Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Studio FOW's Subverse - Explore a wacky galaxy full of hot alien babes! - now on Early Access

catfood

AGAIN
Your waifus will now be tastefully raped by multi-headed dicks.

Update #7 - Bring on the xenos...£200,000 reached!
Posted by Mr. Kristoff (Collaborator)
14 Comments
"" data-evaluation="true">
"" data-evaluation="true">
74 likes
Manticores ante portas!

The support keeps flowing, no matter what. Nothing stops this dirty pledge train...

As a result, you've helped us unlocked some truly delicious scenes involving your waifu recruits and their genetically-engineered monster soldiers!

Our animation team is hyped to bring these sequences to life for all of our adoring fans, and we've got some absolutely amazing models that are going to bring defilement the likes of which will be beyond anything FOW has accomplished before thanks to the power of Unreal.

Producer's note - some of these models are placeholders and will be gradually replaced as funding rolls in.

b7006fc9537c42b8227f8b62f7428da0_original.jpg

So what's next at £250,000? Possibly the most exciting of all the stretch goals - LOYALTY QUESTS!

Reaching this tier will allow us to give every single waifu her very own quest for you to finish in the endgame. These events are highly scripted and play to the strengths and talents of your crew members, as well as dive deep into their personality and backstories! They will even provide some additional insight into the Prodigium galaxy, the captain, and the Mary Celeste as well.

These are an absolute must for fans of character development that want to see the script and overall scope of Subverse expanded. We look forward to working together to crafting these into some of the best missions of the game!

56d9ed3d849e0284176b695ab3db3dc0_original.jpg

Simple Simon

Scholar
That trailer was pretty funny. It is kind of odd to me how much attention this game is here and elsewhere. I wonder if it is kind of a reaction to SJW themes infesting more mainstream games.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Just hope they don't get banned from Kickstarter as well. They should probably avoid anything that smells like negligence in asking for, receiving and maintaining affirmative consent for the duration of the Kickstarter, I could see ResetEra drumming up a harassment/censorship campaign over that latest stretch goal.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Just hope they don't get banned from Kickstarter as well. They should probably avoid anything that smells like negligence in asking for, receiving and maintaining affirmative consent for the duration of the Kickstarter, I could see ResetEra drumming up a harassment/censorship campaign over that latest stretch goal.
Mr. Kristoff said:
Buc9K said:
A bit pessimistic question. I know it most likely won't gonna happen. But still:

What will you do if you get banned on kickstarter?
Kickstarter requires all projects to be approved prior to listing. Since we were already approved, very slim chance of that happening.

In the event that it does happen, we have contingency plans in place.

If Subverse gets banned on Kickstarter, 99% it is RetardEras (or any other SJW-related mass media site) information war campaign. Which means SJW declaring class war on us.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess this is a game that I will need to play after my wife and kid go to bed :D

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any character creation in this? The :shredder: stuff is fine, still gotta play the game.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
From the looks of things they are going to need more stretch goals.

Good guess.
utility-spacer.png

Update #8 - £250,000 reached! Loyalty quests are good to go!
cbc2a87c274a6926928bb515c0a65b47_original.png

Mr. Kristoff
Apr 1, 2019
Oh look at that...we've destroyed all expectations yet again and unlocked another stretch goal at ludicrous speed!

Subverse will now include loyalty quests thanks to your pledges. That means a deeper, thicker script that's going to hit all the right places when it comes to the waifu characters. Expect to gain access to these quests towards the end of the game when your recruits will both need and trust you the most. While each of your waifus will offer an entirely different plot thread, expect all of these experiences to offer an intimate look into the true nature of their character.

Speaking of intimate...guess what's up next? That's right! Cinematic vignettes!!!

What exactly does that mean? FOW is going to bring the conclusions of those loyalty quests to life with some absolutely stunning 1-2 minute cutscenes that are fully animated from start to finish. Any of our old fans that are familiar with our shorts or later raffles will have a good idea of what to expect from these rewards.

We're really, really hoping to hit this goal so we can give the waifus of Subverse a chance to light up the stage in true FOW fashion. Expect nothing but the top-tier of what we can produce in the Unreal Engine and some truly vivid sequences.

The ladies of Subverse thank you!

aaa8ae768a63c36fddd9894d8783d161_original.gif

On top of all this good news, we're going to have another big announcement soon...

That's right...ADDITIONAL STRETCH GOALS! Fate has deemed it so that Subverse's crowdfunding success continues to defy all expectations, so we must answer the call of all our degenerate fans worldwide.

We've been paying diligent attention to your feedback and have assembled one hell of a hit-list of features we know we can include in the game with the appropriate levels of funding while also avoiding feature creep.

Expect these to be announced SOON ™ .

And expect your reaction to something like this:

0d361b678c43fd329dbb1de7111fa7d7_original.gif

AND THEN THIS...

95fbd5d5aadf9461e8630ccd31ce95a2_original.gif

Hope it doesn't fall victim to stretch goal bloat. 3D figures incoming? MCA writing?

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
Subverse just hit 300k for those Cinematic Waifu Vignettes. You wouldn't know Kickstarting games has waned in the last year to look at this. The support has been crazy and just goes to show there's still plenty of folk willing to put cash upfront for the right project.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Subverse just hit 300k for those Cinematic Waifu Vignettes. You wouldn't know Kickstarting games has waned in the last year to look at this. The support has been crazy and just goes to show there's still plenty of folk willing to put cash upfront for the right project.
395000$ already. They are actually geting money faster than they can edit their page that another stretchgoal have been reached.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
395000$ already. They are actually geting money faster than they can edit their page that another stretchgoal have been reached.
Keep in mind that the goals are in british pounds, so $395k means that, like Mark Richard said, they just hit the £300k stretch goal.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Update #9 - £300,000 reached! Did somebody order vignettes?!?
Posted by FOW Interactive (Creator)

Murakami be praised! We've now reached a level of funding where we can bring you some proper cinematic goodness to cap off the endgame in style! To be honest, this was the milestone I was looking forward to the most, because I get to partake in some good old fashioned directorial wankery.

For those of you who are new to StudioFOW and have only discovered us because of this campaign - we're mostly known for our creative attempts at moviemaking rather than videogames. And by moviemaking we mean sticking 14 inch demon dongs up videogame waifus' poop-chutes.

--------

What are these vignettes?

It's basically a 2 minute long non-interactive "sex cinematic" unlocked when the waifu is finished with her loyalty quest. As you guys know by now, our sex scenes run in realtime and have limited interactivity but we don't have any of our typical movie-style scenes in the game yet. These vignettes will rectify that. They will tie directly in to the story of the waifu and capture her personality in a neat bow-tie.

Will they be skippable if I dont like the scene?

Yes they will be skippable, and you can also view the vignettes later in the Captains Quarters.

Will outfit changes apply during these vignettes?

No, the waifus will be either naked or wearing a piece of their default gear - however, if we are running ahead of schedule then we will look into potential outfit selections for the 1.0 release ...no promises however =)

Will they be voiced and realtime?

Yes. They will be voiced and they are constructed via Sequencer so they will be running in real-time...HOWEVER, this may be subject to change depending on how intensely it wrecks lower-end PC's.

--------

These extra scenes are going to elevate the waifu's stories in Subverse to amazing heights, and we couldn't have it done it without all of our lovely fans that have been supporting us from the start as well as all of our new ones from around the world that have come together to support this project.

We've said before, but we're gonna say it again...THANK YOU, DISTINGUISHED PERVERTS!

So what's next then? A rather fun cosmetic twist on the game - customizable quarters for your protagonist! Want to give your personal fuck-pad a bit more personality? Then jazz it up with some stylistic changes! This will be the tier for all of you loot-whores out there that wanna deck out your quarters and have fun doing it through an expanded system of collectibles!

-DC

8d998b23fe9b5f0a757664d83f0f096e_original.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Another stretch goal reached. 23 days to go. Looks like they'll need to post the new goals ASAP.

Update #10 - £350,000 reached! Pimp out your Quarters!
Posted by FOW Interactive (Creator)

This campaign is crazy! We've reached yet another tier, and we're incredibly pleased to be given the opportunity to bring customizable Captains Quarters to you guys. This will allow us to hire an extra programmer to help with the collectibles, and to assist us in streamlining the customization. We feel it's important for the Captains Quarters to feel like your private "sanctuary" so you should have as much control over it as possible.

Now for some more good news. You guys may remember we unlocked Squidgirl a while back, well...we promised you some concept art if reached the higher tiers so here it is - the world exclusive first look at squidgirl-chan!

6146b0d9acbf9e9f6ee846a182384bb2_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom