Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Supcom: FAF

I've started uploading some ladder matches, here's the latest:

No commentary, might try to do that in future.

I really loved the single player in both supcom and FA, but MP looks like its massively stressful and autistic to the point of rivalling SC2

Well high level 1v1 is kind of autistic but the majority of people play big teamgames where you throw experimentals and nukes and everything at each other which is easy to do, you don't need to be quick or have high apm. You can also play high level 1v1 with low apm as well and it's not too stressful when you get comfortable with the game.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing lately FAF. It is amazing what they did with Supcom 1 and FA.
You can now play actually whole campaign right now. You can also more or less bind keys.

My favorite part though is playing skimrish with pause.
It is super fun to have that and micro manage your forces around trying to beat aggressive AI.

Perkel

Arcane
My only wish would be for it to have some sense of formations. It is icredibly annoying to super micro because units can't move decently in formations. Especially longer distances tend to be one big clusterfuck. Your light assault bots just go away leaving away AA defense etc. Same with Guard command. They follow units at a distance rather than around unit providing active defense.

If guard command at least would work well then you could effectively create chain of command and in essense battle groups and you wouldn't need to ultra micro everything.

So for example:

- 5 medium tanks with 5 light assault bots each as guards
- those 5 medium tanks themselves would guard 1 Heavy AA unit

This way only with 1 heavy AA unit you would effectively give 25 units command.
Tie 4 of those and you have effective battle group with 104 units total

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

Also i would wish for units to have more hp or their accuracy should be a lot worse so conflicts would last some times instead of instant two units collide. Also support units who auto heal units would be lovely.

Endemic

Arcane
Yeah, the co-op campaign option is nice, and automatically scales difficulty based on the number of players.

Also i would wish for units to have more hp or their accuracy should be a lot worse so conflicts would last some times instead of instant two units collide. Also support units who auto heal units would be lovely.

They do if you tech up. As for repairing, that's only worthwhile on select buildings and experimental tier units, since it costs both mass and energy. Have you tried using SCUs yet?

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, but even with bigger units conflicts still happen to fast and imho resource generation is also too fast.
I fixed resource generation with mod that halves them.

But for damage/health i downloaded few mods which make 5 time more damage or life (and then edit those) but they don't work and break map/game when you start with them. I will probably today read about modding FAF and try to make those mods myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom