So yeah out of those top 10 or 20 kickstarter games, 0 were worth it in my book.

Anyways ended up tossing money at this aswell, can't be worst then the time I gave money to That Which Sleeps...
:negative:
I'll think of it as payment for the studio FOW films i've "enjoyed" for free.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/990500595/subverse/posts/2487311
That's a wrap! Campaign has ended!
Posted by FOW Interactive (Creator)
153 Comments
"" data-evaluation="true">
"" data-evaluation="true">
1,414 likes
Way to crash Kickstarter's 10th birthday bash, you guys!
We may not have gotten a "Projects We Love" tag on Kickstarter or much love from the mainstream media during this campaign but you sure as hell made a statement by uniting as one behind our project! You can all be very proud of yourselves as a community.

Despite a big dip due to lost Chinese pledges, we recovered to have an absolute monster of a final day and ended the campaign with a provisional £1,668,546

A whopping 58,724 of you have supported us and when the chips were down the FOW Army came up big time.

Campaign Stats

10 Waifus unlocked

14 Milestones smashed

3 Manga commissioned

100+ New animations added to the pool

4127 New Smenchkin owners

3915 New Studio69 patrons

429+ Newly discovered planets in Prodigium galaxy

15000+ Comments

30 Pages of Boin Boin Weekly scattered across the stars

20 Space Whales spotted on the scanner

$0 Spent on marketing because you guys are awesome

What happens next?

We're going to need a couple of days to recharge as it has been an exhausting campaign for everyone in the management team, answering thousands of emails, private messages and Discord messages.

After the weekend we will be posting our Roadmap right here which will detail what you can expect in 2019 and beyond from the dev team behind Subverse. We are very excited to share with you our plan for the game's development, and would love it if you guys were as involved as possible by participating in the game's Early Access.

Due to the barnstorming success of the game's Kickstarter, no doubt expectations have also risen but please bear in mind we are still a tiny dev team. In terms of funding we are amongst some elite company with studios such as Larian, Cloud Imperium, Obsidian and inExile - all of whom had bigger and more experienced dev teams than we do.

We promised we will not add feature creep and we will be sticking to our original vision of the game, which is a fun and fast paced tactical/shmup hybrid with some light RPG elements and lewd rewards. This will not be a large open world AAA title and whilst this Kickstarter has increased the volume of certain gameplay systems, we would still like to deliver Subverse within a reasonable timeframe. For this reason we need you guys to be patient with us and give us a bit of time to set up the fulfilment system before we begin posting any Steam updates and dev diaries.

Right now pledges will begin charging and this could take up to 10-14 days so we cannot really do anything Survey-wise until this process is complete and everyone has been verified.

Thank you once again for placing your trust in my studio and we're excited to continue making Subverse for you guys in the coming years. In the name of Empress Celestina II , we salute you!

-DC and the StudioFOW Team

d74afdd5f7393d30de8bd2dafaa94245_original.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom